IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Concentrated Ramblings on Mantra-Pindam-Part-1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

dear sriramji

once i was in kerala - a elderly retired brahmin - from tirunelveli settled in ernakulam doing

gayatri japa. dhoti folded at knee level. some other oldies are taking bath and gossiping, this

Mama in between his japa - participating in the gossip! i was wondering what for they are

doing this. they are supposed to guide youngsters but.... sriram this is the status. married

men are to a somewhat higher side of majority is not using panchakachcham. as you said

kaliyuga is taking a nice toll.

venkat

Group Owner <para_anulomarajarajeshwari_kalpataru Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:06:38 AM[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Concentrated Ramblings on Mantra-Pindam-Part-1

Dear Kailasham,

Today evening, I had a talk with Prema Mami again and I was mentioning to her over phone regarding one ancestor of mine who was an astrologer. I will broach upon that most wonderful story presently.

But before that, I would like to say something about Gayathri Mantra and Matha swaroopam. The story I mentioned supra reminded me of this email to you which I take the liberty as a close friend to post online(as it contains no personal information or references apart form your name).

A daily repetition of Gayathri Mantra does fetch lot of benefits, it would be trite on my part if I repeat parrotlike statements like " Na Gayathro Paro Mantraha..." ,"Gayantham Trayathe' Ithi Gayathri..." and the sorts. You can find it in any book or a plethora of online sites on the subject and it has also become fashionable these days to say that one is doing the Gayathri mantra.

I have seen a spawning of various forms of the mantra these days from CDs, cassettes, books, various online sites, workshops(!! ), seminars(Yes, you heard it right) to even a Gayathri Reiki!! So much Kaliyuga where people are begulied very easily in buying a mantra, moorthy or a Master alike.Ofcourse, these assays do make a good job in explaning the potency of the mantra and also bear good references to texts and testimonials by happy "customers" making this a perfect consumerist hotchpot.The proverbial last straw came when I saw an ad online declaring " Thanksgiving sale---Learn Gayathri Mantra in Texas for $45 with an additional benefit of Pastlife regression classes for just $20". So the value of Gayathri mantra is now under a Thanksgiving tag of $45 and seeing the past life comes for as cheap as $20.Quite a deal, I would say!

Gone is the pristine beauty of learning Gayathri mantra at the feet of a master(in many brahamanical households, this mantra is given by the father to the son in an unbroken tradition of Upanayana samskaara when this is referred to as Brahmopadesha, as giving Gayathri mantra was concieved of giving the Brahman verily).

I earlier had posted on one ocassion whether the mantra which we have is the original Gayathri mantra we have. My opinion has also been bolstered by the famous Aghori Vimalananda and the information which I recived was direclty from an Athivarna-Avadhutha .I would now keep mum on this as I do not want to rake up any controversy and resreve my comments on this as truth has a way of coming out one day to the right Sadhaka based on his experiential and Upasana mode.

I would broach upon the popular mantra here "Om Bhur-Bhuva.. ."This is the substratum of my e-mails to you from now on.In a course of 3 or 4 emails, I will explain some interesting facets of the mantra.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~

Gayathri mantras we we know, when repeated on the tri-sandhyas( three auspicious times) as in Dawn,Noon and Dusk with reverence and due concentration on Anahatham region(chest region) imagining the BhuthAgni to be burning all sins, a thousand and eight times for one full year will absolve a human of not only all sins but also clear up the ku-vasanas(Vasanaks hayam happens). This is vouchsafed for by Narada-Maha- Muni in Padmapuranam.

I have grown up in Chennai in West Mambalam dominated by Smartha-brahmins doing "sandhi"(A shortened albeit corrupt version of "Sandhyavandanam" ) near a water tap in squatted position and mumbling some incoherent nonsense which they term Vaikhari. When questioned by me to repeat the mantra(one such Mama who quite sanctimoniously did the whole procedure twice daily) he let out such a garbled version of the Mantra that I asked him what benefit he would get by repeated such nonsense. He said " I have office Rama and I can't "waste" my time too much and I have this nitya-karma to be done" It sounded to me as if this was not a nitya karma but a "Karmam"(as Tamils call for some annoying act to be done perforce) to be done.So Gayathri mantra had been renegaded to some exrcise akin to "waste of time". Ofcourse, I would never generlaize this as saying all brahmins from westmambalam are represented by this small statistical sample I have now narrated to you

now.I myself belong to such a community and have learnt many things about Gayathri mantra from Ananthakrishna Shastrigal from the area. My demulcent attack is to just narrate my experience objectively( seeking objectivity in subjectivity) and to pur thing sin right perspective for you to understand and follow if possible. I know one can never make a sweeping generalization of anything.

---------<To be continued>-------

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

IIशà¥à¤°à¥€à¤°à¤¾à¤® बलिजेपलà¥à¤²à¥€ II

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_ Kalpataru

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hari Om, " Thanksgiving sale---Learn Gayathri Mantra in Texas for $45 with an additional benefit of Pastlife regression classes for just $20". So the value of Gayathri mantra is now under a Thanksgiving tag of $45 and seeing the past life comes for as cheap as $20.Quite a deal, I would say! "I earlier had posted on one occasion whether the mantra which we have is the original Gayathri mantra we have........... as I do not want to rake up any controversy and resreve my comments on this as truth has a way of coming out one day to the right Sadhaka based on his experiential and Upasana mode."While I entirely agree with your view, could it be possible that other popular manthras/stothrams also have an earlier version i.e. various sahasranamams, trisathies etc.Once again I agree that no controversy should be raked up on account of our thoughts...If possible could I meet you on your next visit to Chennai, please?I am resident of Ashok Nagar, within 3 kms of West Mambalam. " My demulcent attack is to just narrate my experience objectively( seeking objectivity in subjectivity) and to put things in right perspective for you to understand and follow if possible. I know one can never make a sweeping generalization of anything."To end with a touch of humour, I once knew of a "GRAHASTHA SANNYASI" in Chennai, akin to the saffron clad individual referred to in Part II.Probably they want to filter devotees with their way of life so that HIGHER SPIRITUAL KNOWLEDGE AND MOKSHA is given by them only to the

persistent devotee!sadhujag Click to join Rajarajeshwari_ Kalpataru Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

R Venkat <rdjvenkatRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:50:42 PMRe: [Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Concentrated Ramblings on Mantra-Pindam-Part-1

dear sriramji

once i was in kerala - a elderly retired brahmin - from tirunelveli settled in ernakulam doinggayatri japa. dhoti folded at knee level. some other oldies are taking bath and gossiping, thisMama in between his japa - participating in the gossip! i was wondering what for they aredoing this. they are supposed to guide youngsters but.... sriram this is the status. marriedmen are to a somewhat higher side of majority is not using panchakachcham. as you said kaliyuga is taking a nice toll.

venkatHari Om,This at least is somewhat tolerable. There is a growing tribe of GURUs claiming worship of some deity or other i.e. Ganapathi etc and also claiming supernatural powers.Their modus operandi is to "initiate" the followers and give out some "manthras",asking them to do a fixed routine per day. In case of any failings even"punishmnent" japs are doled out. Some tall claims include the power to travel using scooters to even elephants ...to visit dignitaries even in foreign countries ...like " riding an elephant to visit Bush - in USA" ...."going to Mumbai by scooter and coming back on the same day" etc.,

People believe these....since once they start accepting the other mind as superior,they simply submit their thoughts (probably to avoid all day to day responsibility)and have total submission to their GURUswhile doing their GURU-allotted thrice-a-day mantra japams ...extending over half an hour or so each 90 minutes prime time is lost and brain gets more and more images; more impressionable from the source of their individual GURUsadded to this, some GURUs even give a spiritual christening name ie. "Rama charan" "Krishna charan" etc. to their devoteees ..to be used within the Groupwhich may lead to a "multi-personality"........an air - craft with jet engines studded all over right from the nose to the tail, pointing at all directions - using up all the fuel in seconds, moving nowhere.The new identity and the images of

90 minutes with a fear of the GURUs could so confuse the guillible follower that these GURUs manage to extract monthly contributions / donations of property etc., and even manage to convert the other family members into other day to day servile functions at the so called "ASHRAM"sMay the Divine give all the fortune to see the Divine within oneself and not in any external source and THE FORTUNE TO GET FOLLOW PROPER GURUS LIKE RAMAKRISHNA PARAMAHAMSA, RAMANA MAHARISHI, PARAMACHARYAL ETC.,Somewhere I remember to have read that at the appropriate time the Guru himself will come to the individual...let us read Guru Geetha and not be taken in by such GURUssadhujag

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.