IndiaDivine.org

Ajapa query

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear S ji,

I too am a Telugu Brahmin who used to reside in Chennai, now in Newyork,USA

Iam glad to know you are my Gurubhratha.

--------------------------

The words of one's Guru is Vedavaakku...Even if Shankaracharya of Kanchi says something one should just listen to it patiently and appreciate the beauty but alwways follow one's preceptor's advices...

Anyways I will answer your query presently......

Your query No.1. I am doing my Japa without any Nyasa. Do I need to atleast dosome Basic Nyasas.

There is no harm in doing Kara and Anga Nyaasas. For other nyaasas one should get initiation and hence Swamy said "no need for that". He prefers simplicity.

Your query No.2. I sometimes feel like doing internal Japa at office. Can I doJapa at that time ?. Coz at office we wear shoes and visit toiletsand ofcourse you can imagine that not much of cleanliness is there.

I do panchadasi while even going for toilet.But I make it a point to do it first sitting before my pujaroom and doing meditation.

Japa is something internal and something which is pure. If toilets and shoes which are externalities affect you then there is no point in doing ajapa-japa which is purely internal. Toilets and shoes cannot enter your heart or mind if you have control.

Continue for Amba is in everything....pure and dirty things....she is omnipresent...and omniscient....

Your query No.3. Sometimes I feel like doing Japa before going to bed. Can I doJapa at that time ?.

Who prevents you from that?..Infact there is no better way for a youngman to go to sleep than chanting the mantra of Amba than the name of a Film actress(unless ofcourse it is Amba's name!! Haha1)

Yours yogically...

Shreeram Balijepalli