IndiaDivine.org

Sarvamangala Rajarajeshwari Story Part 9

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Shaaktha Bhakthas, Om Vaagbhavakutasthitha shree Gurubhyon Namaha! I have some more time to spare today so I thought let me proceed with the next

part. I had asked two questions in Part 7, one of which was answered in part 8. Now the second question as to how the temple came to be formed in Nanganallur? Swami who was satisfied worshipping Devi in His small house in Downtown Madras was not left alone. Devi used to come everyday and used to tell Him" I have not broken your penance for you to sit and do homas for me here privately but to build a

temple for the good of all" Swami did not know what to say! He had no money. Even the homas were being done through donations. He had a small dilapitated house shared by his many family members. Already they were inconvinienced by His worship as the Homakunda occupied major space. He just kept quite. Swami has said that the Divine presence of Rajarajeshwari will be in the temple for about 2000 years.He also said that thousands of years ago, the very same spot where the idol lies today was a shrine for the same Empress of a billion universes. But why the hesitation in building the ashrama? To answer this question let me tell you something on His background. He studied BCom those days because they were living in penury and had to eek out an income by working.He was employed in those days in Imperial Bank(Now called State Bank of India) and he was receiving a salary of one thousand rupees those days. It was quite a handful those days and it seemed for a while that his financial troubles had vanished! Leaving such a lucrative position, the very idea of raising

thousands of rupees and building an ashrama and again going into penury did not seem an appealing option. So he started procrastinating for the sake of his old mother, father and brothers whom he had to support though he never married. He went to a few and asked "Divine mother comes to me regularly and wants me to build a temple and ashrama. Can you give me a few hundred rupees?" The people either shooed Him away like a beggar or used to laugh. They said "Well, indeed, for me Lord Shiva comes and He says not to give money to a young chap like you who comes and tells all stories about Divine mother" These barbs used to borne patiently by

Swamiji. A few even proffered advice" Are you mad? Why do you want to quit your lucrative bank job(Bankers are always in a good position in any country any era!)... why dont you work hard and earn money and marry and 'settle' down?" Some challenged Him by saying" Why dont you ask Divine mother Herself to provide you with money...you claim that gems came out of the homakunda.,...why not money to build the ashrama? Is not there enough temples in India to cheat people out of their hardearned money why do you do such sinful things?" So, he resigned to the situation and started procrastination and prayed to Divine mother for guiidance. But Her leelas are apara and beyond the ken of people. It is not that She cannot manifest money and give it to Swami to build a temple. It is that there is a Karmic reason and a seva reason. Swamiji's own karma is to build the temple. That was the reaosn for the birth(karana janma) and God helps people who help themselves and not sit and wait for miracles. Not that anything is inherently wrong in expecting a miracle. Also the karma of the people who offer donations to the temple will be taken care of. These reasons do not reach the senses of the people who belittle Him each time He asks something for the temple. (Imperial Bank in 1922...It was earlier in the same building as Bank of Madras which got merged into Imperial bank which has become State Bank of India of today) Swami worked as an Accountant in the Imperial Bank(then controlled by the Birtishers still a bit) and was in the prapancha maya for a time. But Devi does not leave things just like that. She came to His office! "Didn't I tell you to build a special shrine for me? Why are sitting here still?", She demanded commandingly. Swami simply listened and continued with His work. She came twice like that and the third time whenever he would look at any ledger or document in the office all he could see was blank paper!! That was Devi maya! Now, what could he do? With no other recourse he had to quit His job and when he came home in the

middle of the day(one afternoon) and reported what happened at work to his family member , everyone became furious! "Lazy Rascal! He wants to do as He pleases. Good for nothing! He wants to eat and sleep and be happy at the expense of others! He quits his job on his own and blames God for it" All the fmaily members did not speak to Him for several weeks! But Swami did not stop the Friday and Full moon worship bearing all the taunts and barbs of His family members.(If there were any other soul He would have broken down and sobbed till

eternity). He was treated badly too in the house now tih the lost status of a Banker. But He did not care, He just needed a small space to sleep and some food to keep Him alive for the Divine work. At first He established the Sarvamangala Ashramam in his own residence conducting regular and special worship services as well as initiating several people into the path of Srividya Tantra. Attendance at the worship sessions was increasing. Devotees started pouring in from abroad and adjoining states too,notably from Andhrapradesh,WestBengal,Kerala, Punjab and Kashmir. Irrespective of caste creed and religious affiliations people began to receive mantropadeshams from Him. Even Christians and Musilms started receiving the divine mantras from Him.He drew lot of flak from the brahmins for this and his community of Iyengars sort of looked down upon Him for following shaktham instead of vaishnavam. But one day He said " I need to build a temple shrine elsewhere not here."Immidieately one lady picked up a notebook and made an entry against her name Rs101. Then

Shrimathy Shivashankari entered Rs1000 after that. They were the first big donors. Gradually enough funds were raised by the disciples who chipped in to help the desperate swami(All Amba's kataksha!). Now the place was to be decided. Swami asked Divine mother the place and Nanganallur was mentioned by the asareeri(divine voice). He was asked to go there and that He will be guided. He went with a few disciples to the forest area which is not Thillaiganga Nagara, Nanganallur. It was a pournami and the full moon was smiling down upon them in full grace. Suddenly a ray appeared from the moon and it guided them to the exact spot where the temple stands now. The ray began to form into a rectangular spot glowing indicating that the deity should be placed there and as suddenly as it had appeared, it disappeared. Swamiji marked the spot with a stick but saw in that spot that there were bones lying all over. Animal bones,bird bones and even human bones. Because the village near the place used to perform sacrifices there and used to eat the animals and throw the bones at that place. Swami was flabbergasted! Hoe could He build a sacred temple that too of Srividya construction in the place where unholy objects like human and animal bones lay? I will tell you more this next posting i.e, part 10. Please wait for the Divine story to unfold as it comes to my speeding fingers which has the bhagya to type Her majesty's story and more importantly my Gurnatha's Divine glory. (To be

continued...) Jaya Somaskanda Prabhava Manonmanyai Gurupriyaa! At His Holy Feet, Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates.