IndiaDivine.org

Subramanya Dattoham Part 4

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear VS,

<<<Some portions of email omitted>>>>

Port Credit Bridge during sunset

It pains my heart to see my country become like this.On a Mississauga bridge in Canada I was crying on Lakeshore Avenue.My salty sad-laden tears fell into the river below and mixed with the freshwater Lake Ontario.

Leave alone Rahu-Kethu, my dear VS.This is our country(Bharath) where millions of Siddhas,Munis and Rishis have walked and continue to walk.My tears might have been foolish as who am I but a drop, like that tear drop in the big Ontario Lake, in the cosmic ocean.

Rahu-Kethu Karakatwa did not leave our own country.Given a chance, I would do certain things like change the name of our country(Astro-numerologically "India" does nothing good). The Di-snake-adhwaryam does not leave even the name.

Fear is one thing respect is another thing.Both are utterly different emotions.Kethu gives chanchalatwam to one's spiritual aspirations.

You might have seen people flitting from one Guru to another, one Goddess to another,one path to another and not really settling in anything.It is onething to experiment with various paths and settle in one chosen powerful path and yet another thing to keep changing one's core spirituality like fashions which keep changing year to year.

Kethu connection?

All this happens because of Kethu.

Kethu makes the native act "without a head"

One person I know came to me with enthusiasm that he was a Srividya Upasaka.He used to come to me with different email IDs asking varied queries and I used to recognize the patterns,typos,grammartical errors,tone in his emails and deduce like Sherlock Holmes that indeed he was the same person emailing me in different garbs.

He used to ask me about various deities, telling one deity is great one time and another deity was great another time.This went on for quite sometime and he was proving to be a 'time-parasite' for me and so I said to him oncee, "You have come in all these emails (and listed his emails) and asked queries on various deities and claim like a multiple-personality-disordered-person that each deity is great in itself.Are you testing me? If so, Please excuse me, Im not worthy of your tests and my knowledge is poor and I myself am a learner placing toddling steps in spirituality. Whatever I know or find interesting I share with people."

I thought the matter ended there...

One 'blue-moon-day'...

He came to my house somehow.It really surprised me how he found out my address that too in USA!! I guess if he wants to he would find even Osama Bin laden!!

He accosted me and said that he loved my postings and other "assorted stuff".I never understood what he meant by "other assorted stuff"(Did he mean some smuggling business I was carrying on or some nefarious under world activities?)

Finally, by his unbound grace towards me, he revealed that he was an ardent bhaktha of Amba.I was jubilant and clapped in glee.Atlast, my postings had some effect afterall, I had lured likepiedpiper someone as capricious and knowledgable as him into Amba Upasana and also felt that the elderly looking man was playing with me all the while.Im blessed, I thought as he stroked my head and ruffled my gelled hair(which I had so for a presentation in my B-School)."Gelled hair" who cares?? I was a true Amba Upasaka who has proselytized like these Christians into this sacred path.Glory be to me!!! Halleljuhaaa!

But I was wrong....here goes his Divya-charitra and maybe because of some 'rina'(karmic debt) with him past births, I used to bump into him every now and then quite accidentally!!

I saw him next in Arshavidya,Philadelphia and there he said he was a staunch Shaivite and that except Lord Shiva he prayed no one these days.He was sporting a white tripundra on his dark forehead.The three white marks stood a deep contrast to his black skin and as if taunting me,"Be humble you stupid proselytizer!"

I asked him sobered and humble, "What happened to your Amba devotion?"

He said, "Amba is powerless before Shiva"

Well, I thought,"Shakthi leni Shivamu Shavamu but here He says something different!"

Hmmm, I left it at that.

Few months passed by in the grace of Maheshwara's cool eyed looks from Kailasha.Once I went with my sister after my MBA was over to the local Schenectady temple in Albany,NY.

Lobehold! I later found him in Schenectady temple,NY, chanting Vishnu Sahasranama with a full Namam!!! I was surprised and rather taken aback and asked him, "What happened to your Shuddha Shaivam?"

He replied, "Shivaaaya Vishnuroopaya Shivarooopaya....." And then He smiled condescendingly at me and said, "My child, Vishnu alone gives Moksha, Shiva gives just Saannidhya and thus Shiva is inferior.Iam graduating in my bhakthi and thus all these jumps in my spirituality"

Yes, I could relate to the pressures of graduating.I had just then completed my MBA in USA amidst great difficulty with a family to juggle,with my assitantships in the college, my Upasana and charitable activities and also a meritorous struggle to retain and further get two more scholarships before convocating in the presence of Bill Clinton to get the coveted American MBAdegree in style before my parents and family.*Phew* it was a struggle, worth mentioning in my personal struggle annals.

I commiserated when he uttered the word "Graduation".Here was my fellow comrade(oops that is an unpolitical term to use in USA), well a friend(ah, this sounds good)

But then few days later in Newyork Vallabha Ganapathy temple, I saw him with a Kumkuma streaked face with the kumkuma flowing on his nose laden with perspiration and he ardently worshipping Ganapathy.

There seemed to be no end to his "graduations"!!

Wow! He was something, I thought.I wanted his horoscope(it was so precious for me, I can never see such a specimen in my lifetime), which I got with little effort as he was also interested to know when he would get Moksha!

I went home and then eagerly did a sphutam of his horoscope with my jyotisha tools software on my laptop and saw his Kethu placement...BINGO!! My suspicion was right. I found out the reason for his antics.So, I told my wife, "See, the Kethu and also the Kethu Prathyaanthara dasha changes next week 17th and this person will change a god and deducing the effect of Rahu and Surya, I said ...mostly an ugra male deity this time"

My wife disagreed.We had a small wager and the one who won had to cook a delectable dish.My favourite was Beerakkayi Pappu with Tomato Majjiga Pulusu.My wife's was my Capsicum Biryani with Jasmine rice.

On 17th I emailed him and he emailed me pronto next day.

Jaya Veerabhadra!

He said, "Dont disturb me for a few days with your emails(look at that!)... Im doing Veerabhadra Upasana, it protects me from all evil planets and my Kalasarpa dosham and Im right now in Veerabhadra Deeksha.I will email you why I changed from Ganapathy(who is now weak these days anyways)(sic) to Veerabhadra this weekend"

After a good meal of Beerakkaayi Pappu with rice and Tomato Majjiga Pulusu

....burp!!....I still remember my mini-victory, else I would have cringed to do the Capsicum Biryani, for once Surya, the Astrodeity incharge of correct astrological predictions did not desert me.

I called him on Monday and he had his usual story.

The deity grew weak, this deity grew in power, this deity is more powerful than that deity because of this, ...that,etc

Atlast as an epilogue to his Divyaleelamrutha-charitra, I found him in our very own Chennai.He had a book by UG Krishnamurthi and said to me smiling, "All is maya, There is no God, just me"

I wanted to roll on the floor laughing with my belly thrown upwards but somehow I maintained my dignity and poise and excused myself from him unable to supress my laughter but before I left I managed to say to him, "At least stick this "me-god" permanently".

Its been ages since I saw him and maybe next month if I bump into him again he would be sitting in some Isckon temple dancing to glory.

I really appreciate his verve,energy and enthusiasm at age 55 for all these.However, I do pity him too as no real spiritual progress would me made by him.He becomes just a farce before all.

Lifeisajoke.com! Thismanisajoke.com!!

Kethu no doubt is Mokshakaraka but if malefically placed it makes a person go bonkers in spirituality.And the solution is not wear ---cats eye, donate Ulavalu...blah blah...what is needed is a proper remedial measure astrologically noting many factors.

Maybe he is the inspiration for the latest movie "Naan Kadavul", Bless Him!

There are many methods of alleviating Kethu Peeda(affliction).Kethu Kala Deepam is one of the unique remedies available.

Every Graha has a time allotted every day for it to rule.There is a hora time for Sun,Moon,Mars(Kuja),Mercury(Budha),Jupiter(Guru),Venus(Shukra) and Saturn(Shani).This Hora time is also ascribed for Rahu and that is what we know popularly/notoriously as Rahukalam.

Some people worship Durgambika during Rahu-Kalam in inverted lemon rinds filled with Ghee.The Shastra Pramana for this, I do not know but this has been like a cultural more atleast in Tamizhnadu and Andhrapradesh.

In Andhra, I have seen ladies doing Rahu Kala Deepa Puja for Kanakadurgamma Thalli.

As belief, so the result.Shastras are very strict.Etymologically, the word "Shaastra" comes from the word "Shastra"(note the deergha difference "aa")."Shastra" means an instrument meant for cutting,piercing and causing pain for the good. "Shastrachikitsa" or surgical-healing/surgical operation, medically, has come from that word."Shaastras" are scriptures or injunctions given by Rishis or Munis of yore, who have meditatively and experientially written and coded many things for our benefit.They do cause us pain(for the good), we are jolted by them and their 'cutting statements', we are thrown out of our comfort zones and yet it does good for us.

However, not all can be strictly seen with Shaastra Pramaana.There are certain beliefs or mores or customs which are in place yet they induce belief in a supreme power or a higher source. I see nothing wrong in following them as long as they are beneficial.

Rahu Kaaladeepam is something which I personally found to be beneficial, rather than discussing the merits or demerits of the Pramaana behind it."Just do it"(Nike slogan) applies to certain cases like this.Maybe I can say, "Just do it and see if it works" can be taken as a thumb rule after a due amount of caution and deliberation.(Yes, I know the stance sounds oxymoronic...Just do it but think first, eh?)

In the same vein, Kethu Kaala Deepam provides very good benefits for people afflicted by Kethu related problems.This is not something which is popularly known.In the Panchaangam one must see what is the 'Durmuhurtha' for the day and that day is the Kethupaalitha-samayam(The time ruled by Kethu-Chaya-Graham).

The Niyantranaa Devatha for Kethu is Mahaganapathy.Thus, Kethu Kaala Deepam is to be lit before Lord Ganapathy.This removes major hurdles on a day-to-day basis levied by Kethu Graha.

This must done especially on Sundays and Wednesdays.Make sure that the Lamp is placed neatly on Garika or Dharbha grass.Lord Ganapathy likes neatness very much and so make sure not to make a mess with oil.(This does not mean other deities are slack!)

Infact, there is even a Kethu Kaal Deepaaradhana Pooja Paddhathi for Lord Ganapathy and if this is done by people who are in Kethu Dasha, Kethu Antardasha, Kethu Prathyantharadasha or malefic Kethu placement then it gives excellent results.

Yesterday one friend of mine who had come to visit me from Coimbatore, was saying he was doing Chaturaavruthy Tarpanam for Ganapathy.I enquired that day itself with my Gurunathar details about it as my wife too is running Kethudasha.Better to ask for a practical procedure from Him than get knowledge from the tomes of books I have.

Each deity has a chosen and loving (Priya) path of worship

Surya--Namaskara

Vishnu--Alankaara

Shiva--Abhisheka

Devi--Archana

Karthaveeraarjuna and Dattatreya---Mantra Japa

Grahas--Daanaa(charity)

Gayathri Devi--Pranayama

Saraswathy--Dandakam

Subramanya Swamy--Sarpaarchana,Nagasambandhitha Vasthu(snake related items)

Sarpadevathas--Milk(some say erroneously eggs too but Kethu will increase the maleficity when eggs are placed near snakes and eaten by them)

Rama--Parayana

Hanuman---Namasmarana

Krishna--Bhajanam

Vyasa--Kathaashravanam

&

Ganapathy---Tarpana(or water libation)

Thus Ganapathy loves Tarpana form of Archana.Chaturavruthy Tarpanam forms an integral part of Kethu oriented remedial measure.For one Mandala with only cow's milk one must do Chaturaavruthy Tarpana for Lord Ganesha.

However, one must have had Ganesha Mantropadesham for this and if one does not have then one must call upon a priest having such a mantropadesha and then get it performed while attending, in person, upon the ritual with bhakthi and shraddha.

If you are able to this for one Mandala this Tarpanam, do daily the Kethu Deepa Archana for Ganapathy and recite Ganapathy Sankata Harana Stotram, I see a major relief from Kethu related problems affecting your horoscope.

You might also try adorning your forehead with Nagasindhooram, used in Sarpatantras.This Nagasindhooram is a powder which is made of Maaredu,Gandha(sandalwood),Sanjeevi,Bhoorjapatra,Ratnapurusha(its an aphrodisiacal herb from which the famous aphrodisiacal Ratnapurusha lehyam is prepared),Rudrajada,Devadaaru,Maaredu fruits,Copra(dried coconut),Chendra bark,etc are mixed and then all these are then done homam/havan with cow's ghee and then ordinary sindhooram is mixed with the Homa-bhasma(the sacred-ashes of the fire ceremony) and the homam is done for Sarpa(snake deities), Rahu,kethu and Subramanya.

This divine concoction is called Nagasindhuram.I do not know whether the popular brands available in Andhra(where it is really famous) adhere to the ritualistic procedure mentioned above by me.However, I will try to procure you from one source I know, though they have stopped producing it because of their dire financial straits.Goodness is disappearing these days and commercialization is rampant everywhere!

What else can I advice you? Hmm, ok...listen to Shivatandava stotram daily.

Rest, next email....

(To be continued)

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Dear Sir,

It is a very simple procedure.

It can be done daily during Durmuhurtham(You have to check the daily

almanac for this) or atleast perform it during Sundays and Wednesdays.

The most important thing is lighting the lamp during the time before a

Ganapathy idol(preferably Shwethaarka Ganapathy)

Then do Guruvandanam, Shuklaambaradharam and then Achamanam

Then Bhuthocchatanam,Pranyamam and Vishesha sankalpam(for whatever

problem you are facing), Then if possible a small kalasha can be placed

before the deepa filled with water and then Kalasha-sthapanam and

Kalashaaradhanam can be performed for more effective results.Then do an

Deepaavahanam of Ganapathy into the lamp, then offer

Aasanam,Paadyam,Arghyam,Achamanam,Snanam(Shuddhodhaka),Vastram,Yajnopave\

etham,Sreegandham,Aabharanam,Pushpam and Doorvaankura

Samarpanam(offering the Doorvagrass), then do the Ganapathy Archana with

any Ganesha Ashottaram, offer Dhoopam(preferably

Nagachampa),Deepam,Naivedyam,Tambulam,Neerajanam and then finish off

with Mantrapushpam.

Then do an Aathmapradakshinam and recite Kshamapraarthana and then a

Parayana of Sankata Harana Ganapathy Stotram.

You can get all the above in any Ganapathy Puja booklet available in

market.Nothing special or rare about it.But I have given you the

essential items to do.

When offering Vasthram offer a multi-colored vasthram to the Ganapathy

prathima you have.Multi-colored refers to Kethu Graha.Aabharanam if

possible can be something made out of cat's eye gem stone.

For Archana you may use Nagasindhuram or Gannera Puvvulu/flowers('Arali'

in Tamizh)

If you can get Ashtamoolika Thailam use that with Jilledu-veru

Vatthi/wick for lamp(Jilledu means Shwethaarka-root or Arugam-veru in

Tamizh).I think you can procure these easily from Giri-Trading agencies

Mylapore,Chennai.If you are in Andhra from Ganapathy temple in

Secunderabad.

Even if you cannot procure all these items or do a full fledged worship,

lighting the lamp before Ganesha and chanting Sankata Harana Ganapathy

Stotram will fetch all benefits.

If you are initiated into Srividya, you may do extra rounds of

Srividya-Ganapathy mantra(Lakshmi Ganesha mantra).Ucchistha Ganapathy

Sadhana produces excellent results, however, initiation from a very good

source is a must.Seek Shringeri Mutt for this.My family belongs to

Shringeri Mutt sampradaya and thus Im telling thus,out of childhood

bias, however you may also visit Kanchi Mutt or any other mutt you want

to for Ucchistha Ganesha Upasana Reethi.

Keep reading my postings on the subject and you will gain further

insights in both the 'Snake' grahas.Next posting I will discuss

Nalaaveshti Yogam, Ashubha Karyakramas(inauspicious) which Rahu/Kethu

makes one to do etc and how one must protect oneself into not getting

induced to such acts.

I know though this group is dedicated to Divine Mother, Im talking about

grahas oflate a lot but I promise you benefits would be on the higher

side if one heeds to one's dasha and soem graha remedies.

Srividya Upasana is no doubt highest but before that lot of preparation

is needed.Graha-Upasana in the initial stages provides some clearance of

some obstructions,Karmic retribution and salvation & Mental stability

needed for Devi-Upasana(bereft of which one might go insane or die).

I would soon post a series of posting dedicated to the story of

Lalithambika.Read that too for your Grahabadhas and it will do you a lot

of good.

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Srividya-Tantra , MADABHUSHI JAYARAJAN

<madabhushis wrote:

>

> Jaya Guru Datta Sree Guru Datta

>

> Dear Shree Ram Garu,

>

> I read your valuable message regarding Kethu Kala Deepa Puja. Now I am

in

> Kethu Dasa - in my horoscope ketu is in 2nd place from my rasi tula (

> vrischika) with guru retrogade. I am 62 years. Swati Star. Can you

suggest

> me how to perform the Kethu Deepa Puja and time on Sunday and

Wednesday.

>

> Regards

>

> Jayarajan

>

>

>

>

> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Group Owner para_anuloma wrote:

>

> > Dear VS,

> >

> > <<<Some portions of email omitted>>>>

> >

> >

> > Port Credit Bridge during sunset

> >

> > It pains my heart to see my country become like this.On a

Mississauga

> > bridge in Canada I was crying on Lakeshore Avenue.My salty sad-laden

tears

> > fell into the river below and mixed with the freshwater Lake

Ontario.

> >

> > Leave alone Rahu-Kethu, my dear VS.This is our country(Bharath)

where

> > millions of Siddhas,Munis and Rishis have walked and continue to

walk.My

> > tears might have been foolish as who am I but a drop, like that tear

drop in

> > the big Ontario Lake, in the cosmic ocean.

> >

> >

> >

> > Rahu-Kethu Karakatwa did not leave our own country.Given a chance, I

would

> > do certain things like change the name of our

country(Astro-numerologically

> > " India " does nothing good). The Di-snake-adhwaryam does not leave

even the

> > name.

> >

> > Fear is one thing respect is another thing.Both are utterly

different

> > emotions.Kethu gives chanchalatwam to one's spiritual aspirations.

> >

> > You might have seen people flitting from one Guru to another, one

Goddess

> > to another,one path to another and not really settling in

anything.It is

> > onething to experiment with various paths and settle in one chosen

powerful

> > path and yet another thing to keep changing one's core spirituality

> > fashions which keep changing year to year.

> >

> > Kethu connection?

> >

> > All this happens because of Kethu.

> >

> >

> > Kethu makes the native act " without a head "

> > One person I know came to me with enthusiasm that he was a Srividya

> > Upasaka.He used to come to me with different email IDs asking varied

queries

> > and I used to recognize the patterns,typos,grammartical errors,tone

in his

> > emails and deduce like Sherlock Holmes that indeed he was the same

person

> > emailing me in different garbs.

> >

> > He used to ask me about various deities, telling one deity is great

one

> > time and another deity was great another time.This went on for quite

> > sometime and he was proving to be a 'time-parasite' for me and so I

said to

> > him oncee, " You have come in all these emails (and listed his

emails) and

> > asked queries on various deities and claim like

> > a multiple-personality-disordered-person that each deity is great in

> > itself.Are you testing me? If so, Please excuse me, Im not worthy of

your

> > tests and my knowledge is poor and I myself am a learner placing

toddling

> > steps in spirituality. Whatever I know or find interesting I share

with

> > people. "

> >

> > I thought the matter ended there...

> >

> > One 'blue-moon-day'...

> >

> > He came to my house somehow.It really surprised me how he found out

my

> > address that too in USA!! I guess if he wants to he would find even

Osama

> > Bin laden!!

> >

> > He accosted me and said that he loved my postings and other

" assorted

> > stuff " .I never understood what he meant by " other assorted

stuff " (Did he

> > mean some smuggling business I was carrying on or some nefarious

under world

> > activities?)

> >

> > Finally, by his unbound grace towards me, he revealed that he was an

ardent

> > bhaktha of Amba.I was jubilant and clapped in glee.Atlast, my

postings had

> > some effect afterall, I had lured likepiedpiper someone as

capricious and

> > knowledgable as him into Amba Upasana and also felt that the elderly

looking

> > man was playing with me all the while.Im blessed, I thought as he

stroked my

> > head and ruffled my gelled hair(which I had so for a presentation in

my

> > B-School). " Gelled hair " who cares?? I was a true Amba Upasaka who

has

> > proselytized like these Christians into this sacred path.Glory be to

me!!!

> > Halleljuhaaa!

> >

> > But I was wrong....here goes his Divya-charitra and maybe because of

some

> > 'rina'(karmic debt) with him past births, I used to bump into him

every now

> > and then quite accidentally!!

> >

> > I saw him next in Arshavidya,Philadelphia and there he said he was a

> > staunch Shaivite and that except Lord Shiva he prayed no one these

days.He

> > was sporting a white tripundra on his dark forehead.The three white

marks

> > stood a deep contrast to his black skin and as if taunting me, " Be

humble you

> > stupid proselytizer! "

> >

> > I asked him sobered and humble, " What happened to your Amba

devotion? "

> >

> > He said, " Amba is powerless before Shiva "

> > Well, I thought, " Shakthi leni Shivamu Shavamu but here He says

something

> > different! "

> >

> > Hmmm, I left it at that.

> >

> > Few months passed by in the grace of Maheshwara's cool eyed looks

from

> > Kailasha.Once I went with my sister after my MBA was over to the

local

> > Schenectady temple in Albany,NY.

> > Lobehold! I later found him in Schenectady temple,NY, chanting

Vishnu

> > Sahasranama with a full Namam!!! I was surprised and rather taken

aback

> > and asked him, " What happened to your Shuddha Shaivam? "

> >

> > He replied, " Shivaaaya Vishnuroopaya Shivarooopaya..... " And then He

smiled

> > condescendingly at me and said, " My child, Vishnu alone gives

Moksha, Shiva

> > gives just Saannidhya and thus Shiva is inferior.Iam graduating in

my

> > bhakthi and thus all these jumps in my spirituality "

> >

> > Yes, I could relate to the pressures of graduating.I had just then

> > completed my MBA in USA amidst great difficulty with a family to

juggle,with

> > my assitantships in the college, my Upasana and charitable

activities and

> > also a meritorous struggle to retain and further get two more

scholarships

> > before convocating in the presence of Bill Clinton to get the

coveted

> > American MBAdegree in style before my parents and family.*Phew* it

was a

> > struggle, worth mentioning in my personal struggle annals.

> >

> > I commiserated when he uttered the word " Graduation " .Here was my

fellow

> > comrade(oops that is an unpolitical term to use in USA), well a

friend(ah,

> > this sounds good)

> >

> > But then few days later in Newyork Vallabha Ganapathy temple, I saw

him

> > with a Kumkuma streaked face with the kumkuma flowing on his nose

laden with

> > perspiration and he ardently worshipping Ganapathy.

> >

> > There seemed to be no end to his " graduations " !!

> >

> > Wow! He was something, I thought.I wanted his horoscope(it was so

precious

> > for me, I can never see such a specimen in my lifetime), which I got

with

> > little effort as he was also interested to know when he would get

Moksha!

> >

> > I went home and then eagerly did a sphutam of his horoscope with my

> > jyotisha tools software on my laptop and saw his Kethu

placement...BINGO!!

> > My suspicion was right. I found out the reason for his antics.So, I

told my

> > wife, " See, the Kethu and also the Kethu Prathyaanthara dasha

changes next

> > week 17th and this person will change a god and deducing the effect

of Rahu

> > and Surya, I said ...mostly an ugra male deity this time "

> >

> > My wife disagreed.We had a small wager and the one who won had to

cook a

> > delectable dish.My favourite was Beerakkayi Pappu with Tomato

Majjiga

> > Pulusu.My wife's was my Capsicum Biryani with Jasmine rice.

> >

> > On 17th I emailed him and he emailed me pronto next day.

> >

> > Jaya Veerabhadra!

> >

> > He said, " Dont disturb me for a few days with your emails(look at

> > that!)... Im doing Veerabhadra Upasana, it protects me from all evil

planets

> > and my Kalasarpa dosham and Im right now in Veerabhadra Deeksha.I

will email

> > you why I changed from Ganapathy(who is now weak these days

anyways)(sic) to

> > Veerabhadra this weekend "

> >

> > After a good meal of Beerakkaayi Pappu with rice and Tomato Majjiga

Pulusu

> > ...burp!!....I still remember my mini-victory, else I would have

cringed to

> > do the Capsicum Biryani, for once Surya, the Astrodeity incharge of

correct

> > astrological predictions did not desert me.

> >

> > I called him on Monday and he had his usual story.

> >

> > The deity grew weak, this deity grew in power, this deity is more

powerful

> > than that deity because of this, ...that,etc

> >

> > Atlast as an epilogue to his Divyaleelamrutha-charitra, I found him

in our

> > very own Chennai.He had a book by UG Krishnamurthi and said to me

smiling,

> > " All is maya, There is no God, just me "

> >

> > I wanted to roll on the floor laughing with my belly thrown upwards

but

> > somehow I maintained my dignity and poise and excused myself from

him unable

> > to supress my laughter but before I left I managed to say to him,

" At least

> > stick this " me-god " permanently " .

> >

> >

> >

> > Its been ages since I saw him and maybe next month if I bump into

him again

> > he would be sitting in some Isckon temple dancing to glory.

> >

> > I really appreciate his verve,energy and enthusiasm at age 55 for

all

> > these.However, I do pity him too as no real spiritual progress would

me made

> > by him.He becomes just a farce before all.

> >

> > Lifeisajoke.com! Thismanisajoke.com!!

> >

> > Kethu no doubt is Mokshakaraka but if malefically placed it makes a

person

> > go bonkers in spirituality.And the solution is not wear ---cats eye,

donate

> > Ulavalu...blah blah...what is needed is a proper remedial measure

> > astrologically noting many factors.

> >

> > Maybe he is the inspiration for the latest movie " Naan Kadavul " ,

Bless Him!

> >

> > ------------------------------

> > There are many methods of alleviating Kethu Peeda(affliction).Kethu

Kala

> > Deepam is one of the unique remedies available.

> >

> > Every Graha has a time allotted every day for it to rule.There is a

hora

> > time for

Sun,Moon,Mars(Kuja),Mercury(Budha),Jupiter(Guru),Venus(Shukra) and

> > Saturn(Shani).This Hora time is also ascribed for Rahu and that is

what we

> > know popularly/notoriously as Rahukalam.

> >

> >

> >

> > Some people worship Durgambika during Rahu-Kalam in inverted lemon

rinds

> > filled with Ghee.The Shastra Pramana for this, I do not know but

this has

> > been like a cultural more atleast in Tamizhnadu and Andhrapradesh.

> >

> > In Andhra, I have seen ladies doing Rahu Kala Deepa Puja for

Kanakadurgamma

> > Thalli.

> >

> > As belief, so the result.Shastras are very strict.Etymologically,

the word

> > " Shaastra " comes from the word " Shastra " (note the deergha difference

> > " aa " ). " Shastra " means an instrument meant for cutting,piercing and

causing

> > pain for the good. " Shastrachikitsa " or surgical-healing/surgical

operation,

> > medically, has come from that word. " Shaastras " are scriptures or

injunctions

> > given by Rishis or Munis of yore, who have meditatively and

experientially

> > written and coded many things for our benefit.They do cause us

pain(for the

> > good), we are jolted by them and their 'cutting statements', we are

thrown

> > out of our comfort zones and yet it does good for us.

> >

> > However, not all can be strictly seen with Shaastra Pramaana.There

are

> > certain beliefs or mores or customs which are in place yet they

induce

> > belief in a supreme power or a higher source. I see nothing wrong in

> > following them as long as they are beneficial.

> >

> > Rahu Kaaladeepam is something which I personally found to be

beneficial,

> > rather than discussing the merits or demerits of the Pramaana behind

> > it. " Just do it " (Nike slogan) applies to certain cases like

this.Maybe I can

> > say, " Just do it and see if it works " can be taken as a thumb rule

after a

> > due amount of caution and deliberation.(Yes, I know the stance

sounds

> > oxymoronic...Just do it but think first, eh?)

> >

> > In the same vein, Kethu Kaala Deepam provides very good benefits for

people

> > afflicted by Kethu related problems.This is not something which is

popularly

> > known.In the Panchaangam one must see what is the 'Durmuhurtha' for

the day

> > and that day is the Kethupaalitha-samayam(The time ruled by

> > Kethu-Chaya-Graham).

> >

> >

> >

> > The Niyantranaa Devatha for Kethu is Mahaganapathy.Thus, Kethu Kaala

Deepam

> > is to be lit before Lord Ganapathy.This removes major hurdles on a

> > day-to-day basis levied by Kethu Graha.

> >

> > This must done especially on Sundays and Wednesdays.Make sure that

the Lamp

> > is placed neatly on Garika or Dharbha grass.Lord Ganapathy likes

neatness

> > very much and so make sure not to make a mess with oil.(This does

not mean

> > other deities are slack!)

> >

> > Infact, there is even a Kethu Kaal Deepaaradhana Pooja Paddhathi for

Lord

> > Ganapathy and if this is done by people who are in Kethu Dasha,

Kethu

> > Antardasha, Kethu Prathyantharadasha or malefic Kethu placement then

it

> > gives excellent results.

> >

> > Yesterday one friend of mine who had come to visit me from

Coimbatore, was

> > saying he was doing Chaturaavruthy Tarpanam for Ganapathy.I enquired

that

> > day itself with my Gurunathar details about it as my wife too is

running

> > Kethudasha.Better to ask for a practical procedure from Him than get

> > knowledge from the tomes of books I have.

> >

> > Each deity has a chosen and loving (Priya) path of worship

> >

> > Surya--Namaskara

> > Vishnu--Alankaara

> > Shiva--Abhisheka

> > Devi--Archana

> > Karthaveeraarjuna and Dattatreya---Mantra Japa

> > Grahas--Daanaa(charity)

> > Gayathri Devi--Pranayama

> > Saraswathy--Dandakam

> > Subramanya Swamy--Sarpaarchana,Nagasambandhitha Vasthu(snake related

items)

> > Sarpadevathas--Milk(some say erroneously eggs too but Kethu will

increase

> > the maleficity when eggs are placed near snakes and eaten by them)

> > Rama--Parayana

> > Hanuman---Namasmarana

> > Krishna--Bhajanam

> > Vyasa--Kathaashravanam

> >

> > &

> > Ganapathy---Tarpana(or water libation)

> >

> >

> >

> > Thus Ganapathy loves Tarpana form of Archana.Chaturavruthy Tarpanam

forms

> > an integral part of Kethu oriented remedial measure.For one Mandala

with

> > only cow's milk one must do Chaturaavruthy Tarpana for Lord Ganesha.

> >

> > However, one must have had Ganesha Mantropadesham for this and if

one does

> > not have then one must call upon a priest having such a

mantropadesha and

> > then get it performed while attending, in person, upon the ritual

with

> > bhakthi and shraddha.

> >

> > If you are able to this for one Mandala this Tarpanam, do daily the

Kethu

> > Deepa Archana for Ganapathy and recite Ganapathy Sankata Harana

Stotram, I

> > see a major relief from Kethu related problems affecting your

horoscope.

> >

> >

> > You might also try adorning your forehead with Nagasindhooram, used

in

> > Sarpatantras.This Nagasindhooram is a powder which is made of

> > Maaredu,Gandha(sandalwood),Sanjeevi,Bhoorjapatra,Ratnapurusha(its an

> > aphrodisiacal herb from which the famous aphrodisiacal Ratnapurusha

lehyam

> > is prepared),Rudrajada,Devadaaru,Maaredu fruits,Copra(dried

coconut),Chendra

> > bark,etc are mixed and then all these are then done homam/havan with

cow's

> > ghee and then ordinary sindhooram is mixed with the Homa-bhasma(the

> > sacred-ashes of the fire ceremony) and the homam is done for

Sarpa(snake

> > deities), Rahu,kethu and Subramanya.

> >

> > This divine concoction is called Nagasindhuram.I do not know whether

the

> > popular brands available in Andhra(where it is really famous) adhere

to the

> > ritualistic procedure mentioned above by me.However, I will try to

procure

> > you from one source I know, though they have stopped producing it

because of

> > their dire financial straits.Goodness is disappearing these days and

> > commercialization is rampant everywhere!

> >

> > What else can I advice you? Hmm, ok...listen to Shivatandava stotram

daily.

> >

> > Rest, next email....

> >

> > (To be continued)

> >

> > Yours Yogically,

> > *Shreeram Balijepalli*

> > **

> > *Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!*

> > *Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam*...

> >

> >

> > Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Dear Jag Sir,

I would be happy to meet you during this week for sure.We can meet

either in Ayodhya Mandapam or Murugaashramam.

Coming to your query:

Rudraksha contrary to what many write, does not need any purification

as it is the very form of Lord Shiva.What is needed

is 'selection'more than purification.

One must 'select' beads properly and how their static energy makes

them turn, whether they are of high and original quality,etc

Ofcourse, purificatory rituals have been mentioned and it depends on

what kind of Rudraksha beads you possess.Also most ofthe sites which

sell Rudraksha quote some Purana or scripture

(Rudrakshajabalopanishad) to state that they alone know how

to " purify " a Rudraksha and that without their purificatory ritual it

is a mere piece of wood.All of this is distilled kibosh, to say the

least.

Rudraksha is verily the form of Lord Shiva and what purification can

you do to Lord Shiva?

If it is the popular 5 faced or 6 faced Rudraksha Mala.

You may follow this to intensify(this would be the right term to use)

its power by pleasing the Lord by the show of respect toward the

sacred beads:

1. Since you reside in Chennai, you may take it to some powerful

Shiva Temple, say Kapaleeshwara Kovil and then ask the priest to do

Vibhuthi Archana on the beads placing them on the linga to the

accompaniment of Shree-Rudram.(If not Kapaleeshwara Kovil some small

Shiva temple)

2. If possible the Rudraksha Mala can be placed on a linga and then

Mahanyasam/Rudrabhishekam can be done with Ganges water.

3. For 5 faced Rudrakshas--OM NAMAH SHIVAAYA SHIVAAYA NAMA OM should

be used as a mantra to perform Vibhuthi archana(at home) after steps

1 and 2 or either one has been performed.Do this Archana for 1008

times with a sincere appeal to Lord Shiva that the Rudrakshas should

connect your heart to His.

4. The mala which is worn should not be used for japa and viceversa.

Normally, purificatory ritual is done for Malas which are worn

because Japa Malas are normally obtained as a sacred gift from elders

of the house(Vamshapaaramparyam) or from one's preceptor

(Gurupaaramparyam) and not from websites.Already the elders/Guru

would have done considerable Japa on the beads and they gift not just

rudraksha beads but a significant amount of the inherent mantric aura

and power alongwith the Malas.

5. Normally Puja to Rudraksha is traditionally done with

Panchamrutham,Panchagavya ghritam(Panchagavyam),cow's milk,honey,curd

and Ganga Jalam.

After washing the Rudraksha Mala in Ganga Jalam, one says the

Sadyojaatha mantra and then applied Srichandanam, Ashtagandham and

Saffron(Kumkuma Poovu)

The Mala is dipped into this Mishrama(mixture of the above

ingredients) for sometimes and the chant of Om Shivaaya Nama Om is

chanted for 108 times.

Then the bead is taken out whilst chanting the following Vaamdev

Mantra:

OM VAMDEVAYA NAMO JYESHTHAAYA NAMAH SHRESHTHAYA NAMO RUDRAAYA NAMAH

KAALAYA NAMAH KALAVIKARANNAAYA NAMO BALAVIKARANAAYA NAMO BALAAYA NAMO

BALA PRAMATHANAAYA NAMO SARVA BHOOTA DAMANAAYA NAMO MANOMANAAYA

NAMAH.

Next the following Aghor Mantra is chanted while offering incense

(Nagachampa, Nagavalli or Champa dhoop):

OM AGHOREBHYO GHOREBHYO GHOR GHOR TAREBHAYA SARVEBHYA SARVA

SHARVVEBHYO NAMASTE ASTU RUDRA ROOPEBHYAH.

After this the Rudraksha is smeared with saffron whilst chanting the

following Tatpurusha Gayathri Mantra:

OM TATPURUSHAAYA VIDMAHE

MAHADEVAAY DHEEMAHI

TANNO RUDRAH PRACHODAYAAT.

Next the following Eeshaana Mantra is chanted on the bead:

OM EESHAANAH SARVAVIDYAANAM EESHWAR SARVABHOOTAANAAM BRAHMAADIPATI

BRAHMANAADHIPATI BRAHMA SHIVOME ASTU SADAA SHIVOM.

Then the specific mantra for that particular mukhi is chanted on the

Rudraksha with Vibhuthi(In case of 5 faced it is Om Nama Shivaaya

Shivaaya Nama Om)

I found the above procedure in a Hindi book on Rudraksha I have but

there is no Shastra Pramana for it as far as I know.

If you notice the mantras have been lifted from Rudram.

If you age permits do this.

----

Sphatika mala can be energized by doing Ambal puja or placing it near

a Srichakram where Puja is being done and blessed by the Upasaka.

----

Hope this helps,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Srividya-Tantra , sadhujag sadhujag

<sadhujag wrote:

>

>

> Hari Om Sir,

>

> Could you please teach me how to purify a rudraksha mala and/or a

sphatika mala. I am 62, content with my sandhyavandhanam and

bhajans and desire no more additional routines.

>

> Hope some day I may have the chance to see you - not to seek any

manthra or astrological prediction but only to convey my regards.

>

> With kind regards,

>

> Jag

>

Dear Raghavendar Garu,

Yes, you are right.Nityotsava, the Srividya manual written by

Bhasuranandanathar's(Bhaskararaya) Shishya, Umanandanathar has an

elaborate procedure for Rudraksha energization in the fourth Patala

(Chapter) and those mantras require Shyamala(Kurukulla) mantra

deeksha and also the Adhikaratwam to perform worship on Kurma Chakra

mentioned in an elaborate fashion in the very same chapter.Also,

Nityotsavam itself is based on Parusurama Kalpataru albeit without

much of a philosophical proclivity.

The Rudraksha energizational procedure is mentioned in it is meant

for advanced practioners of Srividya to be done daily (Nityotsava--

etymologically refers to the daily practice of Srividya though the

primafacie meaning might indicate 'Daily festival').The Rudrakshamala

then takes upon the charecteristic verily of a powerful Yantra.

And more importantly all this has to be got by Gurumukham and since

the person who has requested it has mentioned clearly his inability

to do anything additional to his regular Sandhyavandanam and Bhajans

and needed just a one-time ritual(My assumption) for

the 'purification' of the Rudrakshamala and Sphatikamala,so I gave a

few customs/mores followed for his convinience.It is also not my

intention in this group to bamboozle anyone with Srividya hubris.I

have mentioned the above information based upon an earlier discussion

with my Gurunathar and all mistakes are mine and credits go to Him.

Since you have pointed out this fact,correctly, I have replied back.

Thankyou very much for pointing this out and I bow to the shakthi in

you.

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Srividya-Tantra , raghavender ganti

<rganti9 wrote:

>

>

> Sri Gurubyon Namaha

> The ritual for mala sanskar is written

in Nityotsava of Umanandanatha, and also in some other book dont

recall if it is parashurama kalpasutram or some other recently, you

may refer to that if you need the method for purification as Sri Ram

has conveyed in his message all that is needed for purification, if

the rudrakshas are given by a sat purusha or a guru it need no

purification, but if you buy it get it purified.

>

> Sri Kamakshi

>

>

>

> Srividya-Tantra: sadhujag: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:41:08 -

0800Re: [srividya-Tantra] Subramanya Dattoham Part 4

>

>

>

>

> Hari Om Sir,Could you please teach me how to purify a rudraksha

mala and/or a sphatika mala. I am 62, content with my

sandhyavandhanam and bhajans and desire no more additional routines.

Hope some day I may have the chance to see you - not to seek any

manthra or astrological prediction but only to convey my regards.With

kind regards,Jag

> Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone.

> http://www.windowslive-

hotmail.com/learnmore/versatility.aspx#mobile?

ocid=TXT_TAGHM_WL_HM_versatility_121208

>