IndiaDivine.org

[Srividya-Tantra] Query

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear brother Shreeram,

Mee Grand mother surname kuda BURRA ani telisi chaala santhoshinchaanu. Its really made to feel happy. Yes...I too belong to Velanadu sect. And our native is Palakollu in West Godavari. But well before my birth, My father got job in Vijayawada and so, setteled here at the holy feet of Mother KanakaDurga.

You have mentioned abut Manasika snana vidhi , but really I don't know how to do it. Please help me in knowing it. Because of this problem, I am unable to visit guruji frequently with a fear of missing sandhyavandanam and japa while in journey.

And regarding mudras, I saw something in one book and also two different versions of some mudras from our two different priests. I have even tried to search in YOUTUBE. but couldn't get them. Presently I am following as shown in the book SANDYAVAVANDANAM, published by Gita press.Please suggest me any goodbook, where I can get them.

And thank you very much for your help.Its only because of you, I have visited guruji, got initiation in to SriVidya.

Thanks once again.

Kishore

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

Dear brother Shreeram,

Mee Grand mother surname kuda BURRA ani telisi chaala santhoshinchaanu. Its really made to feel happy. Yes...I too belong to Velanadu sect. And our native is Palakollu in West Godavari. But well before my birth, My father got job in Vijayawada and so, setteled here at the holy feet of Mother KanakaDurga.

You have mentioned abut Manasika snana vidhi , but really I don't know how to do it. Please help me in knowing it. Because of this problem, I am unable to visit guruji frequently with a fear of missing sandhyavandanam and japa while in journey.

And regarding mudras, I saw something in one book and also two different versions of some mudras from our two different priests. I have even tried to search in YOUTUBE. but couldn't get them. Presently I am following as shown in the book SANDYAVAVANDANAM, published by Gita press.Please suggest me any goodbook, where I can get them.

And thank you very much for your help.Its only because of you, I have visited guruji, got initiation in to SriVidya.

Thanks once again.

Kishore

Dear Kishore Garu,

You may peruse books by the following authors in Telugu to know more about Gayatri mudras.

1. (Sandhyatatwa Subodhini') Brahmasri Somayajula Venkatachala Shastry Garu- Andhra Vignana Samithi-Jamshedpur

2. Challa Narasimha Shastry- Challa Vaari press, Machilipatnam

3. Deiva Prarthanalu- Saraswathy Jyothishalayam- Kakinada Press

4. Yagnopaveetha Tatwadarshanamu-- Brahma Sri Avvaari Sriramamurthy Shastry Garu

5. Sri Nori Bhogeeshwara Sharma- Gandikota Veedhi, Kovvuru

6. Sri Duvvoori Ramakrishna Rao--Rajamahendravaram(Rajamundry)

7. Sri Vadlamoodi Venkateshwara Rao--Metro Printers, Vijayawada

8. Brahma Sri Krishnamoorthy Shastry--Bharani Publications, Vijayawada

"By restraints of breath one should burn up defects"-Vachaspati Mishra says thus referring to Manu Maharishi.

Thus, pranayama bears very great significance in Gayatri Upasana.

Yoga-Sara-Sangraha(second part) in an explanation to Yoga-vaasishta, says that if one becomes proficient in Khumbaka(retentive phase of pranayama) than compared to the other two phases,then one can do anything one desires in the three worlds.

The mudras(apart from the Gayathri-dhyana) when included in the Main japam itself will achieve fixity of attention needed for Kundalini sanchalana.

The mudras(not above) required for the 24 parts of Gayathri mantra has to be strictly learnt from a Gurunatha. There is also an old Vawilla press book(Telugu) on Sandhyavandana which has it but I dont know about its availability.

Mudras are a vital key to the interpretation of meaning in Hindu and Buddhist iconography; the hand of Buddha is open to say that it holds back no secrets from the disciple. In the bhumisparsha mudra (attestation of the Earth) the hand is lowered, fingers touching the ground- the Buddha takes from the Earth a testimony to his Buddhahood. The anjali mudra is a gesture of adoration or prayer used also in Christendom; in another mudra common to East and West the forefinger and middle finger point to heaven while the others are folded, Christ is often shown making this gesture. In the dhyana mudra the palms rest on the knees upwards to receive the energy of the heavens.

The hand is a synthesis, exclusively human, of many differing energies; the binary polarity of masculine and feminine, the five elemental forces, the seven centres of consciousness and the thousand sensitivities of the brain. An enormous quantity of energy flows through the hands; energy to heal, create, balance, communicate, and transform. They are our most powerful interface with others. To be held by the hand of the Divine is to receive the manifestation of its Spirit; hence the final words of Christ.

Please peruse the above books but best would be to consult someone in Vijayawawada and learn it properly.

Mudras gerenally are given if Gayathri Matha is considered in a Shaktha Perspective but if it is a solar orientiation then normally it is said mudras are not required, however, I would advocate the use of mudras wherever and whenever possible.

Manasika snana vidhi is a set of mantras to be got as an initiation.

It is said that Vishnu-nama-sankeerthana or smarana is equivalent to manasika snana, so when you are travelling, you may do Vishnu Sahasranama and then do Sandhyavandanam.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru