IndiaDivine.org

Datta Naamam Bhaje

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Jignesh Prasadji, You were asking me if Prayaschitta karma will remove the karma and its effect and whether Dattatreya mantra will perform that. My answer to this query is: YES But you have to note certain thing here... Prayaschitham takes away the feeling of guilt, however it would not obliterate the karmic effect the original karma had created. A

person who has done prayaschitha-karma would be able to bravely face the conseqeunce of his action and he wouldn't have grave mental pain that it would otherwise cause.However, where the Guru teaches a certain procedure for removal of karma and if one perfoms that to the dot then the karma is completely removed---the cause,the effect, the record and the vasana--everything. Bhagavan Ramana Bhagavan Ramana advised a person to give Him all his papas and punyas and start all over. To another Ramana said that knowing that all that happens is by God would remove the remorse and so on. To quote a story from Sri Guru Charitra Once a Brahmin `Narhari' by name came to Shri Guru at Ganagapur and bowing to him said, `My life is futile. I studied Yajurveda, but as I am suffering from leprosy. All people despise me and do not invite for Karma. I have visited several holy places but the disease is there, kindly bless me.' Shri Guru gave him a dry log of Audumbar and said, `Go to the Sangam and plant it on the bank of Bhima in the east. After bath, worship Ashwattha at the Sangam. Again bathe and give water to this log thrice a day. When it sprouts green foliage, your sins will be wiped off and

you will be free from leprosy. As instructed by Shri Guru, Narhari planted the log on the bank of Bhima and began to water it thrice. Some persons said to him, `Are you mad ? How can a dry log bear green foliage ? Still Narhari continued his watering of the log devotedly. He also observed fast for 7 days. Shri Guru went to the Sangam to see the leper Brahmin. He was pleased to see his devotion. The Brahmin was giving water to the log. Shri Guru sprinkled the holy water of his bowl on the log and instantly green foliage sprouted on the log. The leprosy of the Brahmin disappeared and his body became healthy and bright. Narhari bowed to Shri Guru and began to pray Him. He composed 8 shlokas which are being chanted at Ganagapur in the night, after Aarati daily, till

now. Shri Guru placed his hand on the head of Narhari and blessed him. He returned to the Math with Narhari. All persons wondered to see this miracle. Many did Samaradhna. Shri Guru named Narhari as 'Yogeshwar' and asked him to come with his family and live with him. Shri Guru gave him "Vidya Saraswati" mantra also. The simple guide to our own conduct is knowing who we are and performing what is our Dharma. This is thought to be difficult but the fact is quite the contrary BhAgavatam talks about prayaScittam like this... "it removes the symptom but not the root cause - which is

the vAsana." So, it is like 'kunjara Soucavat'.... Giving bath to an elephant.. This SriSukar mentions soon after talking abuot Naraka varNana. When Parikshit Maharaj asked for a solution SriSukabrahmam continues with ajAmiLopAkhyAnam.... NAmasankIrttanam which burns the vAsana itself. sAnketyam pArihAsyam vA stobham helanam eva vA vaikuNTha nAma grahaNam aSesha aghaharam vidu: (aghaharam = remover of sins, aSesha = completely (from the root), vidu: = know) Parikshit himself did a big sin of insulting a Sadhu (putting a dead snake on Rushi SamIka's neck). He could have gone for a prAyaScittam but, he chose to face the consequences and look for his moksham and Sri Sukabrahmam appeared there with bhAgavata amRutam. As per SriSukavaagamRutam, once the aghams (sins) are burned with nAmasankIrttanam, kathASravanam etc... citta kaNNADiyil kANAm sattAm cidrUpam adbhutam... We can see the paramAnandarUpam in our cittam itself. This being a reflection, every object in the universe is CidrUpam. Parikshit with SHuka MaHariShi. In this if you notice Sri Jignesh Prasadji, Nama sankeerthanam has been given to remedy the problem of bad vasana. So first the steps are thus: 1. Seek a good Dattareya Upasaka as your Guru. 2. Do the Prayaschitta karma with Paschhathappam(sense of remorse, whichj in itself is a great cleanser and a prayaschitta-spanda) 3. Do the Namasankeerthana of Dattatreya Nama and practice the Dattatreya mantra which your Guru has given. Anushthub Mantra of Dattatreya which goes like this: Dattatreya Hare Krishna Unmattaananda DayakaDigambara Mune' Balapisaacha Gnaana Sagara! -You might chant the above anushthub mantra as a Nama sankeerthana or a simple chant of Datta Datta Datta. 4. Finally alwyas remain in sat-saanghatyam(good divine company and friends) to not repeat the same mistakes. This is the Bhava-taraka for your Naukam. Yours in Datta Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.Try the Mail Beta.