IndiaDivine.org

Sankalpa Suktham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members, Sree Lankarao Garu has given a beautiful exposotion on the Shiva sankalpa suktham. Let me dare to give this additional information for interested people on this Suktham.This "mantra" is from Shukla Yajur Vedam--Vajasaneyee Samhitham(34.1-6) This picture is of Yajnavalkya the scribe of Shukla Yajur Veda. This is called Sankalpa Sooktham.Om Yajjagratho'.....Shivasankalpamasthu!is the first verse and the meaning when grossly interpreted is:Self-awareness goes hand in hand with sankalpa shuddhi and thissooktham is for that.This sooktham is auto-suggestive and the first verse which you saidmeans:The soul which bears self-awareness and goes out thus into themindful state goes into the sleep state too in with the selfsameAwareness.To touch faraway distances,and being the sound of all sounds and theone of all this, Atman let it give a "Shaiva" or "shiva"(here it doesnot mean

the Lord Shiva stationed in Kailasha but the pure tatwa) tomy sankalpa or divine intent. In a way this is the divine intent and an autosuggestion given to theHigher presence in one's self by the way of this Sankalpa sooktha.I just wanted to add the autosuggestive aspect of this suktham. This suktham when done in swaraanuswara or with suswaraandhra prayogam will yield to fantastic results when chanted with Shraddha and utmost expectation of a quantum jump in the Avastha-Trayam,Turiyam and Turiyaateetam. Here as per Adi-paradevata-Tantra nirupanam which I had the good fortune to study under a great yet secrtive personage, He used to say that Turiyaateetam exists above the head at an angula-pramanaika distance. He used to smile when I used to eye Him suspciously and once He hit my head with a Dharbha He had in his hand and I could see a faint glow of fire exactly atop His head and in a flabbergasted state, I asked Him" Sire, your power is so great"(He was an aged Tamil Brahmin--our conversation was thus in Tamil" Ayya, Tangal shakthi abaaramaanadu!") He just waved it away uncerimoniously as if it meant nothing to Him and said, "I just wanted to show you

the location my dear doubting thomas"(He used the words "Doubting thomas"-to my consternation as I had no idea, he had any chrisitian knowledge!). Then, he expounded a bit on some other aspects and then braoched upon this Sankalpa Suktham and the greatness of sadashivatwam, shiva turiyaadwaitham. Shiva sankalpam is the original or the primordial intent which gave rise to the spark of Atman and with the suktha-vibes we, raise this latent primordial memory out. (To put it in His words--"Shiva sankalpam enbathu aadi-eerpu vadivamaana athma jyothi yin vadivam, inda sooktham solvadhaal ul-eerpai vellipaduthhuvadhu nadakkum"). Sankalpa with a mantraic intent has a secondary and also a tertiary menaing with the former meaning a dissolution(samhaaram) The trikutika of the panchadasi has the hreem veeja the kutarajam as the turiyam and the naadaatha will lead to the jyothi-iyykyam. The details have been givne by Sri Lanka Rao(regarding Indrayoni,etc) Tanme' Manah Shivasankalpamasthu'!Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Any questions? Get answers on any topic at Answers. Try it now.