IndiaDivine.org

Jaya Jaya Sree Renukaa Yellamma Talli !!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Brothers,From few weeks I have been visiting "Yellamma Talli Temple", This has created a new interest in me about Renuka Maata. I tried to google, But apart from "Be-heading story by Parashu Raama", "Temple @ Mahurgad" & "Caste based worship of Yellamma" could not find much about the Mother.Few interesting facts I wanted to share areEka-Vira is the Most ancient Name of Mother.She is said to worshipped as "Chinna Masta" by Hiranya Kashipu & is Kula Devata of Prahlada Swamy.Mother manifested as Manchalamma in Mantralayam, which was previously called as Manchala Gramam. How Mother played Her Leela on "Sree Guru Raghavendra Swami" is well known & How She protects Him & is till date worshipped in Mantralayam can be read from "Sree Guru Raghavendra Charitra".Lord Datta (As Sreeram Annaya said) respects/ worships Renuka Maata. He even did rites for Jamadagni Mahaamuni after His paramapadam.Lord Datta when teaching "Tripura Rahasya" to Lord Parashu Raama says - "Devi Tripura is one which existed before material existance and She is Renuka Maata, Me & Renuka Maata are One, take refuge in

Her".In Andhra Pradesh mostly neuters (Eunch OR Kojja vaalu) worship Yellamma, what might be the real reason behind this (If any anthropologist friends cud answer this...). I often visited "Yedu-paayala Jaatara" @ Manjeera River, Medak district. Before Shiva Raatri whole lot of Eunch congregate there & worship Yellamma & Vana Durga (Yedu-Paayala Durgamma Talli) - their faces are so serene & as if in trance they evoke bhakti in normal people.Mostly Pasupu (Turmeric) is used in Her worship, Snake worship & Donthulu (Turmeric painted Pots kept one upon another) forms a key part of Her Upasana.In one audio casette - Folk Songs - "Yellamma Charitra OR Mallanna Charitra", it is sung that Mallanna is brother of Yellamma @ the Marriage of Mallanna, Yellamma

assits Him, It is a beautifully sung folk story.Friends If you know more about Sree Yellamma Talli, Her Upasana, Her Stories, Her Folklore do share, remembering & contemplating on Her Stories definetly do us lot of Good... Thanks & Regards,- Sri Sainath J.O. Jaya Jaya KrupAbde KarunArasa Datta RAya !!!

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.