IndiaDivine.org

Clarification on Sandhyavandana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Chivukula Ganesha Sharma Garu,

Many people think Sandhyavandana must be done during the sunset,sunrise and noon times.(Tri-kala sandhyas).

Actually, this is just an external representation.The most important realization is the internal one.

The true meaning is hidden in Shiva-Swarodaya-Shastram, which I had the good fortune to study under the guidance of my father.We have an ancient Telugu text with meanings(Vavilla press-out of print now).The text had many stunning and revelatory information on Swara Yoga.Even Swami Muktibodhananda and recently Swami Sivapriyananda have written books on this Tantrik Breathing exercises.

Sandhya means the inner merging of both the "Swaras"

Na sandhyaa Sandhirithaahuhu Sandhyaa sandhirnigadhyathe'

Vishama: sandhigah: praanaha sa sandhihi sandhiruchyathe'!

Now, my father had a personal consultation with Periyawal of Srimuttam who also confirmed the same.

Yet out of

1. Tradition

2. Self-discipline

3. Ignorance of Swarayoga

we do the sandhyavandana during the tri-kalams.

In addition, one of the most important rituals of Sandhyavandanam involves worshipping the Sun as Mitra in the morning and as Savitar and Surya at noon, and worshipping Varuna, in the evening.Furthermore, Brahmacharis (brahmacÄrin) are required to perform a fire-sacrifice, the Samithadhanam, on the conclusion of the main portion of the Sandhyavandanam

If we adhere to the brahminical dictums,niyamas and purity, then automatically during the trikalas the Shushmna swara starts in our body.

It imaprts Nadi-shuddhatha in the brain.The sadhaka then becomes verily an epitome of God, and whatever He spouts forth becomes Veda.

The real "sandhi" is when irregular pranas flow into the Sushumna and this is the time for Surya-Chintana and self-illumination as any other activity would become ineffective.

Infact, this Swara-Yoga is the secret of my near-accurate astrological predictions.

Swara-Yoga practice would make the sadhaka progress faster than most other sadhakas as He now knows a way to make the swaras flow from one nostril to another.

However, please refrain from practicing it from any and all sundry text available in the market because your brain might get affected(not to mention heart and respiratory problems).Also, this swara yoga must be accompanied by the practice of Hathayoga exercises(atleast simple ones.)I can teach you Hathayoga and Swarayoga when we meet next time.But practice is a must.

There are secretive techniques to it and mostpopular is to use a Yogadanda under the armpit and chant certain mantras to change it.

Infact, I have become "Swara-conscious" these days that I carry with me a small "Yoga-danda"(made out od Devadaaru tree bark) and manipulate the swara in my nostrils to make it shushmnaa and then start the Sandhyavandana.

However, these days, all this knowledge is rare and less practiced even if known.Infact, people have even stopped Tri-kala sandhyavandana and most do only either once or twice a day as possible(and this tribe too is fast declining).

When Sandhyavandana itself is a big deal these days, why talk about rarified topics like Swara Yoga?

I would advice you to continue the practice of Sandhyavandana every day, atleast twice(if doing it in the afternoon is not possible in the office).

Couple it with Medha suktham(for retention,memory and intellect),srisuktham(for prosperity),Ayush suktham(for disease free longlife),bhagya suktham(to change your luck to a good one) to lead a Paripoorna-pakva life.

Sandhyavandana offers the following benefits(if done in the proper way):

1. Creates a knowledge of Swara-aiykyatha

2. Self-discipline and commitment to the path of spirituality

3. Stabilizes nerves in the brain

4. "Mini-Enlightenment" through the constant practice and cultivation of Gayathri(I believe that true enlightenment is possible only through one's Moksha-Guru and is beyond the parochial barriers of mantras and anushtanas)

5. Imparts purity on a day-to-day basis.(Physical,mental,emotional,spiritual,subtle(sookshma),etheric,auric and cosmic)

6. Acts as a protective Kavacha.

7. Gayathri Upasana and Nithya karmas are adhered to properly.

8. Higher practices like Swarayoga and Tantreeka sandhyavandana imparts knowledge of Panchamahatatwas,insight into people and their problems,etc.

All of the supra takes hardly half hour to 45 minutes.I think you can spend every day that much time for your own benefit.

Swarayoga is Tantrikaa-Brain-Breathing science and it has to be done only under guidance.

I recently came across one video on Super Brain Yoga in internet.It is nothing but "Gunjeelu theeyadam"(or in Tamil Thoppukaranam done for Lord Vinayaka) and latest MRI studies done show that it improves brain functioning like never before.

In our households of yore(maybe now no one does it!) we give it as a "punishment" for kids when they misbehave or do not concentrate well on studies.So, there is some reason to it after all!

See the video below:

If a mere Thoppukaranam/Gunjeelu Theeyadam has such a salubrious effect on the brain then think about

1. Swara Yoga

2. Trikala Sandhyavandana

and

3. Tantreeka Sandhyavandana.

What happens when you do all these?:

The brain just energizes itself to divinity!

Jayosthu Sarvamangale'Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...