IndiaDivine.org

Parasurama, Dattatreya and Avatarashadbala Tantra(an email to one spiritual lady)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Madhumalini Amma, The last email we shared was on account of the pantheistic study of Parasurama you did but this has a different connotation. Sorry, I had a Statistics exam last week and could not reply back soon. I have another midterm too this week but because of the bad weather

here in Newyork, Iam caughtup in home and your query came to my mind in my afternoon seista. The one great hero of our clan, the omnipresent and poly-faceted symbol of brahmin-hood lives a strange life in the Hindu mythosphere. RAmo-bhargava has become an avatAra puruSha of nArAyaNa but hardly enjoys the status of devakI-putra or his name sake of the ikShvAku

clan. If one thinks over carefully, there are no major mantra-s devoted to him, and even in the mahAbhArata where he makes a prominent appearance, only next to the main protagonist avatAra-s, the devakI-putra and

baladeva, he is only once called an avatAra. Yet, starting from the mahAbhArata he has an increasingly prominent place in the Hindu mythosphere of the paurANic realm appearing all over over the place in addition to his main encounter with the haihaya king kArtavIryArjuna and his Lord Dattatreya and Atri-Maharishi.. He is seen roguishly barging into shiva' s abode and enters into a fight with vinAyaka where he is said to break his tusk according to one pauranica adhyaya(ofcourse, I know that Ganesha is said to lose his tusk in a fight with one asura--This is the version of Ganapathyeyaas) In my parivrajaka days, I had the opportunity to peruse and even do a vidya by name Aasuri Vidya. Though the appelation seems to connote something negative or asuric, it is a misnomer and has a profound-other aspect to it. I first came across this personality called Parasuraama. The fierce

bhArgava also fought kumAra several times and is soundly beaten by the god. He is said to have received a mace from kumAra that he wielded with great ability in his many battles. He is seen transmitting shrIvidyA in the form of the kaula kalpa-sUtras from dattAtreya to sumedhas.I did a some research on who this Sumedhas was and why He was chosen by Parasuram to tranmit the Srividhyaic and adhideivic knowledge to Him and had got some leads into it. Being here in Newyork incapacitates me from visiting Thanjavur Saraswathy Oriental library where I used to spend hours even standing and reading the snaskrit texts(because it was chained and glasscased to a high book stand.Moreover my MBA program proves to be quite time-consuming. Elsewhere, he is shown teaching kalki the ways of war for the final destruction of the mlechCha-s and dasyu-s who are overruning bhAratavarSha.Now, you may ask if Kalki is not born then how can Bhargava tecah him the war-nuances?? This has connexion to the email I sent before on the formation of an Avatara and that though the Avatara is in formation the Medhas-component dealt with in my september email to you can be moulded by the precursor-shakthis.More on this

later. Bhargava is also credited to creating Kerala. As I revealed to Gandikota Vasudeva Moorthy, I had a vision of this angry-avatara still roaming in the forests of Pamba in Kerala(possibily moulding Kalki!). I perferred not to disturb his meditation as I value my head and would not like it to be giuillotined with His axe!(juskidding!) Despite his vast popularity he does not receive the devotions like those rAmachandra and kR^iShNa, nor his story widely followed like the rAmAyaNa or the harivaMsha. Nevertheless, there are a series of circum-paurANic texts that go under the title parashurAmAyaNa that provide a description of his exploits in epic proportions. Most of them are hardly known to the modern Hindu and the accounts are

zealously held by the knowledgeable bhArgava families. The bhR^iguvaMsha, the bhArgava-rAma itihAsaM and bhArgava-rAmAyaNa are the main volume preserved by the bhArgava-s whose incomplete and crumbling manuscripts were written in an old Telugu script and hence I was unable to handle successfully with my poor epigraphic skills. However, the preservation of major portions of the bhArgava lore was effected by an obscure scholarly Maratha chieftain sAbAjI pratap between the 1500-1600 CE who ruled a jAgIr in the regions south of Ahmednagar. sAbAji collected the above texts and some others like the agastya

mAhAtmyaM, dattAtreya purANa (about which I had given some emails before), kArtavIryArjunIyaM and the closely related parashurAmAyaNa. He compiled from these a trilogy titled: parashurAma-pratApa, bhArgavArchana-dIpikA and bhR^igu-vaMsha-mahAkAvya rendering in classical poetic form the prose of the older bhR^iguvaMsha. I came across divergent versions of the tale of our ancestress reNukA. I narrated the version of her death due to the sons of the haihaya earlier in one earlier email. This is followed by the dattAtreya purANa and bhR^igu-vaMsha (and its mahAkAvya). The bhArgavArchana-dIpikA mentions another peculiar tale: jamadagnI was killed by tAlaja~ngha and others while he was performing japa. reNuka readies to cremate him, and moved by the pangs

of separation herself jumps into the funeral pyre. At this point indra rescues her from the flames and finds that her body is full of blisters. He sends a cooling shower on her and then appoints her as the deity of viral skin infections, commonly called shItalA. When I was young I read the remarkable tale of shAndimat from the bhR^iguvaMsha: rAmo-bhArgava had a spectacular golden gem-studded crown given by indra that he wore when campaigning against the 21 generations of kShatriya-s. After the blood bath was over and he had performed the yaj~na to indra, he decided to place the glorious crown in a secret island as wealth for the bhR^igu-s. It is said for this purpose he chose the island of shAndimat that was surrounded by "sea

monsters", whales and sharks and inhabited by diverse sharabha-s and bheruNDa-s. It was there that he built a fort in the middle of the sea and deposited his crown amongst precious shells and pearls. One of my Pravara rishi is Yavanaashwa and the ancient clansman used to repeat his visions in my meditative sessions and maybe I went to the Sharabha-Bherunda dweepa to reclaim my ancient heritage. I storngly suspect that there is a place in Srisailam which connects the southindian triangle(trikonamadhya nilayaayai??) to an etheric plane where the Rishis have elevated themselves.Thst is why I long to go back to India after my MBA is over here.(provided Iam graced with a fruitful job there). If anyone can join hands with me for business in Bhagyanagaram, I can start my spiritual and material endevours right away. More interactions can be had with siddhas there.Not that they cannot come here.But mleccha-pravrutthi puts them away! There is an inscription of a choLa king, where he claims to have recovered the crown of the bhArgava.This is also not impossible.I mentioned to you how we found a live-siddha when we dug a pit near Manali near chennai. The above experiences being non-srividya related, Iam revealing it to you.Got to do some reading for my Accounting midterm--back to the dreary world of income measurement and GAAP rules! Thanks for giving me the necessary break!

Om NeelacHikuraayai Namaha! Om Vipareethakarani-dwamsinYai Namaha! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels in 45,000 destinations on Travel to find your fit.