IndiaDivine.org

Achalatwam-Part-3

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear LP, Yesterday night, there was a cold zephyr which grazed my forehead as I was walking down the Drive. The warm ambience of Schenectady trailed past me as an unending surge of sunbeams upon a lowly wooden plank. However the staccato onslaught of brief winds continued their stance with renewed vigor. I was reminded of my mother’s hot and oily Dosas in Chennai’s sweltering heat and wished for it along with some motherly love

here in this cold place. tapoyaj~nadaanaadibhiH shuddhabuddhi\- rvirakto nR^ipaadeH pade tuchchhabuddhyaa .parityajya sarva.n yadaapnoti tattvaM paraM brahma nitya.n tadevaahamasmi Let me begin with misconception 4 which is a bit difficult to digest for many. Misconception 4: It won’t cost me too much emotionally to be a nice person who never gets angry at anybody. I have seen some unbelievable people in my life who never seem to get angry at anybody and

who seem to have an ideal temperament. In fact, I used to envy them as a kid. These people are friendly, well-liked, “nice” people. But they pay a tremendous price for their perpetual “niceness.” After a few years, physical and emotional illnesses often develop that affect their health, relations with family members, and even their job performance. I have personally witnessed one person who died in the end due to nervous problem trying to be a really nice person. Misconception 5: If I express my hurts and anger to the person I’m angry at, our relationship will suffer. Once, someone brought me a lady, quite aged, someone told them that I was a healer! I was initially reluctant to talk to them as I normally prefer anonymity but something made me open up before them. She was a Bank Manager in Sy@#$% Bank in Chennai and she used to have dizziness and stomach symptoms detrimentally affecting her life. Her Doctor had been unable to find any cause for her symptoms, which were so severe that it was interfering with her job. First thing I ask any patient is what hurts or anger they harbor. But she was so sweet and cloy that she didn’t seem to harbor any bitterness or anger toward anybody she knew, including her husband of 15 years. But as my therapy progressed it had become apparent that she had buried a number of hurts over the past 15 years

right from her marriage. As I pointed to her hurts and her present state, she did not at first realize that there was any correlation between those old hurts and her current symptoms. Problem with her was that she felt if she told her husband those feelings, he would get hurt or think bad about her and that she was a shrew or worse still might even have a heart attack, leaving her to blame herself. Eventually she started applying what I said gingerly

and to her amazement, her relationship with her husband got better- not worse. A new-found love developed between them, and her symptoms were resolved. She was surprised that a young kid like me could observe such a problem and solve it. She had become an ardent Rajarajeshwari Devi Devotee since then absorbing the sacred energies of the Nanganallur temple and Rajarajeshwari Devi Amma to have the courage to face life boldly. At least 50% of all emotional, psychosomatic, and interpersonal problems (including familial and marital problems) are the result of poorly handled anger. In addition, it has been repeatedly proved that many physical illnesses such as hypertension, heart attacks, and even cancer-are more common in individuals who have a problem with anger. What is sad is that

a large percentage of these people don’t even realize that they have an anger problem. Some of them may perhaps be aware that they are nursing a backlog of old hurts, but many others are not aware of the role that feelings and anger play in their lives. As you are reading through these emails, perhaps you’ve been saying to yourself like Ambi, “I’m sure glad I don’t have a problem with anger like what has been described”. But, I ask you to consider the fact that it is precisely the person who thinks he

never gets angry who often has the most seriously problem with anger. He/She may be chronically late, sulk, whine or stew; he/she may be cynical, envious, catty; he/she may savor secret injustices, gossip “self-righteously”, or engage in hurtful humor; he/she may be sarcastic, make caustic comments, or develop a martyr complex; but if you ask him/her if he/she has a problem with anger, he/she will smile innocently and say, “Why, no—I never get angry.” The problem is that this person doesn’t see these things as symptomatic of an underlying problem with anger. Like many of us, he/she has a very simplistic notion of what anger is. Most of us think of a person who has a problem with anger as someone who yells at his kids and kicks his dog. But more often it is the person who suffers

in stoic silence who has a problem with anger. The people who bury anger or who express it in such camouflaged forms as bitterness, cynicism, or envy often fail to recognize the indicators of anger in their lives. They don’t recognize as anger the little inner twinge when a friend makes an ever-so-carefully-phrased insult in the middle of a conversation. They don’t recognize as anger the vague bitterness at their family for not appreciating all that they do for them. The root cause I see of many of these misconceptions about anger is a distrust

and even a denial of our emotions (especially punctuated when on a spiritual path-where DONOTS become de-rigor than DOS). Next email, I will discuss about camouflaging anger and how people cleverly camouflage anger. You will fit somewhere in the templates I present. Till then, let us cultivate some silence in Anahatham and a peaceful prayer to Sarvamangala Rajarajeshwari Devi that she keeps our heads cool! (To be continued…) Bhadram Bhavathu Bhavani! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... IIश्रीराम बलिजेपल्ली II Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.