IndiaDivine.org

Saptarishi Mandal Mantras

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi yesterday I got a chance to go to Shri Shri Ravi Shankar ji's Ashram in Bangalore. They have a Divine shop, which sells different spiritual books, cassettes, cds, etc. There I found one cd which have Shlokas/Mantras for Saptarishi Mandal. One for each Rishi. The cost was 250. I haven't bought it. If you are interested please go to Art of Living centre in your city, or mail them( that can be found on their site or just google it). They do have other wonderful collections of Mantra CDs. May All be Blessed. awaneesh para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote: Dear Gauthami Ma, Thankyou for your kind comments. I get a feling while looking at the nature of your query that someone who reads palmleaves(Naadi-reader) has said something and thus your pertinent curiosity. Lakshate sarvah anayaa ithi Lakshmi According to Amarakosha the word Lakshmi etymologically means the goddess who watches over every Man.The details of this Goddess can be obtained from Vyvartha puraana, Devi Bhagavatha and Vishnu Puraana. Lakshmi symbolizes the wealth of Lord Indra. Due to the curse of sage Doorwaasa, Lakshmi fell into the ocean and when Gods and demons churned the ocean during the samudra manthana, she rose from it once again. During the initial stages of creation she was born along with Brahma. That is why Lakshmi and Brahma have a reddish complexion. Shiva and Saraswati were born of a lotus. That is why they have white complexion. Parvati and Narayana were born of another lotus(Blue) and they have bluish dark complexion. That is why Parvati is called 'Narayani'(Sarvamangala Maangalye'...Naaraayani Namosthuthe'!) In the holy book of Srimad Bhagavata the story of the churning of the ocean by Gods and demons

is explained in detail. Author, the Sage Vyasa writes that Lakshmi came out of the ocean during the churning of the ocean (Samudra Manthan). So she is known as a daughter of the ocean. She came out of the ocean sitting on a full-bloomed lotus and also having lotus flowers in both hands with two elephants by her sides, holding a beautiful vessels filled with milk and pouring it over Sri Lakshmi. Many a time we see Sri Lakshmi standing in the lotus and elephants are pouring nectar over her. During the festival of the lamps or the Deepavali along with Sri Lakshmi the Ganapati or the Elephant God also gets worshipped; that signifies the protection from evils as well as abundant grace and blessings for additional prosperities! Gajalakshmi Gajalakshmi Upasana: This is done mainly by a vratha called "Gajalakshmi Vratham". This vratha fulfills all desires. It can also be done as a part of Ashtalakshmi vratham. Mythology tells us that Gaja Lakshmi brought back the wealth lost by Indra from the ocean.

It implies that worshipping her brings back lost prosperity and wealth.With time, Gajalakshmi Devi attained a stand as an independent Devi with Her own modality of worship,mantras,etc.(especially in Tamizhnadu. Gajalakshmi iconology is the most popular down south and in Maharastra also, shown with four arms on an eight-petaled lotus. This aspect of her is most often seen when positioned above door frames of houses or temples.Gajalakshmi Lamps are also considered to augur in prosperity.When seen with two hands, she is known as Samanyalakshmi and Indralakshmi.Most of Her information is given in Vishnupurana(which some western authors have erroneously drawn erotic conclusions about the deity) For this is the most

sacred form of Lakshmi Devi. Elephants are her mates. She wakes up to the trumpets of elephants. She is the transfigured form of riches and wealth. She is as great as a large mountain, as big as an elephant and as high as the sky. Hence it is symbolic that two elephants are there to serve her on either side with Akasha Ganga(the purest form of Ganga, in Her etheric form) filled in golden Kalasas which are studded with precious stones . The elephant Iravatham preceded her as if symbolizing that this race will be at her service. Moreover elephant is symbolic to wisdom, balanced and matured mind, not to be deterred under any condition. Such elephants are at the service of Sri Mahalakshmi. Sri Gajalakshmi has bright and ever shining and circulating eyes. Her

eyes are not still because she makes her kind looks fall on each and everyone. That's why she is called Chanchalakshi. She wouldn't be at a place. Ever ever moving nature (chanachala swabhava) shows that her benedictions are showered on every one in turns and also that wealth is not permanent and comes by way of Karmic dolement. Some upasakas thus even worship Lakshmi and keep the image of Lakshmi in a seated posture(Susthiralakshmi) in a green saree(green being the color of prosperity) and not Lakshmi in a standing posture for accumulation of wealth. This deity is also the favourite of Jinas(Jains).Jina Tantram specifically provides lot of mantras for prosperity.(No wonder we see so many rich Jains in the world!).It is also strangely seen in early

Buddhist motifs(obviously, there was something of a Gajalakshmi Tantra in the Boudhatantra texts which is now not extant. The earliest available depiction of Gajalakshmi appears on a coin(3rd century) from Kausambi. One or two elephants depicted alongside a woman symbolized the birth of Gautama Buddha.Let us not forget or be guided by the popular sterile representations of a effeminate Gautama Buddha depicted these days under the Bodhi tree that He was one the greatest Tantrics and Aghoris to have lived in His times.) Also,Gaja Lakshmi Puja is the longest festival celebrated in the Dhenkanal district of Orissa. It starts from Kumar Purnima and continues for eleven days. Gajalakshmi Puja is done with auspicious objects like Gorochana,Kasthuri,Dakshinavrutha shanka(Valampuri Shanka), Chaamar, Ekaakshi Nariyal(one eyed coconut),etc. After the sankalpa, the

Gajalakshmi Gayathri Mantra is chanted(with initiation) and the Gajalakshmi Ashtottara namavali is performed with red flowers(or golden flowers) after that sweetmeats are given to the goddess alngwith panaka(jaggery mixed with cardamom and a pinch of saffron).Finally sadbrahamanas are fed and the poor given cererals and corn.Some even feed an elephants and owls(owl being the vahana of Lakshmidevi) if possible. Patrabhyagvadanman CharanPrakashshalan Bhojan!Satseva Pitrudevarchan VidhihiSatyamgavam Palanam!Dhanya

Namapi Samgraho NaKalahaschitta Truroopa Priya!Drashta Praha Hari Vasami KamalaTasmin Gruhe Nischala. (I always reside there, where guests are welcomed and offered meals, where virtuous people are rendered services, where God is worshipped and other religious services is done, where truth is observed, where no misdeed is done, where cows are protected, where corn and cereals are collected to give for charity, where there is no quarrelling, where wife is contented and polite. At the remaining places, I rarely show my favor) Regarding Saptharishi Stotras: Yes,

there are a few stotras.Athri, Brugu, Kutsa, Vasishta, Goutama, Kashyapa, Ãngeerasa are the Saptharishis.The Stotras and mantras are found in various Naadi texts and at appropriate places in Puranas like Bhavishyottara purana,Skanda Purana,Vishnu Purana,etc. I have not heard of any Vratha specifically for the seven seers. Hope all of the above information helps... Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , "gauthami_khandavalli" <gauthami_khandavalli

wrote:>> Namaste sriram garu.i am new member in this group. I like all your> postings. We all members are very fortunate to have guide like you.> I like your posting on Tamil siddhars. There are 8 forms to goddess> mahalakshmi. Can you throw some light on gajalakshmi aaraadhana?> I would like to know what is the importance of gajalakshmi aaraadhana in> mantra and tantra shastram?> > > I am wondering is there any strotras related to Sapta maharishis?> I would like to know any vratam's relate to sapta maharishis.> I would like to know gajalakshmi pooja vidhaanam and mantras and stotras.> > > Thank you,> gauthami>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.