IndiaDivine.org

s'uka-priyA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear anna,Thanks a LOT for your super fast prompt replies :) I certainly have more to ask & learn from you but i think its unfair if i trouble you by making you type a lot to get things clarified... So please let me know once you're done with your certifications, your convenient time & place I shall be elated and blessed to meet you and enlighten myself through your wisdom :)Thanks for the info on the difference in Lalitha's and RajarAjeshvari's pics. And can you please let me know howcome kAmAkshi's form has a parrot whereas Lalitha or Raja Rajeshwari doesnt ?ThanksGhaneshnis'sams'ayAyai namah!!

Dear Ghanesh Thambi,

I love such interactions but yes as you say, I might not be really regular form now on because of paucity of time.

Who said my Mother doesn't have s'uka-alankaranA*?

(*s'uka-alankaranA=Parrot decoration)

Infact all the forms described below have parrots just that they are not portrayed by the artists due to:

1. Misconceptions

2. Ignorance3. Myths

s'rI kAmAkshI in vInAlankarA(above-most of the two) and dhyAnAlankArA forms.

Forms of Mother(the list is not exhaustive) having parrots:

thiruvidai s'rI bruhath sundara kuchAmbikA

1. kAmakshI(Apparently when tormented by asurAs led by bhaNDAsurA, devAs are said to have performed a penance to appease the Supreme s'aktI in the form of parrots, residing on champaka vrkShas at kAnchI. Pleased with their penance, parAmbA is said to have appeared from her residence in mahAmeru or bilAkAsha through the bila dvAra and destroyed the demons)

2. mInAkshI{There is even a parrot cage mandapA(kizhikUndu mandabam) in the madurai mInAkshI temple,where parrots are trained to chant "mInAkshI" during Unjal sevAi.Infact, more than kAmakshI, mInAkshi is the deity known in tamizhnAdu as the bearer of a shukA(parrot)}

3. abBhirAmI

4. rAjarAjes'varI(s'ukapriya-lover of parrots)

5. shyAmalA

6. mAtangI (lauded as kIra-karA--kIra- meaning parrot and karA as you might be knowing meaning hand)

7. lalitA

8. tripurA

9. sarasvathI--And related incarnations like brAhmI.

10. vAgvAdinI.

11. bAlA

12. akhilAndes'varI

13. s'aradAmbA

14. ChAmudA

15. ardhanArIs'varI

16. Bhuvanes'varI

17. bruhathkuchAmbikA

Green Parrot is representative of:

See parrot perched on s'rI madurAi mInAkshI Amba's right shoulder.

1. Auspiciousness,particularly of vedic chants and power of speech as inherent in nature.(Nature/natural sounds of melluflous nature.)

2. Guidance

3. Knowledge of s'AstrAs and divine wisdom of the vedAs.(s'uka mahAmunI)

4. Beauty

5. Musical ability and interest of Mother(gAna priyA lolinI)

6. Fertility(haritham-green of the parrot)

7. thAlam maintenance when Divine Mother plays her lute or vInA.

8. Of Her love for birds and animals.

(Notice the parrot on the mUla vigrahA of s'rI rajarAjes'varI devI itself wherein the swAmI is placing His right hand)

Esoterically:

Parrot transmutes the spicy chillies which it eats and trasmutes it into a mellufluous voice.It also is indicative of Mother who likes parrot-like yet sweet repetitions of Mother's chants.

However, the parrot destroys the farmer's crops despite being beautiful and the s'AstrAs which are merely parrotted by punditAs are just beautiful to hear but comes only to the bhujA(shoulder) of ambA but not to Her heart.In other words, even if people make mistakes in not showing s'radDHA in learning the meanings of what they do, they still are loved by Mother and She uses them for Her alankArA atleast.(Each being accorded the place they deserve).

rAja s'yAmalA.

Sri Lalitopakhyana, which forms the last segment of this purANa, is verily an exposition of Brahma vidyA, exactly like the Upanishads. s'AstrAs say that "Every Jiva is not capable of climbing the Vedic tree, plucking the fruit, peeling the hard skin and eating the fruit."

Out of compassion for such, Bhagavan Shuka, in the form of a parrot, has ascended the tree, chosen the best fruit or amritha phalA, which grants immortality, struck the fruit with his beak and the result is the flow of nectarine juice from the fruit. All one needs to do is to open one’s mouth with gratitude and drink the blissful nectar called Srimad Bhagavata or s'rI lalitA sahasranAmA.This has been recognized by our sweet Mother and She bears the parrot on Her shoulder too during paripUrna alankaranA during parva-dinAs.

s'rI abHirAmI (Notice the small parrot on Her divine right shoulder?)

kiLiyE, kiLaiNYar manaththE kidanthu kiLarnthu oLirumoLiyE, oLirum oLikku idamE, eNNil onRum illaaveLiyE, veLi mudhal poodhankaL aaki virindha ammE!-aLiyEn aRivu aLaviRku aLavaanadhu adhichayamE.

(aBhirAmi andhAdhi-Verse 16)

Mother Abhirami! Like a parrot you speak beautiful language. You remain as concentration and enlightenment of the minds of your devotees who are your kith and kin. You are the source of light that brightens the world. On deeper scrutiny , it is clear that you are incomparable with your vast cosmos where there is nothing. All the same, it is quite amazing that I am able to realize you with my little knowledge.

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!