IndiaDivine.org

Story and significance(an email discussion with a friend)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Agnimitraji, Your query is unique and hence I found it interesting out what I know. You have asked the significance of the blog you read on the Native story -------- A man had a daughter who possessed a wonderful bow and arrow, with which she was able to bring down everything she wanted. But she was lazy and was constantly sleeping. At this her father was angry and said: "Do not be always sleeping, but take thy bow and shoot at the navel of the ocean, so that we may get fire." The navel of the ocean was a vast whirlpool in which sticks for making fire by friction were drifting about. At that time men were still without fire. Now the maiden seized her bow, shot into the navel of the ocean, and the

material for fire-rubbing sprang ashore. Then the old man was glad. He kindled a large fire; and as he wanted to keep it to himself, he built a house with a door which snapped up and down like jaws and killed everybody that wanted to get in. But the people knew that he was in possession of the fire, and the stag determined to steal it for them. He took resinous wood, split it and stuck the splinters in his hair. Then he lashed two boats together, covered them with planks, danced and sang on them, and so he came to the old man's house. He sang: "O, I go and will fetch the fire." The old man's daughter heard him singing, and said to her father: "O, let the stranger come into the house; he sings and dances so beautifully." The stag landed and drew near the door, singing and dancing, and at the same time sprang to the door and made as if he wanted to enter the house. Then the door snapped to, without however touching him. But while it was

again opening, he sprang quickly into the house. Here he seated himself at the fire, as if he wanted to dry himself, and continued singing. At the same time he let his head bend forward over the fire, so that he became quite sooty, and at last the splinters in his hair took fire. Then he sprang out, ran off and brought the fire to the people. ------------------------------- Your view of the Taittriya Brahman is good but it is not the explantion it just a surmise made by Agnikula in his blog. The whole story is rich in imagery and has a mystical and symbolic reference to Kundalini. As I was saying that other day even Reiki main story of Usiui is wrong. As the University records do not have his name in the roster. Now this story has a Kundalini tatwa to it. The man had a daughter. As per the conversation of Lord Dattatreya and Parasurama Rishi, Kundalini is considered to be a sadhaka's daughter as per Vennaitha-sampradaya. There is the whirl-pool with the fire sticks. There is the stag the stealer of fire for men, like bhR^igu brought fire for the Aryas. But what about the doors? Divine doors are mentioned in the great rite every true Arya does-- the daivi dvArA of AprI rite. But these dangerous crashing doors do appear in hidden way in the veda, finally providing the clue for what they are:The taittirIya brAhmaNa provide the brahmavAda for the DivAkruta chant, which is central to the sacrifice performed on the viShuvAn day-viShUvAn divAkIrtyam | yathA shAlAyai pakShasI | evaGM saMvatsarasya pakShasI | yad ete na gR^iheran | viShUcI saMvatsarasya pakShasI vyavasraGMseyAtAm | Artim ArCheyuH | yad ete gR^ihyante | yathA shAlAyai pakShasI madhyamaM vaGMsham

abhi samAyachChati || evaGM saMvatsarasya pakShasI divAkIrtyam abhi saMtanvanti | nArtim ArChanti | There is deeper Tantric significance revealed to me yesterday by my Gurunatha in the form of Adhiyaman. I will reveal it later over phone but the crux is to be viewed with just the mergence of Kshudra Tandava of a Tamasic-shiva to the Rudra-Tandava of Satva-sadAshiva inherent ina a sadhaka. The jaws have been described as the years which close and open according to the rotation of the earth but what to say of Brahmarandhra?, Agnimtraji? Also, do not be of the opinion that Lord Dattatreya is against Tantra. It is the most foolish statement any sadhaka can make(please excuse my harshness of the tone, I mean it objectively here). Lord Dattareya is considered one of the six great Srividya Tantreeka Upasakas. Also the word "Tantra-Cchindhi" has a different meaning and contextual reference. Do not compare elephants and donkeys,sire. To make fun of or deride any of the Tantras is trying to poke the eyes of my Divine mother sir.Please poke mine instead. Agnikula Prasoothyai Namaha! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.