IndiaDivine.org

Saraswathy Mahatmyam-Part-2

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear All and Sanketh, This is the next part of the Saraswathy Mahatmyam.I was busy last week so could not post.Sorry. I had mentioned about the power of Brahmi herb. Brahmi is also know as bacopa

monniera; also known as bacopa. Brahmi or Bacopa, is a succulent creeper found throughout India. It is the foremost brain tonic herb of the Ayurvedic healing system used primarily as a nerve tonic, to treat insomnia and nervous tension. Some external references for you. I have referenced it. Hereafter Iam planning to reference every single source I quot ein my postings for readers to further research.Though it will substantially reduce my numbe rof postings, it will help readers to research further.

External references: "Brahmi contains saponins which have been shown to strengthen the nervous system, and decrease insomnia. Brahmi also has marked hypotensive and diuretic properties and is known as an effective "brain food" as it nourishes the brain and improves intelligence and memory." --says,Alternative Health supplies,Australian Board. "Naturally, a herb with such potential has attracted a lot of interest. Numerous scientific studies conducted by the Central Drug Institute of India CDRI (equivalent to the CSIRO in Australia) have shown Brahmi to improve learning ability retention and enhance

results. Results of these studies were presented to the world community at the International Brain Research conferences during 1986-1996. One study for example found that the subjects taking Brahmi took 6 days to learn a specific task whilst the control group (who did not take Brahmi) took a full 10 days to learn the same task. Extensive clinical trials have so far demonstrated no adverse side effects. Other studies have confirmed that Brahmi has a calming effect for stress and has become the herb of choice for attention deficit disorder A.D.D. in hyperactive children. The calming effect does not interfere with normal physical activities. The active constituents in Brahmi are the all important steroidal saponins known as Bacoside A and B. Therefore, whilst benefits of this herb on learning and mental performance are of prime importance, Brahmi may also help

to relieve the stress of a learning or study environment. For best results - Adults take 3g (3000mg) once or twice daily continuously and you can expect to see improvements within 4 weeks."--Kate Fraser's best selling book "Positive Health with Herbs'. It is traditionally used as an Ayurvedic rejuvenative or rasayana which helps to decrease the signs of aging, particularly in the mind as it increases mental clarity and brain functioning.Brahmi is especially suitable for students as it enhances the minds ability to learn and to focus. It has an interesting ability to be able to calm the mind while at

the same time to invigorate the thinking capacity in a centered, peaceful way. Brahmi may be useful for people who want to improve mental function and concentration particularly under pressure or in stressful conditions. Brahmi has become especially popular with students and others who need to maintain performance at work or home and has also been recommended for people from middle age on who find their memory is not always as sharp as they would like it to be. (Interested people can read a review by a consumer of this product here :http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Ramtirth_Brahmi_Oil-62051-1.html However, I would like to emphasise here that Iam not a sales representative nor do I have any agreement with the company to advertise their product in my

forum!!) I personally use Brahmi oil(Ramteerth Brand) and have found it to be relaxing for my brain.I mix it with Nellikkai Thailam(Amla Oil) to induce some cooling of my overworked brain. I find that it helped me a lot and is continuing to help me a lot in my MBA studies here in USA. I still remember my mother's words "Edhi chesinaa cheyyi gaani roju thalaki noona raasuko, vaaraaniki okapoota thalasnaanam cheyyi mariyu neeku veelunte yogasanamulu cheyyi"(Do whatever you want but daily apply oil on your head, take oil bath once a week and do yogasanas if you can.).I follow her advice even here in Newyork."(Amma

maatani kadhu anagalanaa?- Can I say no to mothers words?). One who wants to get rid of Mandha-buddhi(slowness of brain to translate literally) and jadatwam(idiotic nature of the brain) and wants to gain some brilliance in his brain(I will not use the words enlightenment as some authors do) one should perform a Saraswathy Homam and offer Ahuthi. What are the samithhas for that?(That is the sacrificial wood/tinder) Nenu neeku telugu names isthaanu, Godavary region kaabatti neeku idhi easy gaa dorukuthaayi.(I will give you Telugu names because you come from Godavary region). Some people out of jealousy for gadavary region say "Vaalla chettulu uthha neelu budagalenayya."(Their trees are filled with water bubbles)but I would say, that water is fertile and divine and also the trees which grow there are well nourished by the alluvial soil. So it would be eays to procure these. (Basara Saraswathy-Peetham) (Basara Saraswathy Temple near Hyderabad) You may also try Basara Saraswathy region(I will add some information about this deity in later postings) for the following Homa-offerings. --The branches of Gangaraavi tree --The stems of Ponnaganti --Pillipisara Tree --Manjistha tree --Orange(Narangi) tree branches --Devadaaru tree(this one is

used to make Gurupadukas) --Chandana tree(sandalwood) --Errachandanamu(Red sandalwood tree) --Jaajiphalam(Nutmeg fruits) --Lavangam(cloves) --Guggilam --Nelavemu --Tippateegalu(You will get this aplenty in Andhra) --Ashwagandha(This is called "Indian Ginseng") --Braahmi tree branches, and leaves Bring these 15 herbs and tree branches and mix in equal quantitites and then do the Homa with the Gayathri mantra which I gave last posting with accompanying Homachara rituals. Om Saraswathyai vidmahe' Brahmapatnyai cha dheemahi Tanno Buddhidevi prachodayaaath! If the desire is not just to improve the radiance of the brain but also to maintain purity and to go in sanmargam(right way) then one

should offer milk and ghee as ahuthis in the homaaagni. One who does japa of saraswathy mantra and collects these herbs and Braahmi with due reverence to herb collective consiousness(that is not callously plucking the herbs and doing homacharam--this will yiled no results. Even the Brahmi oil which I use, I do pooja to remove the doshas of the manufacturing process) and drinks Brahmi rasam along with doing Homa atelast once a month(while drinking the braahmi rasa everyday and performing mantra japa everyday), will obtain the Grace of Saraswathy Devi who will start observing him with more care from Her spiritual

plane(Brahma mandalam).And if this practice os done with greatest sincerity for 7 years and leading a pure life, Saraswathy Matha will give Her darshan to the devotee and guide him/her in aadhyamikam also(spirituality). All this is said in Saraswathy Bhaulam and I know one Saraswathy upasaka in Andhra who did get a saakshaatkaram of the deity.All these posting are a "cut-paste-copy" of the conversations I had with him.Recently I also remember seeing in some Telugu magazine some of the things which he had said. One who wants to increase medhashakthi can chant the saraswathy veda mantra ..."prano devi saraswathy..." and finish off with medha suktham and saraswathy sooktham(which can be done in a matter of minutes if one puts some effort to memorize

it). This is the maintenance aspect of the brain. Braahmi is of three kinds-- 1. White flowered kind--Satwa guna 2. Red flowered kind--Rajo guna 3. Blue flowered kind--Tamo guna. One can even rear the plant in one's backyard or a small flowerpot in home. There is no harm and even vaasthushaastra approves of it. One can worship Braahmi tree/plant in Magha shukla pakshami-trayodashi day. One can alternatively choose any day in a week and perform a small ritual to the brahmi tree which I will mention next posting. I initially said I will limit to three postings but I might break that limitation and extend the number of postings for your sake. Please pay my respects to your mother and Chanti ni adigenani cheppu. Sree Gnanaprasunaambikaarpanamasthu! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli P.S. I have added Gnanaprasunambika Shatakamu in Telugu script for those inteerested in our files section.

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's economy) at Games.