IndiaDivine.org

[Srividya-Tantra] upanayanam at the age 7

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jai Guru Datta !!!

Dear Shreeram garu.

Thank you. i will wait. I have a question. I always try to copy all the conversation of important topics and convert them to PDF and store into the files section. I have not requested for this before doing this apologies for the same. Now the question is now a days when i copy a message from mail to word document before converting to PDF i am not getting the images copied into word. i need to copy the same to MS paint and insert into the word file. Strange thing. Any reason for this strange behaviour ?

Regards,

J.Sridhar

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:52 AM, para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear Bharani Kumarji,

Thankyou for your kind words.

The intent of this forum is primarily for Srividya Tantra but it does deviate sometimes onto other topics as I try to accomodate the requests of some members.

I will first finish the story of the great Srividya Upasaka Tadepalli Shastryji's story and then take up your request,piecemeal, if possible.

One more thing, even when I give spiritual postings on sacred thread or Upanayanam, it is never with any casteist intention that Im a brahmin.I always maintain that a person is a brahmin purely by his or her samskaras,thinking,way of life, and most importantly quest for God(Brahmana-anveshana iti Brahamana--Quest for Brahman and thus a Brahmin) and never merely by his birth.Everything from wearing a Sacred thread to vegetraianism is steeped in spiritual values and scientific basis too.Ofcourse, being born in a particular community does confer some benfits by way of close proximity to divinity, for which Im eternally grateful to my parents.

Im not trying to be also " politically correct " here by seemingly trying to take a nuetral stand. I personally feel, Politics and caste are things which should be seperated from religion or spirituality.

Power is a very dangerous thing, it makes a person go on a dope and is a big ego-trip.Gayathri mantra should never be used for any " Power " but as a way of devoting one's energies to the primal source within us.

Its main use lies in stablizing one's intellect and making it spiritually sane.

Chanting the Gayathri daily as many rounds as possible will lead to the following 4

Speaking the truth.--Sathya

Increased devotion to God-- Bhakthi

Living a dharmic life according to one's station in life-- Dharma

Living according to the spiritual laws,yamas and niyamas-- Nyaya

Coupled with the 4 above if one has Compassion in one's heart(Daya), then one is sure to attain salvation this birth itself through the grace of one's Acharya.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Srividya-Tantra , " Bharnikumar babu " <bharnikumar wrote:>> Jai Guru Datta !!!

> > Dear sriRam Grau> Woderfully said. This world needs a brahmin like you. I feel very pit of> brahmins(including me) who don't know what power they have how to utilize> that(by mearly doing gayathri japa).

> > If possible can you explain the 40 samskaras please.> > Regards,> J.sridhar> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM, para_anuloma para_anulomawrote:

> > > 1) What if the child was not able to continue sandhyvandanam regularly> > due to certain problems?> >> > Answer: Out of the 40 Samskarams ordained for us, Upa-Nayana Samskara is

> > coming as the 8th Samskara. Samskara is nothing but the process of purifying> > and refining a person and making him fit for sadhana. Samskara literally> > means to do well. By Samskara we wanted to convert the prakruthi into

> > Samskruthi and not as its opposite i.e Vikruthi . ( deformed/useless).> > Samskarams ( sacraments) purify and refine a human being making him fit for> > the life.> >> > If the boy is not able to peform Sandhyavandana, which is the basic

> > spiritual exercise of love toward Brahman, then there is no point in even> > doing the Upa-Nayana Samskara.Tarka says any venture which does not yield> > the desired fruit must be left in the initial stage itself.

> >> > During the function the Guru asks the Vatuka(young brahmin) also called> > " Vatu " ( the Brahmachari) to stand firm over a granite Stone> > (Asma-Aarohanam). He then blesses him stating that :-

> >> >> >> > " You should become firm like this stone. Your determination should be like> > a stone. Your body /health should be like this stone. If any body is> > creating difficulties in your anushtanas you should fight against him and

> > should drive him away. " > >> > This being so, the boy must do the sandhyavandana regularly and must be> > inculcated by the parents to do so on a daily basis.They must also take care

> > to thwart evil peer pressure when he joins Higher school or college wherein> > other boys of loose morals,laziness and ineptitude try to influence your> > ward into leaving such samskaras and lead a westernized way of life.So,

> > whether the child continues to do the sandhyavanda or not depends on the> > parents.> >> > I said before too that Brahmanatwa does not come by merely wearing the> > " dhanjyam " (sacred thread) and trying to " act " pious without being internally

> > pure.It comes by regular following of Yamas and Niyamas and the> > nithya-nimmitA AnushtAnams.> >> > 2) Is there any alternative or prayaschittam which he or his father can do> > in case there is any gap in doing gayatri japam?

> >> >> >> > This is like asking " My ward is not able to write the EAMCET is there is> > any way he or his father can compensate for that? " > >> > Karma is different for each soul. What happens to the father need not

> > happen to the son and veceversa.So, if the son misses then he suffers, if> > the father misses he suffers.Yes, prayaschitta is there and a father can> > take upon the sins of a particular action and do the redeeming act but it is

> > a one-time affair and not a recurrent one.> >> > This being so, there is no prayaschitta as it is.> >> > Yes, there is something called " Apadharmam " wherein some remedies are given

> > if a Sandhyavandana is missed or some worship modality is done> > erroneously.But as the word says it is " Apa-dharmam " and not " dharmam " .It is> > done only in case of crisis.

> >> > Execptions do not make the rule.> >> > 3) As he is a kid if he does something unacceptable wearing jandhyam?(like> > jandhyam touching his prushta bhaagam, not wearing jandhyam on hi right ear

> > while in toilet etc)> >> > Here he has to be educated on the rules, gently.> >> > My words may be strong at places but my intentions are pure and to help you> > only.

> >> > Shreeram Balijepalli> > Srividya-Tantra , Gopala Krishnan gopalt_qa@> > wrote:> > >

> > > Hello Sriram garu,> > > Â> > > My sister is planning to perform upanayanam for their son who is going> > to complete 6 years and going to 7the year this December.  we heard that

> > the actual age to perform upanayanam is 7th year of the> > child(garbhaashtamam) as per Vedas.> > > we are very much interested to do as told by elders, but have couple> > of apprehensions before we go ahead.

> > > Â> > > 1) what if the child was not able to continue sandhyvandanam regularly> > due to certain problems> > > 2) Is there any alternative or prayaschittam which he or his father can

> > do in case there is any gap in doing gayatri japam.> > > 3) As he is a kid if he does something unacceptable wearing> > jandhyam?(like jandhyam touching his prushta bhaagam, not wearing jandhyam

> > on hi right ear while in toilet etc)> > > Â> > > please enlighten the procedures and also remedies associated with any> > papam done by the child after upanayanam.> > > Â

> > > Regards> > > Gopala K Talluri> > >> > >> > > Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger at> > http://in.messenger./?wm=n/

> > >> >> > > >>