IndiaDivine.org

upanayanam at the age 7

Rate this topic

Guest guest

MS Word has its problems.Maybe you also need to check the security settings on your computer.

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/10/convert-email-messages-or-word.html You may find this website useful

ShreeramSrividya-Tantra , "Bharnikumar babu" <bharnikumar wrote:>> Jai Guru Datta !!!> > Dear Shreeram garu.> > Thank you. i will wait. I have a question. I always try to copy all the> conversation of important topics and convert them to PDF and store into the> files section. I have not requested for this before doing this apologies for> the same. Now the question is now a days when i copy a message from mail to> word document before converting to PDF i am not getting the images copied> into word. i need to copy the same to MS paint and insert into the word> file. Strange thing. Any reason for this strange behaviour ?> > Regards,> J.Sridhar> > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:52 AM, para_anuloma para_anulomawrote:> > > Dear Bharani Kumarji,> >> > Thankyou for your kind words.> >> > The intent of this forum is primarily for Srividya Tantra but it does> > deviate sometimes onto other topics as I try to accomodate the requests of> > some members.> >> > I will first finish the story of the great Srividya Upasaka Tadepalli> > Shastryji's story and then take up your request,piecemeal, if possible.> >> > One more thing, even when I give spiritual postings on sacred thread or> > Upanayanam, it is never with any casteist intention that Im a brahmin.I> > always maintain that a person is a brahmin purely by his or her> > samskaras,thinking,way of life, and most importantly quest for> > God(Brahmana-anveshana iti Brahamana--Quest for Brahman and thus a Brahmin)> > and never merely by his birth.Everything from wearing a Sacred thread to> > vegetraianism is steeped in spiritual values and scientific basis> > too.Ofcourse, being born in a particular community does confer some benfits> > by way of close proximity to divinity, for which Im eternally grateful to my> > parents.> >> > Im not trying to be also "politically correct" here by seemingly trying to> > take a nuetral stand. I personally feel, Politics and caste are things> > which should be seperated from religion or spirituality.> >> > Power is a very dangerous thing, it makes a person go on a dope and is a> > big ego-trip.Gayathri mantra should never be used for any "Power" but as a> > way of devoting one's energies to the primal source within us.> >> > Its main use lies in stablizing one's intellect and making it spiritually> > sane.> >> > Chanting the Gayathri daily as many rounds as possible will lead to the> > following 4> >> > Speaking the truth.--Sathya> >> > Increased devotion to God-- Bhakthi> >> > Living a dharmic life according to one's station in life-- Dharma> >> > Living according to the spiritual laws,yamas and niyamas-- Nyaya> >> > Coupled with the 4 above if one has Compassion in one's heart(Daya), then> > one is sure to attain salvation this birth itself through the grace of one's> > Acharya.> >> > Yours yogically,> >> > Shreeram Balijepalli> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Srividya-Tantra , "Bharnikumar babu" bharnikumar@> > wrote:> > >> > > Jai Guru Datta !!!> > >> > > Dear sriRam Grau> > > Woderfully said. This world needs a brahmin like you. I feel very pit of> > > brahmins(including me) who don't know what power they have how to utilize> > > that(by mearly doing gayathri japa).> > >> > > If possible can you explain the 40 samskaras please.> > >> > > Regards,> > > J.sridhar> > > On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:12 PM, para_anuloma para_anuloma:> >> > >> > > > 1) What if the child was not able to continue sandhyvandanam regularly> > > > due to certain problems?> > > >> > > > Answer: Out of the 40 Samskarams ordained for us, Upa-Nayana Samskara> > is> > > > coming as the 8th Samskara. Samskara is nothing but the process of> > purifying> > > > and refining a person and making him fit for sadhana. Samskara> > literally> > > > means to do well. By Samskara we wanted to convert the prakruthi into> > > > Samskruthi and not as its opposite i.e Vikruthi . ( deformed/useless).> > > > Samskarams ( sacraments) purify and refine a human being making him fit> > for> > > > the life.> > > >> > > > If the boy is not able to peform Sandhyavandana, which is the basic> > > > spiritual exercise of love toward Brahman, then there is no point in> > even> > > > doing the Upa-Nayana Samskara.Tarka says any venture which does not> > yield> > > > the desired fruit must be left in the initial stage itself.> > > >> > > > During the function the Guru asks the Vatuka(young brahmin) also called> > > > "Vatu"( the Brahmachari) to stand firm over a granite Stone> > > > (Asma-Aarohanam). He then blesses him stating that :-> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > " You should become firm like this stone. Your determination should be> > like> > > > a stone. Your body /health should be like this stone. If any body is> > > > creating difficulties in your anushtanas you should fight against him> > and> > > > should drive him away."> > > >> > > > This being so, the boy must do the sandhyavandana regularly and must be> > > > inculcated by the parents to do so on a daily basis.They must also take> > care> > > > to thwart evil peer pressure when he joins Higher school or college> > wherein> > > > other boys of loose morals,laziness and ineptitude try to influence> > your> > > > ward into leaving such samskaras and lead a westernized way of life.So,> > > > whether the child continues to do the sandhyavanda or not depends on> > the> > > > parents.> > > >> > > > I said before too that Brahmanatwa does not come by merely wearing the> > > > "dhanjyam"(sacred thread) and trying to "act" pious without being> > internally> > > > pure.It comes by regular following of Yamas and Niyamas and the> > > > nithya-nimmitA AnushtAnams.> > > >> > > > 2) Is there any alternative or prayaschittam which he or his father can> > do> > > > in case there is any gap in doing gayatri japam?> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > This is like asking "My ward is not able to write the EAMCET is there> > is> > > > any way he or his father can compensate for that?"> > > >> > > > Karma is different for each soul. What happens to the father need not> > > > happen to the son and veceversa.So, if the son misses then he suffers,> > if> > > > the father misses he suffers.Yes, prayaschitta is there and a father> > can> > > > take upon the sins of a particular action and do the redeeming act but> > it is> > > > a one-time affair and not a recurrent one.> > > >> > > > This being so, there is no prayaschitta as it is.> > > >> > > > Yes, there is something called "Apadharmam" wherein some remedies are> > given> > > > if a Sandhyavandana is missed or some worship modality is done> > > > erroneously.But as the word says it is "Apa-dharmam" and not> > "dharmam".It is> > > > done only in case of crisis.> > > >> > > > Execptions do not make the rule.> > > >> > > > 3) As he is a kid if he does something unacceptable wearing> > jandhyam?(like> > > > jandhyam touching his prushta bhaagam, not wearing jandhyam on hi right> > ear> > > > while in toilet etc)> > > >> > > > Here he has to be educated on the rules, gently.> > > >> > > > My words may be strong at places but my intentions are pure and to help> > you> > > > only.> > > >> > > > Shreeram Balijepalli> > > > Srividya-Tantra , Gopala Krishnan gopalt_qa@> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Hello Sriram garu,> > > > > Â> > > > > My sister is planning to perform upanayanam for their son who is> > going> > > > to complete 6 years and going to 7the year this December.  we heard> > that> > > > the actual age to perform upanayanam is 7th year of the> > > > child(garbhaashtamam) as per Vedas.> > > > > we are very much interested to do as told by elders, but haveÂ> > couple> > > > of apprehensions before we go ahead.> > > > > Â> > > > > 1) what if the child was not able to continue sandhyvandanam> > regularly> > > > due to certain problems> > > > > 2) Is there any alternative or prayaschittam which he or his father> > can> > > > do in case there is any gap in doing gayatri japam.> > > > > 3) As he is a kid if he does something unacceptable wearing> > > > jandhyam?(like jandhyam touching his prushta bhaagam, not wearing> > jandhyam> > > > on hi right ear while in toilet etc)> > > > > Â> > > > > please enlighten the procedures and also remedies associated with any> > > > papam done by the child after upanayanam.> > > > > Â> > > > > Regards> > > > > Gopala K Talluri> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger> > at> > > > http://in.messenger./?wm=n/> > > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > >>