IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Tamil Sahasranama and other questions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari Om Tatsat Jaigurudatta,May I share my belief. I may be or may not be correct. Please correct me if I am wrong.1) While the pooja room may be undisturbed, the meditation area could have only one photo i.e. of Shri Rajarajeswari for ideal meditation2) While the Sanskrit gives a link to the infinite power, the Tamil translation, even if it conveys the original meaning, does not have the link. (This is not to decry any original work like Abirami Andathi, which contains ample links to the ultimate power Initiation is not limited to one birth, but is a continuation from earlier births - under the right

circumstances, the right initiation will come the way of the real devotee (u can read Guru Gita for that matter)3) Why the desire to differentiate / the intent should be one of surrender not one of seeing the individual identieis4) The Mother and Father cannot be segregated - Sakthi and Sivam are one and the same - two sides of the same coin5) Read Sivananda Lahari - where Adhi Sankaracharya himself praised the bakthi of Kannappa Nayanar - who offered precisely the same as naivedyam to Parameswarama in the form of lingam The sincerity and love / self identification counts a lot more than outward pretences6) Unqualified surrender alone is sufficient to charge the atmosphere with purity - rather than any particular manthrasHari Om Tatsat, Could we all meet in person on a Sunday and exchange valuable

thoughts, Please, sadhujagpara_anuloma <para_anulomaRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:19:37 AM[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Tamil Sahasranama and other questions

Dear Shreeram, 1) I have read one of your past messages.( ) In that, you have mentioned that it is better to focus on 1 Deity rather than keeping photos of many gods and goddessesand trying to pray to them all. So, I have decided to only keep the photo of Sri Rajarajeswari Devi and remove the other photos in my pooja room. Is it alright? Or is it wrong? What is the correct way of disposing the photos? Can I put them in a temple? 2) You have said before that an uninitiated should not chant Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam. I have bought a book which contains Sri Lalitha Sahasra Namavali in Tamil Translation. They give all the 1000 namas in Tamil. Example: Om Shree Matre

Namaha is translated to Om Arul Annaiyae PottriCan thoese uninitiated chant Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Tamil Namas and do archana for Amba? 3) Is Shri Kamakshi Devi the Amsa of Sri Rajarajeswari Devi? 4) Can one do Amba Puja and Shalagrama Pooja together? 5) Does the presence of non-veg ( as in prepared in the kitchen ) affect the purity of the poojas done to Amba?6) Also, what Mantras and Stotras must be chanted to cleanse and remove the negative vibrations and thoughts in a room,place etc? I am really sorry for bothering you with these questions. Thank you,G------------ --------- --------- --------- ---------

--------- --------- --------- --Replies:I have read one of your past messages.( ) In that, you have mentioned that it is better to focus on 1 Deity rather than keeping photos of many gods and goddessesand trying to pray to them all. So, I have decided to only keep the photo of Sri Rajarajeswari Devi and remove the other photos in my pooja room. Is it alright? Or is it wrong? What is the correct way of disposing the photos? Can I put them in a temple?Digging one deep well than a hundred small pits will fetch water.That is my intent behind that statement.However, this does not mean you have to throw away the photos of other deities, especially if you have been worshipping them(some pranashakthi would have been infused in them by your worship and thus it is not proper to dispose them of perfunctorily) .However for the sake of focus if you are concentrating solely on

Rajarajeshwari Devi, then those photos can be distributed to people who would want them or place them in a temple where people will appreciate it and worship it.You have said before that an uninitiated should not chant Sri Lalitha Sahasranamam. I have bought a book which contains Sri Lalitha Sahasra Namavali in Tamil Translation. They give all the 1000 namas in Tamil.Chanting the names in Sanskrit brings about full benefits because of a particular wave frequency (see my earlier post on cymatics and the formation of images due to sanskrit sounds).Thus this is a veritable powerhouse and needs initiation and also shaktipatha( or at the minimum, an approval form one's gurunatha).However, the Tamil verison of it is a modern day invention and thus, if you feel comfortable with it, you may so say with full devotion.This does not perse require any initiation(Also, if possible, you may scan it and share it with other interested members) however, if you get an approval from your Gurunatha, then it would be fantastic.You may do an archana with red Hibiscus flower and since you will be knowing the meanings, become absorbed in the chant and do the worship.However, try to seek a proper Guru for faster and deeper spiritual advancement.Is Shri Kamakshi Devi the Amsa of Sri Rajarajeswari Devi?I have hitherto answered this question many times in different forms. Essentially all Divine mothers are the same. Kamakshi Devi is a deity in Her own right.Ofcourse, many worship Her with Srichakra/SriMahame ru.Though rupabheda/murthybhe dha(difference in form should not be seen), it is better if the sadhaka/ki dwells upon one form and imbibes the essence.Can one do Amba Puja and Shalagrama Pooja together?You can do, no one prevent you from doing it.However, to do shaligrama puja one needs lot of niyamas and also a deeksha. It is also like Srividya Upasana. Also, nitya Abhishekam,Naivedya m has to be kept for it.Apart from this, the number of stones to be kept, which types,etc is a big science in itself.So, it is preferable that as you first hinted to concentrate on one deity.Rajarajeshwar i Devi ,please follow that and reap a bounteous crop of spirituality and materiality. Also, Rajarajeshwari Devi is Vishnu swaroopini and the feminine form of Vishnumaya(Vishnuma yethi

samsthithaa) , so you can concentrate on that.Eka-Guru-->Eka-Shakthi- -->Ekopasana--->Ekam sat! Does the presence of non-veg ( as in prepared in the kitchen ) affect the purity of the poojas done to Amba?To be very frank with you.It is not what we eat that matters but how much devotion we have for Divine mother. Many people quote to me that Kannappa fed meat to Lord Shiva Himself. I ask such people"Kannappa gave his eyes to Lord Shiva by cutting them with an arrow-edge, Can you do that with love and innocence?". But not many have reached such yogic heights or such bhakthi-bhava. So an element of a-suchi exists when non-vegetarian items are present for while doing divine mother worship in Samayachara/ dakshinachara

marga(Vamachara is different).I would advice you to refrain from consuming Non-vegetarian food.Our tradition(Rajagopal a swami even whilte initiating western people takes just three promises--{No alcohol,No meat-eating and no sexual activities(apart from one's spouse)}Also, please consider how much pain an animal undergoes to end up in your palate. This is a karma in itself.Will Divine mother be pleased if you kill Her children(animals/ birds)?Also, what Mantras and Stotras must be chanted to cleanse and remove the negative vibrations and thoughts in a room,place etc?The puja and bhajans you do for Amba will purify the environment. You dont need to do anything further.However,

you may always light a lamp before the deity,light an agarbatthi to clear the bad auric energy in the room and if possible switch-on a chant box having omkara or divine mother name.Hope this helps...Yours yogically,Shreeram Balijepalli

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.