IndiaDivine.org

Achalatwam-Part-1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear LP, Today is Vaikuntha Ekadashi and my visit to the local Schenectady Hindu temple was tempered with a salubrious weather. There was a flurry of snow and then as sun peeped through the dark clouds, it seemed as if its pent-up frustration coruscated with a vengeance on the peace of the white snow. But the snow despite the fiery looks carried on being still as if Dabhra-bhaktha in Savikalpa-Samadhi doing its nature-borne labor of love with a characteristic calm and compose. For once, the sun paled into insignificance at the meditative serenity… Hrudayam PoornAnukampArNava mridhulaharI Chanchala bhrUvilAsaihi AnIla snigdhapakshmAvali parilasitam, netrayugmaM vibhO Te…. I was the target of ire of a lady who

claimed to be a vaishnavite, loving and meek. Though I would not go into the details or personals of her anger toward me, it made me wonder as to the futility of advanced spiritual practices and getting to know mantras or singing bhajans or penning poems or behaving in an “adiyen” fashion & mock humility stunts and having so much of pent-up anger and jealousy against people. Mind you, that lady is a very knowledgeable lady with knowledge of not only vaishnavite scriptures, Bhagavad Geetha and Narad Bhakthi Sutras but also Vedanta texts from Athmavilasam, Nrisimha Tapini, Bhashyams and upabhashyams. As long as I agreed with her on everything and fawned, she felt happy but the moment I rubbed her the wrong side, she burst like the Vaigai River during floods (though nowadays we see Vaigai parched due to over-utilization!..Jusskidding! ) This led me into thinking what the forms of camaflouged anger can there be? Anger is termed as one of the shad-ripus (6 enemies). It impedes the progress of even spiritual giants like Vishwamitra and Doorvasha Deshika then what to mention about poor kaliyuga denizen like us? However, this should not be taken as umbrage to hide and be angry. There are many misconceptions about anger and I will deal with them presently: First misconception: If you don’t look, feel or seem angry, you don’t have an anger problem. This happens when there are religious restrictions and Narada Bhakthi sutras

telling you not to get angry and be calm and that anger is a sin. This is all fine. But will anyone listen with one’s heart, mind and soul if you tell him/her “Don’t get angry!” In fact there will be what psychologists call “Reactance”( the propensity of the human mind to initially say “No” internally to any explicit suggestion). So a natural process is thwarted forcibly and the person suppresses his true emotions and thus there is a pent-up anger which keeps accumulating and does burst up one day. So these people try to maintain a façade of not showing any anger and keep a very plain face.(Remember here, I say a plain face and not a smiling face). ----- There are four more misconceptions which I will dwell upon in forthcoming postings. Some people who read my postings and my arguments for or against someone or concepts think, I have lot of anger but when they see me in person, they are in for surprise. Anger is something which has not been taken head-on by spiritualists much except exhorting from roof-tops that one should not do…without any analysis as to the cause, effect and how to remove the cause, effect and the karma Vasanakshayam-àpapakshayamànirmalatwamàAchalatwamàSamAdhI These are not found in any scriptures and are again my disparate thoughts. Do expect a few more emails on this subject of anger and how Devi Upasana can help. May the sacred energies flow! Ano-bhadrAha-krathavO-yanthU-VishwathahA! Shreeram Balijepalli (To be continued…) Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... IIश्रीराम बलिजेपल्ली II Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.