IndiaDivine.org

Advert on Rudraksha

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think this person or his organization would have second thoughts on sending me again a promotional email of this sort.

I have given below the transcript of my email communication with him.

To set a score straight: Im in possession of many Rudrakshas which are multifaced too.I also wear a Navagraha Rudraksha mala at times along with some other powerfully blessed Rudrakshas given by my Gurunatha and some got gratuitously fromn wellwishers upon which shuddhi has been done and worn as is proscribed in the texts.

Shreeram Balijepalli

P.S. He mentions me in the email as "patron" but I have never bought anything from him or "patronized" him in any manner.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Divine Rudraksha <info wrote:

Dear Patron Shreeram Balijepalli, We present the following article on Rudraksha as part of the Knowledge Enhancement Initiative from our side, based on the common queries we have received from our patrons over the years. As always, please feel free to email us for any further information. What are Rudraksha? Rudraksha beads are the seeds of the Rudraksha fruit growing on the Rudraksha trees botanicaly known as Elaeocarpus Ganitrus Roxb. These trees are found mainly in South – East Asian countries including Indonesia, Nepal and India. They are differentiated by various facets or "mukhis" which is said to grant them with varying properties. What are the benefits of wearing Rudraksha?

As per the ancient vedic texts, wearing Rudraksha is said to confer the following benefits: The wearer of Rudraksha is bestowed with Health, Wealth and Happiness as well as an All round prosperity. A person wearing Rudraksha is no more afraid of anything . Rudraksha bead prevents, controls as well as cures a large number of diseases. Rudraksha bead helps in Physical, Mental and Spiritual growth of a person. A person wearing Rudraksha gets the blessings of all the " Asht Siddhis " and " Nav Nidhis ". A person who regularly wears and worships a Rudraksha attains " Moksha " by the blessing of lord Shiva.

Other Questions about Rudrakshas

Q.1 Who can wear a Rudraksha? A.1 Rudraksha beads can be worn by any one irrespective of Sex, Age, Caste, Culture or Location. Every human being is equally benefited if he/she wears a Rudraksha.

Q.2 How long does it take to get positive effects of a Rudraksha bead? A.2 The Rudraksha bead is known as a wonder bead also. It positively effects all the three states of a person that is physical , mental as well as spiritual . However the positive effects felt after wearing a Rudraksha vary from person to person. While some people may immediately start feeling the positive effects, it may take some time even up to 30 to 40 day for others to get the same results.

Q.3 How to verify wether a Rudraksha bead is genuine or not?A.3 The most common belief is that if a Rudraksha sinks in water, it is a genuine Rudraksha. However this is not correct since Rudraksha can be made to sink with lead infusion. Other tests also do not give a reliable result. Therefore it is always advisable that a Rudraksha should be purchase from reliable sources only.

Q.4 What are the precautions to be taken while wearing a Rudraksha?A. 4 A Rudraksha should be taken off during Sex, Menstruation and in Funeral grounds. Normally the Rudraksha should be removed in the night before going to sleep and it should be worn once again next morning after taking a bath. A Rudraksha bead should be worn with full faith and confidence.

Q.5 Is it allowed to interchange the Rudraksha bead and Malas between family members? A.5 When a person wears a Rudraksha beads or Mala a relation develops between the wearer and the Rudraksha. Hence it is not advisable for the other family members to wear the same Rudraksha or the Mala. However the Rudraksha can be passed from one generation to another.

Q.6 What is the life of a Rudraksha bead? A.6 If proper care is taken, a Rudraksha bead can last for a very long time and can even be passed from one generation to another.

Q.7 Are there any harmful effects of a Rudraksha bead? A.7 Unlike the Gem Stones, Rudraksha beads have only beneficial effects in spite of the fact that every Rudraksha bead has a ruling Planet and it pacifies the malefic effects of the ruling Planet.

We hope that the brief introduction about Rudraksha was useful to you. If you want to read more, please see the link http://www.divine-rudraksha.com/holy_rudraksha.htm

Additionally, if you are interested in purchasing any holy item like Rudraksha, Yantra, Japa mala, please feel free to utilize the coupon code KESDEC for a 7% discount valid till 21st December.

Looking forward to serving you now and in the future for authentic religious items for attainment of health, wealth and prosperity.

Om Naham Shivaya Ramesh Khetanhttp://www.divine-rudraksha.comPhones : 079 - 65211519 , 65135606Mobile : Address: 28, Advait Complex, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, India.

Reply to this email from my side:

There are a lot of mis-information in the below e-mail which I request you to correct in the name of Lord Shiva if you do not want to accrue any demerit(Papa/Sin) from the Kailashavaasi.Please take this e-mail seriously though I had some fun typing it out. 1.Rudraksha beads can be worn by any one irrespective of Sex, Age, Caste, Culture or Location. Every human being is equally benefited if he/she wears a Rudraksha Rudraksha must be worn by a person of spiritual sadhana or evolvement,carefully considering asterism,the giver of the rudraksha,the place where the Rudraksha is procured,etc else negative results accrue.There must also be a sense of dispassion(vairagya) on the part of the wearer else adhama-vairagya(lower forms of Vairagya) sets in

2. The Rudraksha bead is known as a wonder bead also. It positively effects all the three states of a person that is physical , mental as well as spiritual . However the positive effects felt after wearing a Rudraksha vary from person to person. While some people may immediately start feeling the positive effects, it may take some time even up to 30 to 40 day for others to get the same results. 'Wonder bead', 'Wonder Cure', 'Wonder remedy' are all words of a snakeoil salesman meant to fleece customers.Here Rudraksha must be approached with a sense of divinity and not with a sales motive as you people have. Positive effects are felt as soon as the Rudraksha touches the person.It might not be recongnized by mere mortals like humans but one with a yogic bent of mind as he or she can see the Sooksha Shareera getting the auric benefit(or demerit if the rudraksha is of a fake/detrimental/or

reverse orientation). It is not a medicine or tonic of a physical nature to have benefits 30 to 40 days later. This statement is made by you for purely profitable and business reasons so that you get waived if anyone wears it and seeks instant cure and nothing is got of.30 to 40 days time is a reasonable time to benefit you because 1. The wearer forgets about you 2. Some good might happen and it can be conviniently ascribed to the 'Rudraksha' which you sell.

3. As per the ancient vedic texts, wearing Rudraksha is said to confer the following benefits: The wearer of Rudraksha is bestowed with Health, Wealth and Happiness as well as an All round prosperity. A person wearing Rudraksha is no more afraid of anything . Rudraksha bead prevents, controls as well as cures a large number of diseases. Rudraksha bead helps in Physical, Mental and Spiritual growth of a person. A person wearing Rudraksha gets the blessings of all the " Asht Siddhis " and " Nav Nidhis ". A person who regularly wears and worships a Rudraksha attains " Moksha " by the blessing of lord Shiva. First, You have mentioned "as per Vedic texts", if you give a reference of Rudrakshajabalopanishad then I would not consider it as Veda-pramana(Vedic ascription of Law) if on the other hand you have some other text from

the Chatush Veda(Sama, Atharvana,Yajur and Rig Veda) then I request you to give me the references. Your first statement "Health,wealth and happinessand all round prosperity" needs some consideration. "Health and happiness", I can easily relate to wearing of Rudraksha but "wealth and all round prosperity" seem again like a snakeoil salesman at play.Are you talking about the rare "Kubera Rudraksha" touted to make the wearer a Kubera(or shall we say a modern Billgates or a Sheik in Gulf?). Also, please define "all round prosperity" I would approach a rudraksha personally with the precision of a Yanthra. I would not wear Rudrakshas left and right without knowing the power and potency each singular bead, without getting it as a kind gift from one's preceptor or Shudda-satwic persons, without first doing Puja and performing the Shuddhikarana samaskara and without a "vancha"(desire) to progress in higher

spirituality. So "astro-buzzwords" like "all round prosperity", "wealth" can be avoided here, which is a sign of a demented mind to both sell and purchase.Im sure with the sale of the highly priced Rudraksha, you do laugh your way to the bank(but please note, you also accumulate the buyer's karmic sins along with your bank balance and one day, this janma or next, you will have to pay without recourse as it is cheating in the name of Mahadeva) A person who wears a Rudraksha is no more afraid of anything. True, very true and I also am aware which source you have picked this up to sell your "snakeoil". But the sense of courga ementioned here is that of a spiritual one, wherein a person is not afraid of the consequences of adopting a spiritual marga, does not dither from the path of vairagya or cower under family or near and dear duress to avoid spirituality.This is not a panacea to impart courage say to a fighter pilot or to our

corrupt politician in the wake of the recent blasts, if I may put so, toungue-in-cheek! The one who wears "gets blessings of Ashtasiddhs and Navnidhis": This claim is a bit confusing. Do you mean one gets the Ashtasiddhis, which are hard to get even to great Upaskas like Matsyendranatha, who after great and 'Kator' tapas got itORyou mean "blessing" from the "Ashtasiddh"--which makes no sense. I could not follow your English sentence construction here. Navnidhis also follow a similar argument made supra. This statement has been apparently made by you to entrap gullible fools(who deserve to be trapped by people like you) who love the "higher powers"(not knowing what live wire they wish to catch without any caveat) and people who seek "instant wins and wealth" You have written: The wearer gets "Moksha" by the blessings of Lord Shiva. As far as texts promulgate, Lord

Shiva gives only "Sannidhyam" and it is Vishnu who gives "Moksha".Oh, maybe you meant : Lord Shiva blesses the person who wears Rudraksha to adopt Vaishnava puja and get Moksha.(I would rather wear a tulsi mala which can be got at a cheaper rate or better still made by myself with tulsi twigs and wear it and please Sri Hari with a SriNamam to add to the beauty of the Tulsi Mala, why this convoluted route of Rudraksha Dharana?) The most common belief is that if a Rudraksha sinks in water, it is a genuine Rudraksha. However this is not correct since Rudraksha can be made to sink with lead infusion. Other tests also do not give a reliable result. Therefore it is always advisable that a Rudraksha should be purchase from reliable sources only.

I understand the part of "purchase from reliable sources only" as your organization.Please correct me if Im terribly wrong! Yes, Im being here blatantly toungue-in-cheek here again!

When a person wears a Rudraksha beads or Mala a relation develops between the wearer and the Rudraksha. Hence it is not advisable for the other family members to wear the same Rudraksha or the Mala. However the Rudraksha can be passed from one generation to another.

This I guess is to accomodate further sales of Rudraksha malas to other family members.I understand the nobility of thought and intention here and bow to it. Unlike the Gem Stones, Rudraksha beads have only beneficial effects in spite of the fact that every Rudraksha bead has a ruling Planet and it pacifies the malefic effects of the ruling Planet. Rudraksha beads can be more detrimental to the wearer if one does not know what he or she is wearing.Also women wearing it must check the internal hormonal disturbances.The relationship of the Rudraksha and planets seem to be a clever "business" trick of some adroit astrologer to make a fast buck or two praying on people's febrile sentiments on the same.The texts which you might show in proof is of recent origin with no basis or Shastra Pramana. It was this line which made me type this email to you despite

protestations from my wife to eat my evening Dosa.I enjoyed this email which was even tastier than my wife's Macaroni Dosa(with boiled wheat macaroni and tomato paste) a variation to the normal southindian fare which she experiments on me(as her favourite guinea pig).However, I request you to adopt some other profitable venture and leave the Rudraksha berries to the trees or Yogis or Gurus and invite you to taste the Macaroni Dosa in my home if you have nothing better to do.

Additionally, if you are interested in purchasing any holy item like Rudraksha, Yantra, Japa mala, please feel free to utilize the coupon code KESDEC for a 7% discount valid till 21st December. So nowadays even the holy Rudrakshas are being sold for "discount coupons" and maybe one day I can see myself purchasing Rudrakshas in walmart stripping the discount coupons outside the shop and redeeming it near the counter. I wish my wife's inventions like Macaroni Dosa,Idly Manchurian,etc can be sold too at discounted rates.People would attain instant-moksha and get Kshana-siddhis! Ha! Kaliyuga!

Ma! Please save us all from this Maya which besets Kaliyuga in the name of money.

Yours yogically, Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Dear Maggi Ma,

I wish these unscrupulous sellers do not degrade the Vedic culture by selling "religion" in the form of

1. Rudraksha beads and Shaligramas(Both of which should never be bought or sold)

2. Yanthras(Which should be strictly procured from one's preceptor)

3. Mantras and Mantric texts

4. Vedic Astrology(Read as 'Implanting-Fearology') and the like

5. Other sciences like Vaasthu and remedial measures

I would like to add here that all these sciences exist, lest I be termed as an atheist or an agnost, and it must be done with utmost reverence and faith, by a divine upasaka, with absolutely no pecuniary pre-condtions, with 'Upasana Bala'(strength of one's Upasana/spiritual practice) and not merely by 'Shastra Bala'(Purpoted Intellectual strength of a mere parrot-reading of scriptures) to help a suffering and repentent soul in need.

In any case 'Deiva Bala' is required(Grace of God) for the success of all the 5 mentioned supra.

Rudraksha Dharana(wearing of a Rudraksha) is a sacred science and an art in itself.

Each Rudraksha must be tested for 'Prana'(Pranic energy or the Chi/Qu/Qi energy) and if the 'Prana' is convoluted or of a reverse or nuetral manner then, it will either have no effect or worse, detrimentally affect the wearer seeping him or her in a spiritual euphoria and a sense of false strength.

People do not like me,online, because I tend to speak the truth in the face of adversities and express candidness instead of sweetness.However, in person, to not hurt my friends or near and dear ones, I gently tell them with the sweetest toungue{A vedic astrologer might ascribe my 'Budha'(Mercury) being placed in the 'Lagnasthana'(Ascendent position)} to explain this quixotic behaviour of mine(and may recommend a Nepalese 4 mukhi Rudraksha to enhance Budha's potency at just $2!)

Now, he does not know that Surya too in my Lagnasthana and thus a propensity to speak the truth and behave dharmical at all costs exist in me. Maybe a recommendation of a Aditya Rudraksha(12 faced) might keep this 'bad quality'(which is of 'tinsel' use in this Kaliyuga!

Please see the photo below.

One site is propogating this dress as a panacea for all ills.One posting, long time ago, I made a comment that this dress is mentioned in Shiva Maha Purana and that it is most suitable for meditation.However, I must rush to make a mention here again lest I be misquoted, that this dress must be got from beads obtained from one's preceptor or a sanguine source.The dress also does not involve such a 'Bufoonish setup' but with matted hairlocks of the rishis which could accomodate so many rudrakshas but the head dress(which resembles Cleopatra's famous egyptian head gear) is a mere mockery of the intent of the Purana invoking laughter even from Hindus.

When I shoed this dress to my old mother, she said with a twinkle in her eyes, "Maybe they will make soon Rudraksha underwears and you don't go and buy that!". Im sure one day they would start selling that too as per the prediction of my octagonerian mother and tout it as a remedy greater than Viagara to increase sexual frenzies(that would really signal the 'end-of-times' in my eyes!)

In any case, wearing 550 beads on the headgear shown above, does give a sort of dizzy feeling to the head, which might very well be interpreted as "the opening of the Sahasrara"

All these variant products are bought by gullible westerners like you in the name of 'Hinduism'(the word 'Hindu' is a coinage of the Islamic people and I prefer the word 'Vedic religion' for the same).

Rudrakshas do have immense power to change the sadhakas personal cosmognomy.It is a veritable powerhouse of spiritual vibrations and a symbol of affiliation to the Nature and Lord Shiva inherent in nature.

There are various ways in which one can check the authenticity of a rudraksha(and that would be a tome to narrate here in this short posting).

Rudraksha Dharana must engender the following 12 twelve steps, which I have framed from a perusal of various texts, personal experience and advice of sage-like elders.This is not a comprehensive list to say the least:

1. Checking the authenticity of the rudraksha(unless given as a heirloom or by one's precepetor)

2. Checking the prana flow

3. Checking one's horoscope for proper Yogas to wear it and sustain its power

4. Incubatory period of rudraksha wherein each rudraksha is checked for the wearer

5. Rudraksha Shuddhikarana(purifactory ritual for Rudraksha)

6. Energization of the Rudraksha by way of Puja, Mantras and Yantra-sanghamam

7. Checking asterism and proper muhurtha for wearing the rudraksha/rudraksha mala

8. Ascertaining which metal in which the Rudraksha is to be 'cupped' or strung, again as per one's horoscope

9. Following proper rituals, Yamas and Niyamas while wearing and also while not wearing the Rudraksha(in other words, if one removes Rudrakshas and goes to a prostitute house and again wears it, it does not absolve the sin or form an escape route for the wearer)

10. Proper place to keep the rudrakshas while not wearing.

11. Ascertaining which face/mukhi rudraksha is to be worn.

12. Taking care to maintain rudrakshas properly, cleaning it appropriately in a sanctimonious manner and considering it as a potent and 'talking' source of divine power

I feel that these days, lot of karmic exchange takes place and so if one has been beguiled by some snakeoil salesman into buying a rudraksha, one should consider it as bad karma and donate it to some temple or some benevolent organization and pray for a good rudraksha mala to comeby.

May the lessons you have learnt be a guiding light for other members in this forum.

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Sriividya-Tantra , "maggimeegoreng" <galacticraymond wrote:>> Thank you for pointing out some those outrageous and false> claims.> > I've always been doubtful about those claims they make on> their website, and yes they are many other similar websites> selling the same thing using slightly modified advert( or they just> copy the same write up from each other ). > > I think those kind of advert appeals to the modern-western quickfix> fastfood mindset. And sad to say, I've fallen for some of those site> in my earlier days when I was first introduced to the wonderful world> of Hinduism. > > Its only until not long ago I was guided by the grace of Sri Devi> to a deeper understanding her real nature. I was quite a shamed of> myself for falling into the trap of wanting instant results, quick> fixes, and even wearing my rudrakshas to the casino wishing it to> bring me good luck.> > Of course, I lost all the money i brought to the table, and suffered> from unstable emotional fluctuation, being stuck in projects and tons> of stressful dreams.> > Lesson learned the hard way, certain spiritual tools such as> yantras and rudrakshas DOES have enormous power but its a double> edge sword if the intention of the owner is of ignorance, impure or> amatuer.> > I'm grateful that now I'm out from the blind leading the blind cult of> those sellers are in. And I'm grateful to your straight & direct reply> to that seller and I hope they will take it seriously and stop> their misleading act ASAP.>