IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Lalitha Sahasranama

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Namaste Shri Balijepalli Jee,Thanks a lot for providing this guidance. I am also in USA. I learnt LS at one of the temples where they worship Kanak Durga and then recite LS. It has been 3 years since I have started reciting LS. I have also attended few kumkum archanas.In my next trip to India, I will try to find an acharya who can give me initiation. I found about Garbharakshambigai through some internet forums. I requested ghee prasadam from this temple and I am currently consuming it. I hope ambika will bless me soon.Again, thanks for being a guide,Poojapara_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote: Dear Pooja Ma, Your desire of motherhood will be fulfilled.(Iam a young person please dont refer me as Gurujee!.Infact., Iam studying here in USA).(You might also wish to refer to myvery old posting on Garbharakshaambika) To do Lalitha Sahasranama, one

must have initiation into Panchadasi Mantra. You can however chant small shlokas on Amba like Rajarajeshwari Ashtakam(it is there in our group). You may visit Nanganallur Temple in Chennai and get initiated into Srividya if Swami Rajagopala deigns and then continue with Lalitha Sahasranama. Alternatively you may also get yourself initiated into the mantra from some other powerful Srividya Upasaka. I know these days many people do Lalitha Sahasranama on their own by reading books but they do it at their peril. One might question here: Why one needs an initiation into Panchadasi to chant Lalitha Sahasranama, which are "merely" a collection of "names" of divine mother? Well first things first : This is not my attempt to dissuade anyone from chanting Lalitha Sahasranama.Please do not misudnedrstand me.Please refer

to my old postings too regarding this. My intention is to guide you properly here and not speak sweetly at the cost of truth. Second: Divine Mother Herself will provide the opportunity for a sincere person to chant. Third: The qualifications(arhathas) and prerequistes necessary to do Lalitha Sahasranama are too many. This is ofcourse apart from Bhakthi. Some might argue here again that Bhakthi alone is the only qualification to chant this.But it is onething to be innocent and an entirely different thing to be ignorant.Also, my Gurunathar(Swai Rajagopala) says Chandi will chase the person who does it without proper initiation(Panchadasi) and also one incurs lot of Yogini Shapas(curses of Yoginis--The Phalasruti of LS clearly says that a personwithout

the said qualification, who recites the Sahasranama, attractsYogini Shapa "curse from the Yoginis"--these curses might menifest in various ailments in the body,mind or intellect as Yoginis are in the shareera(body) of the upasaka/upasaki). Fourth:One more point of argument which some make is the reference of Brahmanda Purana and that since Lalitha Sahasranama forms part of this Purana everyone are permitted to recite the litany. However just as in Law(legal jurisprudence)general rule fails in the case ofof a specific rule/Clause(in this case as propounded by Bhagawan Hayagreeva) Fifth:This is not a mere collection of names but each Nama read in a particular sequence creates a mantric matrix which surrounds the sadhaka/sadhaki and sends out powerful vibrations, heals

the person and also protects him/her in everyway.However, the energy to be assimilated properly requires proper initiation from a Srividya adept. These days uninitiated people even do Sangha-pooja(community worship) by way of Kumkuma puja and such, which produces no result and is rather detrimental(frustrates the very purpose why it was intended). Also, getting the initiation from a proper Srividya Upasaka is also essential. Not all Devi Upasakas become eligible to give the panchadasi initiation. You may do the 25 names puja given in the file section of our group and end up by chanting Rajarajeshwari Ashtakam and offering naivdeya also if you wish to Amba. Amba is called Bhakthi-vashya Bhayaapaha....she is attracted toward Bhakthi, so She will be pleased by your sincerity,love and devotion and bless

oyu in all manners. Namaami Lalithaa Charanaaravindam! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , Pooja Tiwari <poojat2005 wrote:>> Namaste gurujee,> > I donot have words to describe how I am feeling right now. It is as if somebody has lifted a burden from my shoulders. I respect you a lot. I have read so many mails in the group written by you and they are so informative. Thanks a lot for saying such kind

words to me. I really hope that I am blessed with a baby soon.> > I also have one more question - I recite Lalita Saharnaam regularly. I read somewhere in a different website that one needs to be initiated by a guru before reciting Lalita Saharnaam, Is this true? I get so much happiness after this recitation. I simple feel happy and contended. > > Again, thanks,> Pooja>