IndiaDivine.org

Sarvamangala Rajarajeshwari story Part 7

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shaaktha Nayakas, One's body may be handsome, wife beautiful, fame excellent in many ways, and wealth of the size of mountain Meru; but if one's mind is not attached to the lotus feet of Guru, what thence, what thence, what thence, what thence? -----Guru Ashtakam of Adishankara Om Shree

Rajagopala Anandanathaaya Namaha!! Last posting I had asked some rhetorical questions. This post Iam taking those rhetorics seriously and answering them. (Ramana Maharishi) Many who met Bhagavan Ramana Maharishi of Thiruvannamalai wondered whether Sri Ramana Maharishi was an avatar of Lord Subramanya and some even asked the question directly to Him. (Rajagopala Swami) Likewise, when we approached Sri Rajagopala Swami and asked whether He was an avatar,he denied any such status for Himself vehemently. One of his disciples

went to Bangalore not satisfied and asked his friend who was a very good naadi astrologers(not the fakesters we see these days!) and wanted to have a reading about Swami Rajagopala from Bhrigu Naadi Palm leave manuscripts. Naadi astrology as I had mentioned in several of my postings is based on ancient rishis like Bhrigu, Agasthya, Pulasthya, Shuka,etc writing about people's future in the palm leaves(ofcourse not all are fortunate to have their futures written in the palm leaves). In the leaves there was an utterance by Rajarajeshwari Devi Herself thus: "I keep Subramanya beside me; but this son of mine, I keep in my heart. This man has renounced the world birth after birth engaging in intense tapas for me. Even in this birth he has performed tapas in a cave for four years at a tender age". The astrologer was Rama Sarma in those days and no one told him about Swami doing tapas for four years at a tender age. Infact he did not even know about the swami and had never been to Chennai(Then called Madras).In the 25 names which has been given by Devi of the temple to invoke Her presence there are two names dedicated to my Gurunathar. 1. Om Rajagopala Hridaya Vaasinyai Namaha (Salutations to one who resides in the heart of Sri Rajagopala) 2. Om Rajagopala Varapradayai Namaha (Salutations to one who gave boons to Sri Rajagopala) The 25 names and the archana procedure is there in the files section of our group. The essence of Vedanta may be summed up as follows, in the words of Adishankara :Brahman is truth, the world of name and form is apparent. And the Atman is Brahman. An intelligent and earnest aspirant will be firmly convinced of this essential teaching of Vedanta if He catches the feet of his Master. As the Upanishads declare "Tarati shokam Aatmavit"--The man of Self-realization alone transcends all sorrow. My Gurunatha Shree Rajagopala Anandanathar is my self-relaization and my redeemer of my sorrows. The vedantic way of life demands a simultaneous development of head,heart and hand which comes to one by the grace of God at the end of many many lives, by virtue of one's triumph over attachment and aversion,fear and anxiety,anger and jealousy. It presupposes a life of strict discipline in which the aspirant meticulously follows the teachings of the Guru, who is the embodiment of that teaching, and whom he reveres as he would his Chosen Ideal-God. The worship and service of

the Guru, seeing God in Him, is what was meant by "Tasmai shree Gurumoorthaye Nama Idam Shree Dakshinamurthaye" in Dakshinamurthy Stotram. Such a deep devotion in which Guru and God have fused into one is the sine qua non of religious life. Where does the word religion come? It

comes from the latin root "Relege" which means medicine. So religion acts as a balm to your soul , a medicine to your soul. But the applier of the medicine or the balm is the Guru.Many try to know Guru's action and judge Him without knowing that first they have to accept His balm and get healed to know more about Him. Guru is infinite and to know Him is impossible. However trying is all.In trying to know is the end relished. Many of Swamiji's disciples are still searching for the cave near the Narasimha Hill in Sholingapuram. If they ask Him for the location, he belittles the search and says,"It happened when I was a little boy. I do not remember the place now". But I know this is just a way to escape His disciples from pestering Him. He is called a "Gupta Yogi" in the guru namas which we do. Gupta means secretive. He hides under the facade of anger,curtness,inaccessibility to escape people from pestering Him. The only way one can really approach Him is to go personally and meet Him in the small room in which He stays up staring the wall(doing japa obviously) or talking to the temple paricharikas about some temple work. He was the one who was directed by Rajarajeshwari Devi to move His sarvamangala Ashrama from Downtown to the outskirts of Madras(Nanganallur was a forest area then!) (An example of Yoga Danda and its use in meditation) Did you know that in this temple in Nanganallur(thillai ganga area) not only the vigrahas(idols) and the yantras receive worship but also a yogic meditational stick(yoga danda)? And do you know how the selection of the place took place? If you do not know...please wait for my next posting for that will deal with it. (To be continued...) At His holy feet, Om Guru Mandala Vaasinyai Namonamaha! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.