have tears of joy in my eyes seeing

different forms of maa.

om shakti

gopal 

On 9/26/09, Group Owner <para_anuloma wrote:

DR.PRASAD P.R.K. <drprkprasad

NAVARATRI " SREERAM BALJEPALLI " <para_anuloma, shreeramb

Saturday, September 26, 2009, 2:45 AM

Dear Shreeram garu,Om SRI MATRE NAMAHA !Why do different temples of DEVI MATA have different forms of alankaram on the same day ?While in Kanaka Durga temple in Vijayawada,it was annapoorna devi it was Gayatri Devi on the same day in another temple in the same town !.All these temples do NOT follow the same alankarams of Amma.Why ? Is it ignorance or arrogance ?

There is a slokam which prescribes the different forms in which the Lordess is to be worshipped on all the 9 days(prathama Saila Putri,dwitiya Brahmacharini ........etc) .Then why all this confusion ?To me it is OK as I see the Lordess SRI VIDYA in all the forms.But I could NOT explain this question posed to me by my daughter !

Please explain.

Dear Prasad Garu,

It is neither ignorance nor arrogance but a matter of tradition.There is nothing inherently wrong in this.It is not always rules,rules and rules which define ambA upAsanA.One's adherence to traditions as much as possible(in kaliyugA total adherence is not possible),love offered at Her feet,sAdhana before the deity,etc are more important that mere ephemeral alankArA.

So, in an ancient temple which houses a deity like kanakadhurgAmbikA or chAmunDes'varI,they might have some tradition,whereas s'rIs'Aila BhramarAmbikA might have another tradition.Both can co-exist harmoniously.After we humans are so many,with so many tastes and likes(even with a family, of the same blood-source),so why cannot our multifarous deities have different forms,alankArAs,guNAs,etc?

Tradition and mores dictate certain things alankArA does not have any mImAnsikA restriction as such much and people are free to indulge in traditional pursuits provided it is decent(Not some glitterati-kind of dresses as the northindians9and now even southindians in USA) put for every other divine function these days with mle'ChA scents(dravyA selection must be according to what the deity likes not some scent/spray like " Poision " !!),not gaudy(to attract attention),holy and done with s'raDdhA and pre'mA.The ultimate objective to induce sathvA and awe for the spledour of dhe'vI.

The navarAthri deities(shAilaputhrI,brahmachArini,etc) which you mention is for durgA dhe'vI form,what about other manifestations of ambA?

Each rUpA has an alankAra-gunA and needs to be respected.We have s'lOkAs for not just dhurgA but every deity for navarAthrI if one sees the agamA texts of temples.Just because dhurgA de'vI is popular and online,does not mean other deities do not have.

Traditionally atleast you cannot use the decorations of dhurgA dhe'vI for s'rIvidhyA deity like rAjarAjes'varI ammavAru.

It is as good as saying, " Lord rAmA and Lord krishnA both emnate from one nArayanA and hence, let me keep a flute on Lord rAmA's lips and a bow in krishnA's hands.There is no Bhe'dhA in murthI,so why in alankArA?Why cannot all be under one roof? "

If someone says thus, it depicts only a lacunae in his or her brain(or in a very rare case, it might be one great yOgI inebriated with love for one particular deity,that He or She sees the deity in all.Such instances are one in a trillion and exceptions never make the rule.).

However,there is a grain of truth in what your daughter said in exasperation.Maybe she did not express it properly.

As a modern youngster I would have asked thus, if you were my father, " Yo!Dad! I see so many temples who, to attract 'customers'(read as: bhakthajanAs),do various marketing stunts in the name of alankArA.One day they put pomegranites on butter coating(proverbial 'icing on the cake?') and call it indrAkshI alankArA,yet another day I see one temple putting all kinds of fruits and vegetables and calling it s'AkamBharI alankArA,Yesterday I saw someone put a veenA(Indian lute) in CHinnamasthA's hands and call it s'yAmalA alankArA.Why the heck to they blare loudspeakers and cryout horrendous songs proclaiming their affiliation for ambA?...What is all this madness Dad? Why has spirituality in temples become a farce? Is this the way to inspire people? I better stick to my girl friend and beautify her,atleast she will be pleased and plant a kiss on me! I care 2 HOOTS(pun intented!) for all this kibosh! "

Maybe you might then tell like a spiritual father should, " This is kaliyugA my boy! Be happy with your girlfriend and when you get sick of her,turn to Mother alone seeking a proper Guru and sAmpradhAyA in a meditative stance not these jokers! kaliyugA is filled with people who are s'is'naudharaparAyanAs(those who are dicated primarly by sexual and digestive organs) and thus predominance is given to lusty-gaudiness neglecting prathima lakshaNA and fruits ane vegetables.Atleast they are doing something according to their individual calibre instead of fighting with each other in the name of caste and creed,so we have to be happy here! "

Maybe you are lucky,Im not your son!

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·» «....Hreem Rajarajeshwari!....»

«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·» 

-- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++TRUTH PATH DESTINATION GOAL REAL ADIGURU  SALVATION KARMA DESTINY AND ALL THAT EXISTS

IS ONLY SUPREME NATURE SUPREME ENERGY DIVINE MOTHER ADI SHAKTI MAHAKAALIMAHALAXMI MAHASARASWATI LALITA TRIPURA SUNDARI KULKUNDALINI PARMESHWARI SHE IS THE ONLY BEING IN EXISTANCE AND WE ARE ALL PART OF HER