IndiaDivine.org

[Datta-Yoga] Renuka Devi-Yellamma Thalli

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Annaya/ Brothers,One more way Yellama Talli is different from other forms of Mother - Durga, Kalika, Lalitha etc is that She is not in Ugra Roopam & has not emanated for destruction of any evil demon, rather She is like a Homely Mother who cares for Her children & solves their problems ...... Also we cannot believe that Renuka Maata admired bathing Gandharva, because we know that from your earlier mails almost all

foreigners attacked our Societal & Cultural fabric by distorting

history.Ayonija like Renuka Maata/ Seeta Maata & Draupati all have bear-ed the brunt of fate with patience even tough they were Shakti incarnates,they are Pativratas - Divine Mother Incarnates...But as you said it might be leela of Brighu & Athri Maharshis ...More decent version of be-heading episode - "Mother Renuka saw Gandhrava Couple playing in river & thought how happy would they be if She also plays like that with Her husband Jamadagni Maharshi. That's all nothing more. Reason for anger of Jamadagni Maharshi is that Maata thought of earthly

desire from husband rather than Spiritual Ones."Eeshwaree Rakshatu !!! Thanks & Regards,- Sri Sainath J.O. Jaya Jaya KrupAbde KarunArasa Datta RAya !!!para_anuloma <para_anulomaDatta-Yoga Sent: Friday, 12 September, 2008 12:00:52 PM[Datta-Yoga] Renuka Devi-Yellamma Thalli Dear Tammudu Sainath,

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear Tammudu,

Thankyou for the email.

I admire your propensity to seek the truth and support the deity of your choice.I might have commitied mistakes too.Let me however, type what best I feel and think here by analyzing your statements threadbare.Again, this is just a logical exercise to clarify issues for my own dull brain not to pinpont anything to anyone.

Also we cannot believe that Renuka Maata admired bathing Gandharva, because we know that from your earlier mails almost all foreigners attacked our Societal & Cultural fabric by distorting history.

>> There is nothing foreigners or their interpretations, it is what was written in some texts.Also, Renuka was a Pathivratha but there can also be a Bhangam in her Pathivratham.She used to make a pot from pure sand daily from the pond and bring it to Jamadagni but the moment she lusted the man her mind became impure and the pot could not be made and thus she had to bring water in an ordinary earthen pot.

Jamadagni drank that and felt a bit of grossness and then mentally saw with his Divydristhi what happened.

NO ONE CAN BEHEAD, I REPEAT NO ONE CAN BEHEAD ANY PATHIVRATHA WOMAN AND SUCH A CALAMITY WILL NEVER OCCUR TO HER IF THE PATHIVRATHABHANGA HAD NEVER OCCURED.EVEN HER HUSBAND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO KILL HER IF SHE IS A TRUE PATHIVRATHA, JUST LIKE RAMA-ANJANEYA YUDDHAM

We get emotional and the emotions give color to the facts.

One interesting thing to note is that though being a brahmin by birth Renuka's pathivratha became a "Bhanga" and she a Pathitha but the moment Parasurama kept the head of a washer woman, she rose to the status of a Goddess, which is even greater than a Pathivratha.

For everything we need not accuse westerners.We are to blame ourselves for our repressed selves and emotions.Also, people innately want to believe in them in some higher force without analyzing the facts first.

Ayonija like Renuka Maata/ Seeta Maata & Draupati all have bear-ed the brunt of fate with patience even tough they were Shakti incarnates,they are Pativratas - Divine Mother Incarnates...

Your argument in Tarka/Logic fails here due to the multi-fold constraints and they are:

1. Emotionally toned rhetoric: "bear-ed(bore) the brunt of fate with patience.--->leading to sympathy

2. Argument by forced analogy: "Ayonijas like Renuka,Seetha,etc"

a.We are not clear whether Renuka Matha Herself is an Ayonija.

b. Being born as an Ayonija does not confer any special merit or status, they too are prone to errors.Yakshinis and many other Gandharvas who were born as Ayonijas were cursed.

3. Prelimary statement force: This means overcoming resistance to a proposition by a prelimary statement of a few easily accepted ones.

Meaning: "Ayonija"---> Seetha--->Therefore Pure--->"Ayonija"--->Renuka(old before beheading)---->compared to Seetha--->Therefore Pure.

4. Prestige on false credentials: "Ayonija" is used as a false credential to boost the prestige.

5. Special pleading: Again the AYonija and other pathivrathas are taken into question and the technique of special pleading for Renuka matha is given.

Therefore to sumup clubbing a group of A,B,C with a seperate X into it because of someone charecteristic and then ascribing the common charecteristics of the A,B,C pool is not logical.Tarkawada fails here.

Example: Rats have tails, Lions have tails, Elephants have tails and all the three have a heart, thus a Helicopter which has a tail should also have an animate heart

More decent version of be-heading episode - "Mother Renuka saw Gandhrava Couple playing in river & thought how happy would they be if She also plays like that with Her husband Jamadagni Maharshi. That's all nothing more. Reason for anger of Jamadagni Maharshi is that Maata thought of earthly desire from husband rather than Spiritual Ones."

1. "Decent" versions are given not to anger general public and to portray a more sanitized version and not incite them to take umbrage under their elder's committed sins.The reasoning then would be : "Jamadagni's wife herself committed a sin, who am I? Vishwamitra Himself fell prey for Menaka, who am I?"

When you paint a small black spot on big sheet of white paper and ask people what they see they will naturally tell, "I see a Black spot" will they ever tell, "I see a white expanse of the sheet and a small black sheet"People are not trained logically to see things as it is without the color of criticality or emotion.

The slightest deviations from what they want to hear as opposed to what is: Is construed as an aspersion and taken as an affront.

2. If she thought that she too should play with Jamadagni like the Gandharva people, that is not a grave sin which needs to be punished by beheading as per shastras, afterall her desire is only with her husband.

And do not be guided by the images we see of Rishis in TVs and comics where they show a beared old man being served by a beautiful apsara looking female Rishi patni. Rishis of yore dazzled with greater beauty,charm and handsomeness than Manmatha(Remember, I told you Rishis are even more powerful than Gods, Manmatha is just a God and when someone is more powerful than a God it means all aspects of power which includes physical beauty. Samudrika Lakshana is a pwoerful subject and Gods were expected to have perfect features according to their heirarchy)

The maximum if Jamadagni should have done as per your argument is to chide her for a "lowly" desire like that and ask her meditate in some cave to rise her chakra from falling down to Mooladhara and retain her paathivrathya.

Even Krodhabhattaraka Doorvasa Muni does not curse left-right and middle.People portray Him as a villian in movies and comic books. He is one of the most revered sages and seers and has come to the status of a Rishi due to purity and constant Tapas. everything is a Rishi Leela. Even Him running in the Ambareesha story was a Leela enacted by Him.

3. Also, if you have read Vimalananda's books you would note that Rishis practiced many advanced tantric sexual techniques like Shivalathamudra and others and enjoyed orgasmic pleasure million times more than sadharana manavas or even gandharvas.This being so, do you think Jamadagni who was given that name because he was born with the brilliance of a Yagnafire in his face and who was very handsome did not know such techniques to please his wife?

The point is your mind is emotionally attached to the deity from your childhood and the emotions start coloring the facts into not even accepting a taint even before She became Yellamma.

Who knows how Rajarajeshwari Devi Herself was before She rose to the status of a Goddess? She might have been a Manava many many millions of aeons ago(one aeon is 4 yugas) and might have ascended to this stage. Even now, everyone of the rishis in fear of losing their purity do nithya-japa.

Maya is all powerful, Karma is all powerful.

Renuka Matha has a Karma with the Yaduking/Gandharva and she had a karma of dying in Her son's hands at the behest of Jamadagni.

Jamadagni in return of this karmic act had a karma of dying to the shoot of an arrow with his own head(see the equality of karma?) and again being resurrected just like his wife.

Karmasiddhantha is the highest and a mere reading of Bhagavath Geetha as many people think does not equip them to understand the nuances

Let not all these counter-arguments of mine dampen your spirits or make you think I have disrespect toward Renuka Mathaji.I have the highest respect toward Her as a Shakthi even revered by lord Dattatreya and let us not distract into digressive arguments as to facts, when we do not perfectly what happened.Maybe Iam typing all this at the behest of my karma,maya or a Leela of Jamadagni Maharishi or Renuka Matha(a Higher equation)

The only refuge I seek humbly to evade the karma, maya which befalls me is to seek refuge at the Lotus feet of my Divine Guru and Goddess, for I know nothing and may have seriously erred everywhere.

Jayosthu Paraamba!

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...Srividya-Tantra , "Sainath J.O." <srisainath78 wrote:>> Dear Annaya/ Brothers,> > One more way Yellama Talli is different from other forms of Mother - Durga, Kalika, Lalitha etc is that She is not in Ugra Roopam & has not emanated for destruction of any evil demon, rather She is like a Homely Mother who cares for Her children & solves their problems ....... > > > Also we cannot believe that Renuka Maata admired bathing Gandharva, because we know that from your earlier mails almost all foreigners attacked our Societal & Cultural fabric by distorting history.> > Ayonija like Renuka Maata/ Seeta Maata & Draupati all have bear-ed the brunt of fate with patience even tough they were Shakti incarnates,they are Pativratas - Divine Mother Incarnates...> > But as you said it might be leela of Brighu & Athri Maharshis ...> > More decent version of be-heading episode - "Mother Renuka saw Gandhrava Couple playing in river & thought how happy would they be if She also plays like that with Her husband Jamadagni Maharshi.. That's all nothing more. Reason for anger of Jamadagni Maharshi is that Maata thought of earthly desire from husband rather than Spiritual Ones."> > Eeshwaree Rakshatu !!! > > Thanks & Regards,> - Sri Sainath J.O.> > Jaya Jaya KrupAbde KarunArasa Datta RAya !!!> > > > > para_anuloma para_anuloma Datta-Yoga > Friday, 12 September, 2008 12:00:52 PM> [Datta-Yoga] Renuka Devi-Yellamma Thalli> > > Dear Tammudu Sainath,> > > > Bollywood news, movie reviews, film trailers and more! Go to http://in.movies./>