IndiaDivine.org

Samhitayana Dwisaahasri

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members,

Normally I leave most of the 'event-handling' to Subramanyam Garu as his administration is able and divine.

He has however asked me this time to chip in to post some more information (as he feels I being the Group owner should take some onus to explain some to the public) on the subject.

In deference to his request Im typing this posting to enable an easier collection of the needed amount (still around Rs.1 lac is needed).Subramanyam Garu told me over phone that he would be contributing from his own pocket the needed amount but I would not like that. A divine man should not be troubled excessively, especially when he is short of money and goes out of the way by taking loans to get divine work done.And especially so many helpful Datta-Janas are here in the forum.

First, I request Shirdi Sai Baba devotees who abound our group to also contribute generously for this cause. There is an interesting book by S.P.Ruhela(Satya Pal Ruhelaji) written on Shirdi Sai Baba called "What Researchers say on Sri Shirdi Sai Baba" written a while ago, wherein in pg 66 he has mentioned that Baba apart from constantly telling "Allah Malik" also used to tell "Dattatreya Malik" and this fact was not highlighted by the over-enthusiastic people who propogandized his cult.(People try to take umbrage of 'fetishes' and 'stunts' and negate the real and true aspects of any saint).This being so, He had high regard for Lord Dattatreyta and belonged to the Natha-Panthi(whose leader is none other than Dattatreya).

Im sure if we were in his time and I say these He would have objected to use his name to garner funds for Lord Dattatreya as He was then called 'Datta-Avatar' and gained credence and acceptance as a multi-faith saint.

But the wheel has turned a full circle, now He is more popular than the Lord and thus His name is being used to collect funds for this small project of ours as 'Udatha-Bhakthi'(Squirrel's devotion to Lord Rama while building the Sethu bridge).

Second, this Gurucharitra(Dwisahasri) is a beautiful composition oiriginally written by Swami Vasudevananda Saraswathi(also called Tembe Swami) in Sanskrit.

Vasudevananda Saraswathy/Tembe Swami.

(This saint lived during the time of Shirdi Sai Baba and even gave Baba a coconut through a common devotee as a spiritual gift.Please note that Baba used to refer to Him as "elder brother'.So I request all Baba devotees once again to help His ''elder brother'')

This is the first major composition of Tembe Swami and was compiled( 1889- completed in 12 days even while He was a householder) at command of Lord Dattatreya, while Swamiji was still a householder. It is a free but compact & precise rendering of the Marathi Gurucharitra, the Holy Writ of the Datta tradition. When it was completed, which took less than two weeks, Shri Swami Maharaj heard the words "Sanhitaiyam dwisahasri" meaning this text is(has) two thousand verse(s).

On actually counting the stanzas, Shri Maharaj found the total substantially less than 2000. After some thinking, when he recounted the verses, including "Uwach" mantras and half mantras, as is done for the Havan of sacred texts like Durga Saptashati, the total was 2008. Thus this scripture came to be named by Lord Dattatreya Himself.(This is the unique aspect:So, Please consider that we(Subramanyam Garu and myself) are being directed by the Lord Himself for commisioning this work in a Telugu transliterated and translated form with Telugu commentary) Fifteen years later, Shri Swami Maharaj was instructed by Shri Datta Prabhu to write the commentary to this holy work when he was not having even the original text with him.

(Anagha Sametha Dattatreya idol in Peethapuram,Andhrapradesh,India)

From the above, please infer that Lord Dattatreya would be very happy if this work is seen to fruition and one gets His etheric blessings wherever they might be.

This is a form of ‘Yagnam’ which we are doing. We are giving a gross form to the hidden and arcane spiritual knowledge in the form of books in vernacular languages and also slowly in English (by me) so that people in posterity would benefit. Patrons like you must support this Vidya Yagnam and this would immensely please the Lord.

Third,this grantha can be used as a Parayana grantha too and is sanctioned by the Lord Himself thus!

The book was translated by Shree Pandavulu garu and now is editing by SHREE G.V.L.N VIDYA SAGARA SHARMA GARU(who is none other than Vishwa Guru Vishwamji's elder brother and a great Dattatreya Upasaka and a littérateur). Another unique aspect of this book is that it also contains the Yogarahasya and Bodharahasya, which was given by Shree Dattaguru Himself.

Many devotees of Lord Dattatreya regularly read this sacred tome and some even conduct Havans too.

Following is the mode of Saptah (7-day sacramental reading) of this scripture.

Having performed the Sankalpa on an auspicious day and having performed the initial worship one should read the chapters in the following sequence. One must observe the rules of purity and chastity during this period:

Day Chapters

1 1-4

2 5-9

3 10-14

4 15-17

5 18-19

6 20-21

7 22-23

After the 23rd chapter on 7th day one should read the two Rahasyas, Yogarahasya and Bodharahasya and perform the valedictory worship and dedicate the sacrament to the Lord

Finally, this is the first time such an effort is being done for the benefit of Telugu Datta devotees.So, please make use of this sacred opportunity.This does not mean that devotees of other states should not contribute to this sacred assay because Datta-Marga is something not confined to just Maharshtra,Karnataka and Andhrapradesh but to the whole world.Infact Datta would be more pleased if His devotees crosses the language barrier and helps for His sake the message to be spread.

May the saints of this Holy Marga shower us with Gnana,Vairagya and Vinaya.

ll Jayagurudeva Datta ll

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Contact (Sri Subrahmanyam Bharathula Garu) immediately at +91 9246463846 or at +91 9440820130.

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru