IndiaDivine.org

Spam Message

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Members,

This is a warning to all.

I got an email today morning which goes something like this.

How are you doing today? I am sorry i didn't inform you about mytraveling to Africa for a program called "Empowering Youth to FightRacism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, the program is takingplace in three major countries in Africa which is Ghana , South Africaand Nigeria . It as been a very sad and bad moment for me, the presentcondition that i found myself is very hard for me to explain. I am really stranded in Nigeria because I forgot my little bag inthe Taxi where my money, passport, documents and other valuable thingswere kept on my way to the Hotel am staying, I am facing a hard timehere because i have no money on me. I am now owning a hotel bill of $350 and they wanted me to pay the bill soon else they will have toseize my bag and hand me over to the Hotel Management, I need thishelp from you urgently to help me back home, I need you to help mewith the hotel bill and i will also need $250 to feed and help myselfback home so please can you help me with a sum of $600 or any amountyou can afford to sort out my problems here.I need this help so muchand on time ,because i am in a terrible and tight situation here.Idon't even have money to feed myself for a day which means i have beenstarving.please understand how urgently i need your help.i havedecided not tell my family so that they will not be worried.when Ireturn,I will let them know about my unfaithful plight I am sending you this e-mail from the city Library and I only have30 min, I will appreciate what so ever you can afford to send me fornow and I promise to pay back your money as soon as i return home.Youneed to transfer the money through Money Gram or Western Union to theaddress i shall give you later.Please reply back to my alternate emailaddress at dr.ramarajubalakrishnamurthy because gmailservice is very bad right here in Africa. Hope to hear from you soon.Regards

There is a member by name Ramaraju Balakrishnamurthy and he is an elderly person and known to me by emails but the above email has been sent by some hacker from Nigeria(Popularly called 'Nigerian scam emails', wherein they promise to give a fabulous amount running into millions of dollars due to some catastrophic event in the political system/personage there).

I get everyday 14 to 20 such emails on an average but what is disconcerting about this email is, these hackers have found a way to send an email from the user(say the above elderly person) without actually opening his email account.(Or atleast this is the information I got from some knowledgable sources--IT/Software people please help me here).

Also, few years ago, someone was doing rounds with my email id "Para_anuloma" (and coming in multiple IDs)and trying to solicit such favours.

I request all members to not respond to such emails and put it in the spam folder and delete it and not to click any links which come by way of such emails.

In case you get any email from my ID like this seeking money, please note that, it is fradulent and also please make sure you contact me by email and if it is really serious by phone(which I will give after I get your phone number and call you)--BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

This notice serves both as a disclaimer from my side and also as a warning to all.

May Paradevatha show the right way to such erring souls!

Bhadram Bhavathu Bhavany!

Shreeram Balijepalli

(Group Owner--Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru and Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam)