IndiaDivine.org

Mandapathil-Paatu-Pooja.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sugumaran, Konappoo which blooms during Vishu I was introduced to the significance of Mandapathil Paattu Pooja through one member of our group {Sri La Sri Karmayogi Guruji Balakrishnan Pradeep Prabhuji who worships many many Shalagramas and is an expert in Hari-Shalagrama-Upasana and the disciple of Sri Pollachi Swamigal(now living)}. Though I had earlier known about the Pooja I had not know about the divine miracles surrounding the same. He told me about his personal story revolving around the pooja and also one other story of the popular Malayali actor Mohanlal who tried to perform the pooja. One yogi in Chennai had told me and my mother that we both belonged in one of our previous birth belonged to a Namboodiri community living near Guruvayoor and that we had two vows to be fulfilled--one for Guruvayoor

temple and one for Chottanikara.So, maybe that sort of explained my proclivity toward Kerala Tantreekam and Keralachara way of Srividya worship but I had an immediate concern to fulfill the vows. Mandapathil paatu pooja is an expensive and time-consuming affair and being a student now, I could not

afford it, so I have postponed it a bit. In this famous vazhipaadu, there is a combination of other important vazhipaadus like Annadanam, Chuttuvilakku and Niramala, Appam,

Ada, Payasam, Chathussadam, offering of paddy, Special Archana etc. This vazhipaadu at present costs from Rs.20000 to 22000 (approximate). Of the various offerings to Devi intended to win the divine grace the Mandapathil Paattu (ceremonial song in the portico of the temple) is as important as the dawn-to-dusk pooja in the celeberated Shree Krishna temple, Guruvayoor. On the day of the Mandapathil Paattu the entire area of the mandapam is beautifully decked in the traditional style with various types of burning bronze oil lamps, tender coconut leaves cut into size, silk and satin clothes and fineries, leaves of sacred trees, fragrant flowers and yellow spikes of coconut and arecanut trees, several Niraparas (huge wooden measuring units filled with raw rice, fried paddy, paddy) and other ceremonial materials associated with bringing good luck and prosperity. Burning camphor and incenses fill the air with rapturous fragrance. A suitable devotional song (Brahmini Amma Paatu) chanted in classical style with the accomplishment of a simple instrument made of bronze, in addition to the routine instrumental music of the temple lend musical charm to the serenity and splendor of the

occasion. Adapradhaman Throbbing hearts stand watching this rare scene sharing the unique satisfaction of self realization and devotion. All the poojas in the sanctorum are performed in the Mandapam also. The Chathussatham ( a kind of loose sweet pudding) Nivedyam is very significant in this connection. A person who has been blessed by Divine Mother, can only do this puja. Infact, it is said that not only does Divine mother decide who does the pooja(by conveying it to the Thantri there) but also even who enters the shrine or Garbhagruham(sanctum sanctorum). Iam waiting for such a blessing, which I hope will accrue soon. Yours Yogically Shreeram Balijepalli Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... IIश्रीराम बलिजेपल्ली II Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.