IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Vishnu Durga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Kannanji, (Vishnu Durga) VishnuDurga is a Siddha-created deity. If you have access to Tamil Siddha Litreature you will be aware of an image wherein the deity stands in the centre and the 18 main Tamil siddhas surround her. (Here Siddha Ganapathy is surrounded by the 18 siddhas but the original paitning is with Vishnu Durga) This deity is popular mainly in Tamilnadu. This deity as the name suggests is the combination of the siddhic energies of Vishnu and Durga. When I was studying in Twelfth Standard one Tamil Tantrik introduced me to the concept of Vishnu Durgai. He asked me " Nee Ammave ennanu koopiduve?" I said "Intha Ammayi Paarka neela nila pola irrukaa. Naa Neelammai endru

koopiduven"(He asked " Whatw ill you call this Divine mother?" I replied back"This mother looks like the blue-moon, so I will call her Blue mother") Immidieately he struck my head twice with his palm. He was wearing many rings and so it hurt me but soon, I was stoned! I fell down in a swoon, I started to recite my own siddhar paadal(siddha songs) on this 'Ammai' using the 'neelaammai'. This continued for fifteeen minutes, I did not know what I sang or even the ancient tamil,somehow there was an 'other-part' which was pulling me down and hence, I cried "Please stop this" in between my poetry on her! He laughed and showed me a mudra and the flow stopped, I was glad! It was painful on the brain. I gulped the Nannaari kulirbaanam(a herbal drink popular in Tamilnadu made out of braahmi leaves) he offered. And he said" And you say to me you dont understand Ancient tamil...hahahaha" I just came out dazed after my session of poetry on Neelammai.For a few days, I did not indulge in any great mental activity except eating and sleeping! There is a temple near Madurai dedicated to Vishnudurga. Also tthe ashtadasa bhuja Durga is sometimes called Vishnu durga.There is one Alaya near Salem for this

deity. Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli kankan_73 <kankan_73 wrote: Dear Shreeramji,Please tell me something about Devi Vishnu Durga.Regards,Kannan