IndiaDivine.org

Answer,Dheesara and some cranberry juice-Burp!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Member,

First, ask questions which arise in you, even if they are stupid. By asking one stupid question and getting an answer to that, you no longer remain stupid in that area.

Second, the person who has asked the question seems to have copied even the question from some text and asking it as if he is a spiritually inquisitive person. Even otherwise, I can sense a smack of spiritual arrogance in his question.

Third, Good questions yield, good answers. I dont run groups, to please anyone or to invite anyone to my groups nor run a Gurukula here with me as a Guru. It is done just to share what I know and more importantly feel. It is a typographical tablet for the expression of my inner-athmic thoughts.

Fourth be honest with yourself.Was it a question which emnated from your heart? No, in all probability. It just felt pleasing to your mind when you read the words "Vedantha Gyaani","Bhaktha", Brahma Gyaani".

Fifth, let me now answer, what the person has asked...Thread bare...Again my tone might be argumentative but please look at it from an analytical angle. Forget for a monet the name of that person and consider that X has asked this question from his/her heart, let me now answer it.In these answers, i fidn solace to my heart and in these answers, I learn myself.Why do I teach?, To learn. Why do I learn? To teach--Conundrum, eh?

I was wondering why realized people such as Shankaracharya and Totapuri did not believe in the Divine Shakti...

What would Acharya Dheesara would have answered for this? Let us do a Buddha-exercise on this...(Buddha once said, in reply to Ananda's query where Buddha's disciple's go if Buddha were not there and who will answer their questions till their enlightenment," Imagine yourself for a few seconds what Buddha would have answered in that situation, Keep practicing this, for this will be in resonance with the dharma and slowly, your questions will dissolve and you will become Buddha yourself and will brim with answers"....

So, let me creatively step into Acharya Dheesara's shoes(or shall I say Padukas?) and answer rather than as a convoluted Shreeram Balijepalli, trying to answer fast(Shreeram Balijepalli has some indigestion due to drinking some cranberry juice this night, huh?...jusskidding!)

Acharya Dheesara:

To set some records straight, many people dont understand the term "Realized".What does it mean? Was Shankaracharya Realized? Was Totapuri completely realized? Who defines and gives certificates that they were realized?

Shankarachray in a debate with Madana Mishra.

What makes you say Shankaracharya did not believe in Divine Shakthi despite the fact that He wrote commentaries on Lalitha Sahasranama and a portion of even the famous Saundarya Lahiri?

Totapuri

What makes you think that Totapuri, a Kevala Advatin, who finally conceded the power of Mahamaya and who was a Dashnami Parivrajaka, did not believe in Divine Shakthi?

For a moment, let us assume they are completely realized when they were in their mortal frames and that they did not believe in Divine Shakthi.

What makes you feel that every should "believe" in Divine Shakthi, rather than just accept it? When the wind touches your face it exists, when it doesn't it doesn't. Will you then go to a person and say, do you believe in wind? Isn't wind an existential thing? Isn't Divine Shakthi by a similarly justified extension(not all extensions are supra-logically justified) an existential parameter?

First,please answer these questions and then I will make you think, my friend even further before "answering" your questions(I never will answer your questions! Ha!)

When one is realized> and knows Truth, is it not one Truth?

Acharya Dheesara:

How do you know that a person is realized and how do you know what truth is? Truth means to me not speaking a lie. It is a noun. You can a verb with lie. "Iam lying" you may say, but will you say "Iam truthing". It looks funny. So, we might get here to something, a realized man/woman tries to make a noun a verb. Ah! now Dheesara(and Shreeram suffering from some indigestion is seeing something).So, the realized person is in an action verb(Paramita Ma please excuse me, my english is poor! haha! Iam afterall Dheesara a small yogi in wearing nothing sitting in the hot sun in india).

Is it not one truth you then ask....How do you know that? Have you experienced it? So for you truth is just one. Good, you speak like a good "vedatin" who has read a few books.(Did you know Totapuri used to carry always scriptures with him wherever he went and yet Ramakrishna Paramahamsa learnt from Him and finally showed him the futility of books and the ultimate power of Mahamaya?)

What do you mean by the second line? Does it support your first line where you say soemthing for and against the two esteemed yogis? Do you mean to say that Divine Shakthi too is a path and why they hate it(as your innuendo suggests?).

Have you not heard of transcendence from form to formless? Do you think Totapuri was born a karana-janma in Punjab(His original name was Ishwar Totapuri and Ramakrishna Paramahamsa used to call Him Nangta Baba) who was born with an immaculate concept of formless directly and that He never accepted divine shakthi as a form of worship in His evolution?

Please answer these questions and then I will try to answer this line.

(Shreeram has just burped, his indigestion is over and is looking at Dheesara with awe!)

Is the realization of a Vedanta> Gyani different from that of a Bhakta? If so, how can they both be> Truth?

Acharya Dheesara:

Are you a Vedanta Gyaani? or a Bhaktha?. If a Bhaktha or a vedantist, such a question will never arise because you live a self-ebriated state of highest experience. Dont you not feel that they both are two sides of one coin?(Shreeram reaches for a gulp of Cranberry juice again confused but Acharya Dheesara prevents him!)

If Vedanta Gyani and Bhaktha drink from the same cup of divinity how can the truth be different? And if they dont drink then do you think there can be two different truths for one God? If I ask you your sex, you will say soemthing-Male,female,hermaphrodite,ET,something...but still it is one undifferentiated existentiality,one truth. Eko brahmam,vipraha bahudaa vadanthi(Brahmam is one Wise call it with different names)

Do you refute the above truth?

Or are you asking this toungue in cheek to criticise Shankara or Totapuri?(Shreeram gulps a small glass of Cranberry juice again when Acharya Dheesara says thus!)

Or, are there degrees of realization? And if so, which comes> first, the realization of the bhakta or the brahma gyani?

Acharya Dheesara:

So, finally , there you have a product of a logical mind-Confusion. Does it mean people should be illogical? Is there a word called a-logical? Let us mull on this.(Shreeram does not burp with indigestion, his stomach strangely, does not retort back with burps!)

So, do we have heirarchies here too? First,second,third, before God. Will God favour a Bhaktha or a Gyaani? Is this question again begging an answer? or is the questioner being naughty by asking questions which many find in scriptures and which many intuitively know? Or does the questioner boast that he knows somehting here?

Acharya Dheesara now turns angrily toward Shreeram Balijepalli who is now frightened and burps again!H manages to mumble feebly "Acharya Dheesara, please forgive Him for He does not know what he is asking!"

=============================================

Shreeram Balijepalli to Jasyindar:

It is a beautiful question no doubt but even the most stupid question form your heart or mind, is more beautiful than a question asked by someone else...that too an experiential question such as this.

And you yourself say,"It has always been in my mind". It is a mind-question for which no answer exists.

Excuse me I had to delegate this question to Acharya Dheesara for my stomach was not alright with even cranberry juice!(whatmore to say of a vedantic question?)

Jagadambe' Paahimaaam Paahimaaam!

Shreeram Balijepalli

Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , "Jasyindar" <jasyindar wrote:>> > Hello everyone, Hope everyone is doing well. i would love to hear all of> your feedback regarding a recent question that was raised in another> group(devi mandir).> > The Question:> I was wondering why realized people such as Shankaracharya and> Totapuri did not believe in the Divine Shakti. When one is realized> and knows Truth, is it not one Truth? Is the realization of a Vedanta> Gyani different from that of a Bhakta? If so, how can they both be> Truth? Or, are there degrees of realization? And if so, which comes> first, the realization of the bhakta or the brahma gyani?> Regards Papia> > It is a beautiful question that requires deep thought, i hope to hear> your opinions or views from all the learned members in this group. tIt> has always been in my mind, now let it be discussed here.> > Om Maha Kalyai Namaha>