IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Shat Aamnaya Guru mandalam(reply to Adhiji)--part 1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sir, Namaskarams. Very happy to receive your scholarly reply. first of all i dont know how to thank you for the pain to took to explain the things which I requested. Thankyou very much for your detailed and immeadiate reply. last week just when i was pondering over the meaning of some mantras in the Navavarana puja i got struck up with this very basic but very important one.Immeadiately i started searching with some of the resources which i had but could not found satisfying explanation. Expecting more of Srimatha's Grace through you regaridng Dhoothikramam. Namaskarams. With Love, AdhiGroup Owner <para_anuloma wrote: Dear Sir, I would like to know the explanation for the 'Guru Mandalam" Srinathadi guruthrayam Ganapathim peetathrayam bhairavam siddhaugam vatukathrayam padayugam doothikramam mandalam veeradhyashta chatushkashashti navakam veeraavali panchakam srimanmaalini mantraraaja sahitam vande guror mandalam" I will be very happy if you

take the trouble to explain this basic doubt of mine. i would like to know does the word guruthrayam means uddishanandanatha, shashteeshananda natha and mitreshanandanatha and peeta thrayam means kaamagiri, purnagiri jalandhara peetams. i would like to know the vatukathrayam, doothikramam, and other terms in the storam. i will be very grateful if you illumine me in this aspect. thankyou namaskaram With love, Adhinarayanan REPLY BELOW from Shreeram Balijepalli: Dear Adhinarayananji, This is a technical question and so I request members who do not understand the answer to please excuse me. It is meant for this member(and other Srividya upasakas) alone. Now this question is regarding the Shataamnaya Guru Mandalam.Iam

sure no other source online can offer assitance to this question and hence Iam posting the reply here for other erudite members too. I normally avoid giving technical answers as it will frighten people away from Srividya tantra(this has been the instruction of my Gurunatha too) but this question has been posed in such a manner that it has to be answered technically. ----- It is just a

description of the Shatamnaya Gurumandalam, Adhinarayananji. The first three -Srinaathaadi,Gurutrayam and Ganapathy-form the first Amnaya. Bhairava, Siddhaugha and the vatukas(in Sanskrit Vatukas means young brahmins)--these form the second Amnaya. 3rd Amnaya=Dhootis(Dhootikramam)=10 Veeras,64 siddhanathas 4rth Amnaya=9 Mudra devis,5 Veeravanis Urdhva Amnaya=Maalinimantra rajam. Now Gurutrayam here means =Swaguru, Paramaguru and Parmesthi Guru and the paduka mantras are meant for manava,siddha and divya aughas here. Ganapathy has found place here to remove obstacles of Gnaana in the worship. Peetha Trayam: 1.Ayieem Kleem Sauhu: Am Aam Sauhu: Kamagiri Peethabrahma Atma Shakthi,(in the centre trikonam Swagrakonam) 2.Ayieem hreem shreem ayieem kleem sauhu: Poornagiri peetha Vishnu Atma shakthi(uttarakonam) 3.Ayiem kleem sauhu:Shreem hreem ayieem Jalandhira Peetharudratmaka shakthi(dakshina konam) Thesee three represent Iccha,Gnaana and kriya shakthis. Now many dont know why these are called "Giris" Giri means mountians in Sanskrit and

these three forces must be like them in a sthira fashion(static like the mountians) Iccha means esoterically the upward longing of the Atma toward the paramam(what the Tamil Siddha Ramalingar called 'Eerpu') and not a simple desire for material things. Gnaana is the knowledge which blossoms out of such a longing and Shakthi is the final culimination into perfection manifested as powers(Atma+Parama=shakthitwam) Kamam=Iccha(Kamagiri peetham) Poornam=Siddha(Gnaanam Poornagiri) Jaalam=back or net(Represents Anusandhanam and Karma) Next in the shloka is Bhairava: 1. Sree Mahamannatha Bhairava 2.kachakra Bhairava 3.Ekaatmaananda Bhairava 4.Ravibhakahana Bhairava 5. Chanda Bhairava 6. Namo Nirmala Bhairava 7.Damara Bhaskara Bhairava 8.Phatkara Bhairava "Bheeshanaath Rakshanaath Vamanaath

Bhairava" Bheeshana=samharam(annihilative aspect) Rakshanath=sthithyam(protective,static aspect) Vamanaath=srishtiyam(creative aspect) These three are thus represented and hence the karanastha of these three primordial aspects is the bhairava tatwa. Siddhaugham comes next, These are nine entitites(siddha devis) in gnaanapaasakala and who protect from any mishappening during the process of worship and aquisition. Now let me tell you about the 8 obstacles and the devi representations-- 1. Mahadurmanaa--A depressed and unenthusiastic mind Devi in Srividya lingo('Durmanaaa' means a bad mind in sanskrit) 2.Sundari---One who is attracted to beauty of any sort (ultimately even getting attracted to beauty is a hindrance to the 'final merger'. I still remember some discussions I had with my Guru in this regard to understand the concept clearly.) 3. Kaapalika---Pertaining to the stomach(hunger)--- Devi representation here is one who holds a skull(resident of the smashana but in srividya esoteric terms meant to prevent the adharamala) 4.Vatavaa--This will make one lose Agni Deha("fire body")(Oli udambu as the Tamil siddhas used to say-- see, here there is a connection with what Tamil siddhas used to say, it is really foolish of Srividya upaskaas to say that Tamil siddha marga is not related to Srividya Tantra as even the Lalitha sahasranama and trishati have been obtained because of the efforts of the Tamil Siddha 'leader' Agasthya Munivar. With half baked knowledge and intellectual arrogance if one says certain things based on a few texts then it is akin to pouring ghee in a homa done! The purpose of Srividya worship will be frustrated!) 5.Bheema--Athibhayam---(extreme fear) 6.Karaali--a skewed mind 7.Karaananam---The onus of supporting neck and face/body 8.Shaalini--sexual enjoyment . These eight are the obstacles to a Gnaanapyaasakala. These are avoided here. Then comes Vatukatrayam: Vatuka means a young brahmin in sanskrit, for that matter even Ganapathy is held to be a Vatuka. Now Vatuka also has the meaning "Brahmachaari"

and if he is not properly installed and propitated then Ashtanga yoga cannot be obtained. Then comes the term "Padayugam" in the shloka: Prakasha Paduka and Vimarsha Paduka(left--vimarsha and right prakasha) is shiva shakthi. It is this holy paduka combo that gives gnaana as per Srividya tantra and nothing else(that is not just by doing mantras from books). Thiruvadigale sharanam! If this Gurusmarana is not there

there is no Srividya Prakasham=sat Vimarsham=chit The combination of the two=Anandam Padukas=Sakala Chaitanyam Padayugam=Nishakala Chaitanyam Then comes Dhootikramam(the ten dhootis), which I will explain in part 2 of this reply. Now, I will rest my speeing fingers here as I have some urgent work to attend. Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru Get on board. You're invited to try the new Mail Beta. India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger Download now

India Answers: Share what you know. Learn something new Click here Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger Download now