IndiaDivine.org

4 Regulative principles for Srividya Bhakthi.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members, There are four pillars of religion: mercy, truthfulness, austerity and cleanliness. These four pillars are protected by the four regulative principles that must be observed in order to make progress in the path of devotional service. By breaking the four regulative principles, you destroy these pillars and by destroying these pillars you jeopardize your devotional service. The four regulative principles are: Ahimsa: No eating meat, fish, or eggs. Killing animals destroys the quality of mercy. One turns one's body into a graveyard by consuming dead animals. These foods are saturated with the modes of passion and ignorance and therefore cannot be offered to the Goddess in the Dakshinachara Srividya path. A person who eats these foods participates in a conspiracy of violence against helpless animals and thus stops his/her spiritual progress dead in its tracks. Arajaha: No gambling. Truthfulness is destroyed by gambling. This is quite obvious. Gambling turns a person into a liar, a cheat. Gambling invariably puts one into anxiety and fuels greed, envy, and anger. Amadhukam: No intoxicants, including excessive tea or coffee or cola’s.Taking intoxicants is physically, mentally and spiritually bad. It destroys the principle of austerity because the reason people take to intoxicants is that they want to avoid their suffering in the material world- they do not want to face that austerity. Drugs, alcohol, and tobacco, as well as any drink or food containing caffeine, cloud the mind, over-stimulate the senses, are addictive and make it impossible to perform devotional service, which by its very definition requires some degree of austerity. Amaithunam: No illicit sex. Cleanliness is destroyed by illicit sex. The scriptures teach that sex is the most powerful force binding us to the material world. Anyone serious about advancing into Srividya should even minimize sex with their spouses gradually. Actually sex is a materialistic and selfish substitute for pure love. If we awaken our pure love of Goddess, the taste is so blissful that sex becomes a tasteless, trivial act that leaves one empty and unfulfilled. Members who do not have these 4 qualities should first aim

to develop them and then come to me for further guidance.Without these 4 qualities, there is no point even in talking about advanced srividya mantras. I was shocked when one person from Bangalore asked me" How can I follow Srividya path, with my wife or my girlfriends?" I thought he must have been kidding, but he was very serious and even sent me snaps of him with his girl friends and wife.I promptly deleted the email and said to him please read the 4 regulative principles for srividya bhakthi. First, basics then go beyond! Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... IIश्रीराम बलिजेपल्ली II Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.