IndiaDivine.org

[Shaktheyem] [Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] pooja sankalpam

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Sriramgaru

Hats off to the reply.. I have no words to express my feelings....thanks a ton for clarifying my mistakes.

hope rajarajeswari paradevata would grace me by giving an oppurtunity to meet you while I am in india this september for navaratri.

Regards

Gopala K Talluri When you are DOWN to nothing.... Mother is UP to something! Faith seesthe invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!Thank Mother for our physical AND our spiritual nourishment.

Group Owner <para_anulomaGopala Krishnan <gopalt_qaCc: shaktheyem <Shaktheyem >; dattaatreyem <Dattaatreyem >Friday, 31 July, 2009 3:08:15 PM[shaktheyem] Re: [Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru] Re: pooja sankalpam

Gopala Krishnan Re: [Rajarajeshwari pooja sankalpam]para_anuloma@ .caFriday, July 31, 2009, 12:00 AM

Dear Sriram garu (my avyakta guru ),

I was deputed to USA for a 18 month contract and now I am back to London and not expecting any travel to USA.With reference to below sankalpam which clearly says abt sankalpa vidhi if in USA , I would like to know for UK also. Please tell me what do I need to recite in sandhyavandanam while in UK(london). I came to know Uk comes under shalmali dweepe..please correct me if I am wrong.

Would like to know the below

1)dweepe (shalmali?)

2) Varsha

3)khande

4) mero (?) pradese

thames nadi teere , sobhana gruhe samastha devata brahmana hari hara guru charana sannidau.... ..

Hope I am not annoying u asking this question again...

Jayostu lalite

Gopala

Dear Gopala Krishnanji,

As per its sacred geography, there are seven dvîpas (island regions) in theworld: jambU, plakshA, s'Almali, kus'A, krOunchA, s'AkaAand pushkarA, and theyare surrounded by seven seas: Lavana, Ikshu, Sura, Sarpih, Dadhi, Dugdha andJala.

s'Almali refers to Lemuria,kus' A refers to Atlantis,etc. These are ancient continents/civiliza tions which got lost/submerged/ re-oriented to other land masses(Continental land drift theory).Maybe someone in Australia or Newzealand might be justified a bit in the sankalpa with the germane usance you have mentioned but not Brits or those who reside in England.

Thus, s'Almali cannot be UK.

England used to be called rajatha-dwIpA and s'vetha-dwIpA in Puranic times according to Wilford.

British Isles was called trikUtAchala.

This is very curious and seemingly ingenious explanation because all purAnAs considered islands as peaks of mountains, the lower portions of which got submerged in the oceanic bodies.

The three kUtAs are suvarna kUtA(or suvarna shr.ingA or s'vetha-dwIpA) ,rajatha kUtA(s'vetha- kUtA) and aya kUtA(lOha-shr. ingA), denoting England,Ireland and Scotland (3 main islands) respectively. But this is a clever play by Wilford a British Indologist who wished to place UK in the realms of s'vetha-dwIpA( abode of Lord vis'nU) and also somewhere along the line he places krishna dwIpA(a black hell) with Africa!

(This chicanery of Wilford has been alluded by Helene Petrova Blavatsky in her famous book-"Secret Doctrine.Also Hobson-Jobson dictionary refers to Sumatra/Borneo/ Java islands as suvarnA dwIpA,samudra dvIpA,yava-dvIpA respectively)

{{**This is similar in context to panca'-drAvidA mentioned in pUrAnAs wherein 5 drAvidAs are mentioned as in:drAvida(current tamizh),karnAtaka, tailanga/ trilinga( current Telugu),maharAshtra and gurjarA(gujarAtI, Who later migrated to the north-west from south).Of all these marAthIs and gujarAtIs are no longer considered as dravidAs.}}

The dominant cosmographical conception of the purAnAs sapta-dIvpA vasumatI(Earth containing seven concentric island circles).

1. jambU with sumEru (meru parvatA) in the centre and surrounded by the ocean of lavanA(salt water).

2. plakshA with both lavanA and ikshU(sugarcane juice) oceans.

3. s'Almali with ikshU and SurA(wine)

4. kus'A with surA and ghr.thA(clarified butter/sarpis)

5. krAunchA with sarpis and dhadhi(curds)

6. s'AkA with dhadhi and dhugdha(milk)

7. puskarA with dhugdha and jalA(water)

agnipurAnA(108 1-3) has references to this.It has a spiritual reference within the sAdhakA too.

We have later day interpolations of the original above,which in all probablity referred to inchoatory water bodies or etheric realms with just jambU referring to our planet earth.

In vAyu purAnA we have 4 island coneption as in kurU(or uttara-kurU) (north),jambU( south),ketumAlA( West) and bhadras'vA(West) .This sort of confuses people who reel under current day changing nomenclatures for countries.

It seems originally jambU was divided into 7 vars'As and they are: bhArtha,haimavatha, harI,videhA, ramyakA,hairanya vata and airAvata

s'akA dwIpA commonly held notion which has been researched with various other supporting texts and contextual meanings is current day Iran,kus'A to Egypt and the areas and some to Afghanisthan and Hindu-kush areas.All these are quite confusing.

Varsha means country apart from many other meanings.

All this information has come to me recently and so even USA is not exactly Krauncha DwIpA as many seem to think.I want to know wherefrom all these people got the reference?(Maybe a land which used to have lot of opportunities was referred to as "Land of Dhadhi and Ghrita" -"Land of Curds and Ghee"--someone somewhere made a link and started sying this maybe.With economic recessionary scenario in USA currently, Im sure he/she would change his opinion now!)

Cutting a long story long, you can do the sankalpA as:

jambU dwipE' (Same for USA also and not krAunchA dwIpA as many wrongly ascribe)

AirOpA KhandE' (AamerikA khandE') or amaraka khande' for America)(for Australia/Newzeland --astrAlaya khande'--the place where the missles(astrAs) had been tested for the mahAbhArathA war)

angulisthAna varshe'(England was named "fingerland" when compared to europe as "palmland") or "England varshe' " (America varshe', Australia varshe,etc)

Meror-vaayavya- dis'E'(North- west of Meru Mountain(assumed to be Himalayas) for England)

London mahAnagarE'

Thames mahAnadI thEerE'

swa-gruhE'(or shobhana gruhE')

.....etc

This would be more appropriate than doing a sankalpA for a dwIpA which does not even exist on earth! Yeah, I too used to do krAuncha dwIpA earlier but after careful study of the exact references, I have changed my sankalpA terminology to make it more accurate.I might be perfectly wrong but since I have researched on this quite enough, Im confident and would like to get more views if I have erred somewhere.

This does not mean however, that the older sankalpAs and their results would go a waste, because it was done in pure ignorance of the matter.However, the name of country and city we mention holds ultimate water.Not that the paramam does not know from where we are doing the sAdhanA or sandhyA but it is a ritualistic more which one adheres to uplift the mind and create a sense of importance ascribed to the ritual.

tanmE' manaH: s'iva sankalpamastU!

jaya vishrunkale' !

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.