IndiaDivine.org

[Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] pictures of Gods

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hello Sriram Annaya, thanks for your e-mail and clarifying my doubt ...I just wanted to make sure... But could you suggest me on what I can do with so many different pictures and how to arrange them .(and how to get rid of so many pictures from calendars, posts and other stuff ) If you would like I can take pictures of my Pooja room and send them to you . And what you ahve said is right too much clutter is also not good. My problem is that Im unable to concentrate on any single form of god the thing is I like everyone and I guess im trying to please everyone so when I sit to do pooja I tend to do japa for 6 different gods. Now a days Im not praying at all ...it is not laziness I just dont know what to do . Few years back I was a very very strong devotee of Saibaba (I still love and worship him and consider him as my

guru) During my graduation days their was'nt a single day I missed going to his temple I had many miracles also.. I often used to goto a devi temple in fromt of my house in Hyd, and that was it ... But, when I cam to Toronto due to some materealistic probelms I stopped worshiping totally . Again I Slowly started going to the Vishnu Temple here and started parying Balaji and Rama Parivaram regularly on saturdays ... but on weekdays I just dont worship at all and somewhere I am commiting some mistakes .. and I dont have that spiritual fullfillment except for on saturdays .. could you guide me ? regards, Vandita para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote: Dear Vandita Ma,Please do not come to hasty conclusions.I never said, one should not worship any God without proper initiation.I only referred to certain mantras (especially Srividya) and certainstotras and chants like Lalitha Sahasranama which need proper initiatoryrites.You can certainly keep small pictures of your favourite Gods andGoddesses in your home or puja room.Unless you buy vigrahas(smallidols), it is ok. In case of vigrahas(small idols), you can keep smallones which are angula pramaaanam(3 inches long

approximately).So, you can do whatever you have asked to your heart's content. However,I do not recommend too much of a clutter and frittering away of energiesinto various Gods and Goddesses. Have faith in one source. You can keepany number of saint pictures(unless your Guru has told otherwise). Placein the center your Gurunatha's photo and then Amba's or other deity'sphoto which you like and are worshpping on a regular basis.There is a vaasthu even for the pooja room arrangement, try to learn itand follow it to get maximum out of divine vibrations.Your brother,ShreeramRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , vandita kandala<saidaya1980 wrote:>> Hello SriRam Annaya,>> after reading from several e-mails of yours I have udnerstood that weshould not worship any god

without proper intiation.> But I hope that this does this not mean that we cannot keep anypictures of them in our house..> because when ever I visit any temple I tend to buy the picture of thatdiety and keep that im my pooja room.> for example during my recent visit to chennai and Karnataka I visitedmany temples like Pratyangira devi , kannika parameshwari, etc...andNimishamba temple in mysore etc..> and my mom allways scolds me saying that we should not keep so manypictures / idols at home without proper worship...we do not offer anyindividual pooja to them..>> But My parents do regular Vishunu related poojas at home likeSuprabhatam, Vishnu sahasranamam and my mom does regular paranayam forGuru dutta and Saibaba .> and we offer nivedyam eevryday ...>> sorry if this sounds like a dumb question ..>> regards,> Vandita>>>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Tryit now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

hello SriRam Annaya, thanks again for the message, I will try to follow your advice . and I did not mean to send you my pictures to reduce clutter I meant to take a snapshot of my current pooja room and e-mail it to you so that you could tell me if the arrangement was correct or not. I think this was just a mis-communication . thanks again, Vandita para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote: Hello Vandita

Ma,How to arrange them, I have given a clue. Rest, you can arrange itneatly in any manner which you like placing emhasis on Guru and the mainGod/goddess which is your Guru's path.But before that search for your Guru, then all Gods and Goddesses willcome to your puja room and into your heart.I would love to take some picture from you but Iam staying abroad andthus I do not know the cost effectiveness for you to send the pictureswhich you have. Also,funnily, it was me who suggested that cluttershould be avoided and you have offered your pictures to me!I too wouldlove to have a clutter free puja room with just pictures of my Guru andGoddess and maybe a few more pictures of saints and other Srividyarelated pictures.If it were articles like rudraksha or the like, I wouldhave been really interested.I knew it the moment you said to me that you buy so many pictures ofGods and Goddesses. There are many many

Gods and Goddesses,Saints andYogis, etc. One cannot have them all.Also, it is a foolish andamateurish way of worship to indulge in so many Mantra japams, so manypujas,etc. First, question yourself whether you have a proper Guru(asingle one at that not a melange of Babas, Swamijis and Ammas) andwhether he/she has asked you to do a mantra and if so is it prefarblyone mantra.Dig one deep pit for water, say 100 feet instead of 10 small pits of 10feet. The possibility of getting water in the former is more.The same shakthi, the same benevelonce, the same power, the samebenediction and the same peace will lie in the 6 deities you pray.Selectone. If you want to see your face or comb your hair, will you choose 6different mirrors? and look at each one for a minute and then comb yourhair or powder your face?For mundane things we use common sense but when it comes tospirituality, people just leave it at the

door.They think more isbetter. NOPE! More means too much of mental clutter, more means here toomuch of spiritual indigestion.Know many paths, read many boks, see many saints, have some curiositybut stick to one Guru and deity, to one path. It is like a child playingin the neighbourhood, seeing all mothers and their children(who are thechild's friends) but will he stay in the their houses permanently? No,he comes back to the lap of his mother finally and sleeps in peace afterall the play.When you have any problem(materialistic or non-materialistic), the firstsuccour point is divinity.Spiritual fulfilment does not come from myadvices or postings, it comes deep within with your own spiritualpractices, how disciplined and committed you are to sadhana to yoursearch.Turn that light 'on' and inward,Shreeram BalijepalliRajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , vandita kandala<saidaya1980 wrote:>> hello Sriram Annaya,> thanks for your e-mail and clarifying my doubt ...I just wanted tomake sure...>> But could you suggest me on what I can do with so many differentpictures and how to arrange them .(and how to get rid of so manypictures from calendars, posts and other stuff ) If you would like I cantake pictures of my Pooja room and send them to you .>> And what you ahve said is right too much clutter is also not good.> My problem is that Im unable to concentrate on any single form of godthe thing is I like everyone and I guess im trying to please everyone sowhen I sit to do pooja I tend to do japa for 6 different gods. Now adays Im not praying at all ...it is not laziness I just dont know whatto do

..>> Few years back I was a very very strong devotee of Saibaba (I stilllove and worship him and consider him as my guru) During my graduationdays their was'nt a single day I missed going to his temple I had manymiracles also..>> I often used to goto a devi temple in fromt of my house in Hyd, andthat was it ...>> But, when I cam to Toronto due to some materealistic probelms Istopped worshiping totally .>> Again I Slowly started going to the Vishnu Temple here and startedparying Balaji and Rama Parivaram regularly on saturdays ...>> but on weekdays I just dont worship at all and somewhere I amcommiting some mistakes ..> and I dont have that spiritual fullfillment except for on saturdays ..>> could you guide me ?>> regards,>> Vandita>>> para_anuloma para_anuloma wrote:>>> Dear

Vandita Ma,>> Please do not come to hasty conclusions.>> I never said, one should not worship any God without properinitiation.> I only referred to certain mantras (especially Srividya) and certain> stotras and chants like Lalitha Sahasranama which need properinitiatory> rites.>> You can certainly keep small pictures of your favourite Gods and> Goddesses in your home or puja room.Unless you buy vigrahas(small> idols), it is ok. In case of vigrahas(small idols), you can keep small> ones which are angula pramaaanam(3 inches long approximately).>> So, you can do whatever you have asked to your heart's content.However,> I do not recommend too much of a clutter and frittering away ofenergies> into various Gods and Goddesses. Have faith in one source. You cankeep> any number of saint pictures(unless your Guru has told

otherwise).Place> in the center your Gurunatha's photo and then Amba's or other deity's> photo which you like and are worshpping on a regular basis.>> There is a vaasthu even for the pooja room arrangement, try to learnit> and follow it to get maximum out of divine vibrations.>> Your brother,>> Shreeram>> Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru , vandita kandala> saidaya1980@ wrote:> >> > Hello SriRam Annaya,> >> > after reading from several e-mails of yours I have udnerstood thatwe> should not worship any god without proper intiation.> > But I hope that this does this not mean that we cannot keep any> pictures of them in our house..> > because when ever I visit any temple I tend to buy the picture ofthat>

diety and keep that im my pooja room.> > for example during my recent visit to chennai and Karnataka Ivisited> many temples like Pratyangira devi , kannika parameshwari, etc...and> Nimishamba temple in mysore etc..> > and my mom allways scolds me saying that we should not keep so many> pictures / idols at home without proper worship...we do not offer any> individual pooja to them..> >> > But My parents do regular Vishunu related poojas at home like> Suprabhatam, Vishnu sahasranamam and my mom does regular paranayam for> Guru dutta and Saibaba .> > and we offer nivedyam eevryday ...> >> > sorry if this sounds like a dumb question ..> >> > regards,> > Vandita> >> >> > > > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with

Mobile.Try> it now.> >>>>>>>> > Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Tryit now.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.