IndiaDivine.org

Regarding appeal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all,Im thankful to one and all for the instant responses that have been generatedbecause of my appeal posting for help in publishing two books,the drafts for which have been prepared.I have to add here, I'm basically not looking merely for monetary aid but forsome publisher of international repute/contact who can help me publish thisbook.Some suggestions have been proffered thus:1. Why dont you distribute it for free,say a free e-book?2. Why don't you go for Lulu.com?etcI'm aware of Lulu.com and the self publishing scenario very well.Even when I wasgoing to college in America,the librarian there called me for a workshop toarrange for information for the same.However,more than Lulu.com wherein most of the marketing and work is

done by myself, which requires lot of time and patience from my side and both being precious resources at this juncture, Im looking for some litrerary agent type of person of a reputed publication house who can review the books and arrange to get it published.

The books I have to offer:1. Swaprakashananda's history2. Comprehensive treatise on Gayathri and Sandhyaworship(incorporatinginformation about Gayathri Devi,Her Upasana Vidhi,Purana,Vedic connection,modernday scientific findings, sandhyavanadana vidhis of North and southindia)--This, Iplan to take in many volumes.I'm not interested in free distribution.The idea of free distribution looks noble and the right thing to do, primafacie, but it frustrates the intent and purpose, I have in my mind.I have seen what the fate of such freely distributed books are in the hands of people!

One wiseacre I know even uses it as a wedge to prevent the door from slamming hard on a windy day!(No joking matter, this!)On the otherhand, following factors were carefully mulled by me:1. If I distribute it free, all this never-before read or heard information which has beencarefully, over the years, compiled by me after due diligence and research(with proper referencing too);despite my busy career and education schedule, then the tremendous value and the pain undergone, would be lost upon the reader.2. Unless a price is fixed for anything, value is not perceived.If the books are both valuable information-wise and price-wise,people will tend to concentrate on the message.3. Guru Dakshina is taken and allowed for deeksha and suh matters and also must be given as per scriptues and this in tune with the above principles and also a

validation of expression of humility and generosity towards monetary contributions.Both of which will ultimately help the aspirant.4. There are thousands of free e-Books,freebies,litreature on the internet and not many people care a whit about it.

When something is given free there is no value ascribed to it, the general public perception being "Something which is given free is of inferior value"(Though, I personally believe in the axiom: "Best things of life are for free!" but that is mostly in a different context as in mental peace,friendships,nature,etc)5. A good publishing house like say Penguin,Hayhouse Inc.,etc would be a goodglobal platform to spread the message about these two books.I promise the outputwould justify the efforts of the publishing houses to market the same.Thankyou very much.

Any help towards this direction would be gratefully accepted by me.May Jagadambaa's Blessings accrue upon one and all!

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...