IndiaDivine.org

Query answered

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Shreeram ji,

I used to listen to this mantra chanted by my father (in my childhood along with other Ambaal Dhyana mantras) later on taught to me by my mother. She told me that this is Srividya mantra.

Om Namo BhagavathiSarva Mangala DhayiniSarva Yanthra SwaroopiniSarva Manthra SwaroopiniSarva Tantra SwaroopiniSarva Lokha JananiSarva Abhishta PradhayiniMaha TripurasundariMaha Devi Sarva Abhishtam Saadhaya SaadhayaAapatho Naashaya NaashayaSampatho Prabhaya PrabhayaMama Kudumbam Vardhaya VardhayaAshta Aishwaryam Siddhim Kuru KuruPaahimaam Shree Devi Thubyam NamahaPaahimaam Shree Devi Thubyam NamahaPaahimaam Shree Devi Thubyam Namaha

Somehow, I got fascinated by this mantra long before I got initiated. Though my father doesn't chant the line Sarva Tantra Swaroopini, I had added it couple of years back due to some curiosity which arouse in me and used to chant it whenever I have Darshan of Srichakra Nayagi in Temples. Also, I used to chant "Bindu Trikona VashuKona Dashaara Yugma ...........Shree Chakramedha Thuthinam Para Devathayaha", Srichakra Dhyanam along with this. Could you let me know the following :

1) Significance of the above mantra.

2) Source of this Mantra, i.e., which Shaaktha scripture and its history etc.,

3) Whether the un-initiated can also chant this mantra as well as the Srichakra Dhyanam

Looking forward to hear from you,

Shree Maathre Namaha,

Harekrishna S V

Dear Member,

I will answer your questions for the benefit of members too.

This is the sanskrit verse(in i-trans english format):

"bindutrikoNavasukoNadashArayugma manvashranAgadalasaMyutaShoDashaaram.vR^ittatrayaM cha dharaNiisadanatrayaM cha shriichakrametaduditaM paradevataayaaH"

(This is the correct proununciation too of the verse.Please note this carefully as there are some mistake in your rendering).

1. The Bindu in the center.2. The Trikona – the small triangle around the center.3. The Ashtakona – the group of eighteen triangles surrounding thetrikona.4. The Antardashara – the inner group of ten triangles encirclingthe Ashtakona.5. The Bahirdashara – the outer row of ten triangles surroundingthe Antardashara.6. The Chaturdashara – a set of fourteen triangles surrounding theBahirdashara.7. The Ashtadala – a lotus of eight petals surrounding theChaturdashara.8. The Shodashadala – a lotus of sixteen petals surrounding theAshtadala.9. The Mekhalatraya – the three circles or girdles around theShodashadala.10. The Bhupura – the three quadrangular lines with openings on allthe four sides.

1. The significance of the sanskrit verse lies in its description of the Srichakra. This cannot be conbstrued as Srividya mantra in a technical sense but I have personally seen many a Tamizh Iyer household and its members chant this mantra faithfully before a Srichakra representation. I do not find any harm in chanting this as long as the pronunciation is correct.You can seek guidance with someone who has learnt sanskrit.

2. The source of this mantra is Rudrayamala Tantra.

3. However, the great Srividya Upasaka Lakshmidhara rephrased the second line of the verse in his Bhashya with Sruti pramAna thus:vR^ittabhUpuratrayayutaM paritashchaturdvAh.shriiChakrametaduditaM paradevatAyAH..

4. Also, there is no mention made of the four openings on the four sides of the Bhu-pura-trayam in the original verse.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru