IndiaDivine.org

Guruvugaru and myself--A Datta experience email to Venkat& Raghav

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Venkat and Raghav, Happy to hear about your experience in NCC. Raghav sorry to hear about your dental problem. Try the accupressure remedy I suggested. It is very effective. Happy to learn that Venkat's sister Srilatha got married. Sorry that I could not come to Annakapalli. Annatlu Anakapalli ante oka sanghatana gurthukuvasthunnadhi. My father's Guruvugaaru Sri Swaprakashanandaji used to live there.I have even started a group by name Smarthrugami_Dattavibhavam in . Join that for more Datta info. He was my janma kartha.Even today I think of Him daily. He used to weild amazing power from His frail yet mantric body. Below is His photo. (Athivarna Avadhutha Sri Swayamprakashaananda Garu) Dattatreya is considered to be an incarnation of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. Both his father,

Atri, and his mother, Anasuya, were themselves famous sages. Because of his profound wisdom and yogic achievements, Dattatreya is viewed not only as a yogi, but also as an incarnation of God himself. The places where Dattatreya lived and (as people believe) still lives in subtle form are charged with such spiritual energy that even novice seekers who travel there are affected by it. There are several such places in the hills of Nilachala in eastern India and several more in the Himalayas. The most famous site associated with Dattatreya is Girinar in Gujarat on the west coast of the subcontinent. The ashram of Dattatreya's parents, known as Ansuya in Chitrakut, is still nestled in the beautiful Vindhya Range of the central Indian mountains. A steep mountain towers over the back of the ashram, and the serene streams of the Mandakini River issue from a nearby cave. In the air is a pervasive sense of fearlessness and tranquility. The fish leap from the water to take puffed rice from the hands of pilgrims. Monkeys come from the forest, greet visitors, and share their food like old friends. Your intellect may insist that they do it out of habit or to get food. But listen to nature and you will hear a silent voice: "Do not pollute the spirit cultivated by sages with your cold intellectualism Onething though, Guruvugaaru never used to tell about His achievements much though He sounded a bit boastful. He used to always tell"Oh that one. I have done it dont worry" But people used to not believe Him till He proved them wrong. It is said in Sumathi Shatakam(verse

50) Tanayoori Tapasitanamu Tanaputruni Vidyaipempu Tana sathi roopun Tana Perati chettu mandhunu, Manasuna Varnimparetti Manujulu Sumathi! --One should never praise one's austerities done in one's village,one should never praise one's offsrping's studies and other achievements,one should never praise one's spouse's beauty before others and one should never praise one's medicinal plants in one's backyard, else all these will bring trouble. You might be aware of three of such

examples in our own family Balabharathi's praise for her son's achivement led to his laxity and subsequent failures. Peddananna's praise for his wife.....you know what happened, Karnayya's praise for the gomedhika tulasi brought odd visitors at night! So Guruvugaaru used to follow the first advice of Sumathy without even reading the verse which I quoted above. My mother used to always praise Sumathy and Vemana shatakam and made me read it as a child, so many verses were

imprinted in my mind.So, this thing came about our Guruvugaaru. Dont mind his abuses, the more the better your karmic wipeout! I know Raghav is quivers like an aspen leaf hearing his name. I know what happened when he went there the last time. But I do miss his abuses! I have learnt a lot about Datta-marga from Him. He used to say

"Orray Dattu! Nuvvu anukunatlu idhi anthaa sulabhaina maargamu kaadhu. Dattudu ninnu baaga pareekshisthaadu raa" (Dattu(my pet name) It is not as easy as you think..this Datta-path) I then asked Him"Naaku Dattudini choodalani undhi guruvugaaru!" (I want to see Dattatreya Himself) He then said "Nannu choosaavu kadhaa inka Dattudini choosinatle'" (You see me and this is equivalent to seeing Lord Dattatreya) I then (I was in my school then) made a scowl in my face and said" Meeru eppudu ilaage antaaru. Naaku aaaphotolo unna Dattatreyudu unnatlu choodaali. Moodu thalalu naalugu kukkalu aaru chethuluuuu "...and i began to sob a bit(feigning) (I want to see Lord Dattatreya with three heads,six hands,four dogs like in that photo) He said" Nuvvu veshaalu baaga vesthunnavu. Veshaalu vesthe Dattudu ninnu champuthaadu suma!"(You are acting very well. If you act like this Datta will kill you, beware!) I then said " Meerrruuu..."(You....). I was

about to say something He then cut me short and said" aheehhh..nuvvu velli aaduko baitaa"(Oh damn it just go outside and play) I went out but always used to see Him strangely. In the night he used to ask me and my father who used to slep in His room to go out so that He can talk to some spirits,devatas,siddhas,etc I asked one of the inmates in His place" what does he do?" They said innocently maybe talk with Lord Datta! I was bitten with curiosity and then hid under a charpoy and waited for Him to close the door. Once the doors were closed. He simply sat down in Padmasana and then then blurted out with closed eyes some mantras then suddenly said "Orray Dattu malli veshaalu vesthunnavu sumaa!" I thought He was talking with Lord Dattatreya and for His temper He might speak to Lord Dattatreya also like that! But He was referring to me. I was surprised. I thought he did not know me hiding there. Then, he suddenly said"come here and sit" ....... "Just watch" ....... After sometime a small light started coming and a female figure appeared and then dissappeared. I could not make head or tail of it Guruvugaaru was in padmaasana with closed eyes. After something something like lighning hit me and I fell down. ------- Next day morning I was beside my father who was hearing something Guruvugaaru was saying. He was saying to my father "Edho choosi bayapaddadu. lesthaadu le" He saw something and became afraid of it. He will get up dont worry I then saw him He saw me and said winking "Elaa undhi dattudi darshanam" ------------ After that I never asked for Datta darshanam! So Raghav first deserve before you demand.I will pass on the Chegodelu and Arisalu to Supriya Attha dont worry. Yours affectionately, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Mail Beta.