IndiaDivine.org

Vigraha size

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Guru Masilamani Avargale,

I had given in my earlier postings that vigraha size should be either angula pramanam if in house and hastha-pramanam if in temples. But these days we see mega-statues of all gods and goddesses even in homes. The devic energy inside the idol will

require a regular offering of Abhishekam, Archana and Naivedya. But if your bhakthi is very intense(you should give up your life for the idol/devi) then you need not bother about rituals.But this happens very rarely. Bhaktha Meera never bothered about these rituals much because she never looked at Her Krishna idol as seperate from Her consiousness. God dwells in such intense Bhakthi and will gladly dwell in such an idol, than an idol which is done the pranaprathishthapana with much fan-fare. Narada in His bhakthi sutras says Anirvachaneeyam

prema swaroopam-- This extreme love of “devotion” is indefinable. He also goes on to say: Mooka swadanavath It is (extreme love) like a dumb one tasting , for he does not tell what he feels. But for sadharana manavas, our worship pattern if good will make us divine and the energy which the idols emnate will impinge our consiousness and purify us. Mantras, abhishekas and naivedya form the etheric traingle which completes the divine-puja. Mantras feed the mantra-roopa of the deity, Abhisheka the adhidevika sthoola rupa of the deity and Naivedyas feed the adhibhoutika sookshma shareera of the deity. Many times from my personal experience, I have noticed a hand from the idol literally take the naivedya I keep(etheric hand) So, if you are doing good sadhana,puja, abhisheka, naivedya and archana to the idols and also follow all niyamas(restraints) and take care of the idols like your babies, then there is nothing to worry. Rules and rituals were made for man not the reverse.(Sabbath was made for man not Man for sabbath). So rest your fears on this at the saffron lotus feet of Amba Rajarajeshwari devi. Sarve' tatra gacchanthi! Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Check out the all-new Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.