IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Chatushasti upachara pooja

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sriram,

thanks for giving the below note on 16 and 5 upacharas..I am basically trying to understand what are the 64 types of chatushashti upacharaas(like given below for 16 upacharams).

Could you please name them..

I have seen the document in the files folder of this group but bit difficult to understand and seperate each upachara while reading as they r in the form of sthotram.Would be great if you could let me know the names divided.

Regards

Gopala K Talluri

para_anuloma <para_anulomaRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru Sent: Saturday, 10 May, 2008 4:55:23 PM[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Re: Chatushasti upachara pooja

Dear Pundariji,

You may do chatus'shashti upachAra pUjA to all Gods and Goddesses.

There is no rule set in stone which says "One MUST do chatus'shashti upachAra to rAjarAjesvarI devI and no one else. If you take each scriptural text of each and every God(why Gods? even Grahamunis like Rahu,Shani,etc have this ritual)."

This ritual means 64 upacharas and this is normally offered by temples, it is possible in homes too.

If you are thinking of 16 upacAra pUjA then

asana

(svagatam)

padyam

arghyam

acamaniyam

madhuparka

acamaniyam

snaniyam

vastram

(upavitam)

alankara

gandha

puspa

dhupa

dipa

naivedyam

pranama

vandanam

64 upacArAs mean these and more like nrtyam, gAnam,etc.I do not think these days people have even time to do the 16 upacArAs proeperly leave alone 64! So, our temple has come with a simple 25 name procedure given by Devi Herself to my Gurunatha(there in the files section of our group)

However, if one can spare some time pancopacArA( penta-ritualisti c mode of worship using 5 articles and encumbering rituals) can be done.{--gandhA, puspA,dhUpA, dEpA,naivedyA- -}

Each god and goddess is an embedded energy matrix in itself and these services have multifarous purposes.To the non-initiate, agnost,atheist these look as too much of fuss and silly rituals bereft of meaning but to the serious practioner of tantrAs, these form the very bedrock of divinity as these not only tend to create an atmosphere of intent and concentration for the mind to grasp the nirgunic realms but also create a spiritual aura and other factors.

So, howmuchever I wish it could be, it is not an exclusive thing for our Sweetest Mother, rAjarAjesvarI alone.

Jaya Sarvamangale'

Shreeram Balijepalli

Rajarajeshwari_ Kalpataru, "pundari_turaga" <pundari_turaga@ ...> wrote:>> Respected Guruji,> > Pranam. I am a ordant devotee of Devi and I got a doubt that whether> we have to perform chatushasti upachara pooja only to RajaRajeswari> Devi and not to any other godesses i.e. varalakshmi, Maha lakshmi and> saraswarti. I am eagerly watiing for your reply.> > Pundari>

Planet Earth is in the hot seat. Know more.