IndiaDivine.org

RE: [Shaktheyem] Help can't sleep

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Mr. Pulsani,

A total rehaul of your habits and etching different neural pathways I feel would be the start of the end of your problem. Perhaps, Shakteyem can introduce you to Patanjali's yoga sutras and the practices. Most imprtant of all Eswara pranidhaana.

Yoga is chitta vritti nirodhaha. Investigate that avenue.

Good Luck.

Prema

Shaktheyem From: vpulsaniDate: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:13:42 -0700[shaktheyem] Help can't sleep

I am really having trouble sleeping. I know the problem lies within me and so does the solution. Maybe someone knows how to raise the solution buried in thoughts and vagaries of my mind. I have read quite a few of the postings in our group, meditation, prayer. But can't let my mind stop the non-stop action and most often on nonsensical things, like yesterday night I was replaying American Idol... and I am judging them. I think about things to do, not do my badminton game, my daughters Asthmatic symptoms,my wife, mother, sister,how I am not being spiritual enough. Thankfully I think I don't have alrming personal problems but it is non stop.... If i direct it to something say pleasant memories like my trips to my village paddy and sugar cane fields again mind wanders I think about my mother and how she struggled with us and again needs something else by the end I am exhausted...I pray(I think i do) as a habit. Whom do i Pray? I have the photos of all the deities, whom do I choose ? I like Anjaneya, Shiva, Vishnu,Dattatreya, Vigneshwara, Devi, Sai and the list goes on. Whom should I focus. I recite a small mantra for each as a habit... in the morning evening and night. How can I meditate when my mind is a rat. What to do? still thinking, still wandering...

Tell the whole story with photos, right from your Messenger window. Learn how!

Guest guest

One thing I started to do was to write down list of things I need to do and if those things were bothering me the night before I slept I would write them down too. Sometimes this helps. Prayer will help and sometimes doing japa can be very beneficial. You might want to try winding down a little earlier to relax yourself more. Maybe it would be better not to watch American Idol and other shows in the evening. Also make sure you are not on the computer or watching TV right before bed, that can make it harder to sleep at night. It is better to turn down the lights relax, maybe read a little of something that does not make you think too much. Lavender, Chamomile, Jasmine, Sandalwood oils are helpful too. There are some others that are relaxing as well. You can find lotions that contain one of these and you can find special sprays for the bedroom with these

oils in them. That might help too.

I hope you can calm your mind soon and sleep restfully!--- On Wed, 4/29/09, Venkat Pulsani <vpulsani wrote:

Venkat Pulsani <vpulsani[shaktheyem] Help can't sleepShaktheyem Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009, 12:13 PM

I am really having trouble sleeping. I know the problem lies within me and so does the solution. Maybe someone knows how to raise the solution buried in thoughts and vagaries of my mind. I have read quite a few of the postings in our group, meditation, prayer. But can't let my mind stop the non-stop action and most often on nonsensical things, like yesterday night I was replaying American Idol... and I am judging them. I think about things to do, not do my badminton game, my daughters Asthmatic symptoms,my wife, mother, sister,how I am not being spiritual enough. Thankfully I think I don't have alrming personal problems but it is non stop.... If i direct it to something say pleasant memories like my trips to my village paddy and sugar cane fields again mind wanders I think about my mother and how she struggled with us and again needs something else by the end I am exhausted...I pray(I think i do) as a habit. Whom do i Pray? I

have the photos of all the deities, whom do I choose ? I like Anjaneya, Shiva, Vishnu,Dattatreya, Vigneshwara, Devi, Sai and the list goes on. Whom should I focus. I recite a small mantra for each as a habit... in the morning evening and night. How can I meditate when my mind is a rat. What to do? still thinking, still wandering...

Guest guest

Hi Venkat,

You have very clearly shown that you are bored and need a break. Try to do something that really intrests you, first of all go on holidays, spend a good amount of quality time with your mom, look for the alternatives how you could get her to your place and give her all the luxuries she dint have,give her the best possible care she needs. Try to be more close and share everything with your family, i am sure this gives you a feeling that you are being responsible and you care for them.

second of all, when ever you get some amount of free time, dont land in the field of boredom, try to do something which you allways wanted, anything from sports to reading books, or playing with your daughter to helping your wife in kitchen. anything you do make sure you are enjoying it.

you just told us, you are confused of whom to pray ....at the end of the day, if you are praying Lord Ganesha , Lord Shiva is not going to punish you, just because you are not praying him. I strongly believe there is just one God with many names it could be Shiva, Vishnu, Sri Lalithamba ...... All i suggest is start praying your "estartha daeva" ...be regular in your jappa's and gradually you will improve on your concentration and confidence

Guest guest

Hi,

Sleep problem .......... Easy to solve :

Take up one or more challenges,more than your present capacity

Work like a dog from morning to night

Then you will not find time for speculative thinking,both spiritually and materialistically

Your condition will become " reversed " in a week's time

Just slog it out,and see

Atul Shah

CHARU ENTERPRISE

32,Allenby Road,Kol - 20

M : 99030 62080

M : 92395 28819

charuent2004

charuent2004

--- On Fri, 5/1/09, sowmya ram <sowmyarmohan wrote:

sowmya ram <sowmyarmohanRe: [shaktheyem] Help can't sleepShaktheyem Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 5:21 AM

Hi Venkat,

You have very clearly shown that you are bored and need a break. Try to do something that really intrests you, first of all go on holidays, spend a good amount of quality time with your mom, look for the alternatives how you could get her to your place and give her all the luxuries she dint have,give her the best possible care she needs. Try to be more close and share everything with your family, i am sure this gives you a feeling that you are being responsible and you care for them.

second of all, when ever you get some amount of free time, dont land in the field of boredom, try to do something which you allways wanted, anything from sports to reading books, or playing with your daughter to helping your wife in kitchen. anything you do make sure you are enjoying it.

you just told us, you are confused of whom to pray ....at the end of the day, if you are praying Lord Ganesha , Lord Shiva is not going to punish you, just because you are not praying him. I strongly believe there is just one God with many names it could be Shiva, Vishnu, Sri Lalithamba ...... All i suggest is start praying your "estartha daeva" ...be regular in your jappa's and gradually you will improve on your concentration and confidence