IndiaDivine.org

Re:To name or not to name

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Perhaps I am too new (member) to comment on this but my personal feeling is Maa is far far bigger and beyond any human names,when we were in our mother's stomach we had no name but still Maa was showering her blessings on us,think again!

regards

Aksha Rudra.

---------

Dear AkshaRudra,

Thankyou for your candid views on my name-dilemma.

Yes, Ma is bigger than numerology but then there is an effect of shabdabrahman too.

Ma Herself is represented as mAthrukA aksharAs.The srIchakrA is worshipped with various beejAs and veda mantrAs too.If sounds did not have any importance, Ma would have said, "Child just take my name and keep doing pUjA to my chakrA by throwing flowers".There would be no need for mudras and mantras too by the same extension of logic.Ma is greater than mudras and mantras too.

However, there is something called Nature and Nature in the nirgunAkArA does an athikramanA(surpassing) Ma too.Ma Herself is a product of this nirgunA and we are all going in a big journey toward this big nirgunA.However, nirgunA needs th prop of sagunA(with form),infact the very word "nirgunA" is a sagunic interpretation of something nameless and formless,dont you agree?

shabdA brahman affecs the way people think of you.

The moment someone thinks of you as "AkshaRudra" they automatically get a grid open in them mentally.The more number of grids which open thus in not only their minds but also your own mind affects to a great part your destiny,for the better or for the worse.

Just that,this is a divine science and needs respect, attention and effort to come with a proper name for a human to aid in the soul's evolvement.Many numerologists have made it into a money-minting business by quoting exhorbitant rates,TV latenight Ads and what not.This is debasing Ma and Her domain of such intuitive sciences.

All these shabdabrAhman's vibrations were carefully recorded by maharishIs like parAsarA,kakabhujangA,etc.They themselves were upAsakAs of the highest order and never said,"Please follow the upasanA devatA alone, not astrological or numerological recommendations".Infact, their genius in such intuitive sciences like astrology,numerology,etc is beyond comparision.

When we were in the womb we had no names,true.But we had a destiny to fulfill.Also, these days parents conduct various tests and come out with the sex of the baby(maybe banned in India now) and name their children even before they are born.Ma writes the destiny and the name of the child even when he or she is in the womb.Ofcourse, ina greater plan of destiny,everything is pre-ordained including our naming by our fathers and mothers.We think, our parents keep our names,but then it is already predestined.

But this predestiny should not become a source of our complacency.This is really subtle to understand.

One must still exercise what it takes for the amelioration constantly(like a personal-Kaizen philosophy.)

One need not be ashamed of it.

It is our personal shame based on the general material prosperity which we see around us and the awe of the Westerners who have knowingly or unknowingly spoilt,damaged,whatever you might call,such ancient wisdom and we youngsters trying to ape them into being modern,hep,etc and going with flow which creates such doubts.And this would mean(according to these youngsters) discrading our ancient Vedic wisdom without thinking twice.

One can be modern and yet retain the Vedic wisdom.

One can be hep and yet practice yogA and other sAdhanAs.

One can flow with time,yet stand out and beat the currents of common-place thinking.

When we follow the foot-steps of people we like and are friends with,then we make no foot-steps for ourselves.

One needs to think both with and against the flow.

Astrology,numerology,srIvidhyA worship,etc all complement each other.They are not at odds with each other.Infact many think tantrA and Vedas are opposed to each other but then it is their divisive mind,which is at odds with what is divine and what is fanatical.

So, in this my GurunathAr and his most powerful supra-intuiton would have the last say,I guess.

Also, I dont live for my friends and they can continue to call me Sreeraam(they would most probably and already many consider the name "Ambatanayar" sort of cool!..look! how fragmented and pliable their minds are already) as that is included in the name too.It would not matter for them.Moreover, one should never throw pearls before swines as the saying goeth!

On a practical level, I would abbreviate the name!-Simple!(Well, not so simple because even for abbreviation,I look at various chakras and numerological considerations).

When one has the knowledge,experience,resources,etc regarding a certain intuitive science,it is but wise to use it.

It is a totally different thing if one does not know such things.

MJ's full official name was Micheal Joseph Jackson

And Bill Gates' official name is William Henry 'Bill' Gates III

We accept such long names for these people as they have made it big somehow.

Whereas whenwe see a "Dharmendra Mahabahadur Vikram Rathod Singh" we guffaw at such a big name and westernize it promptly to Vicky! Do you think, Ma would approve of this?

Infact is Ma is nuetral to such things.

I knew one person who was my room-mate in Canada.He had such a long name (officially,mind you!) that it would take days to read his name.

It was a personal dilemma of mine which needed some verbal expression,which I did.

But, I do thank you for your candid comment and email.I will keep it n my mind,when I discuss the issue with my gurunAthA soon.

Thankyou my friend

Yours Yogically,

Ambatanayar

jai gurudev

om shivgoraksha

mother is " mantratmika " and also " shabdatmika " and also vaani rupa.

so if anyone wants to change name well everyone is free to do so !!!

om shakti

gopal

On 12/9/09, para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Perhaps I am too new (member) to comment on this but my personal feeling is Maa is far far bigger and beyond  any human names,when we were in our mother's stomach we had no name but still Maa was showering her blessings on us,think again!

regards

Aksha Rudra.

---------

Dear AkshaRudra,

Thankyou for your candid views on my name-dilemma.

Yes, Ma is bigger than numerology but then there is an effect of shabdabrahman too.

Ma Herself is represented as mAthrukA aksharAs.The srIchakrA is worshipped with various beejAs and veda mantrAs too.If sounds did not have any importance, Ma would have said, " Child just take my name and keep doing pUjA to my chakrA by throwing flowers " .There would be no need for mudras and mantras too by the same extension of logic.Ma is greater than mudras and mantras too.

However, there is something called Nature and Nature in the nirgunAkArA does an athikramanA(surpassing) Ma too.Ma Herself is a product of this nirgunA and we are all going in a big journey toward this big nirgunA.However, nirgunA needs th prop of sagunA(with form),infact the very word " nirgunA " is a sagunic interpretation of something nameless and formless,dont you agree?

shabdA brahman affecs the way people think of you.

The moment someone thinks of you as " AkshaRudra " they automatically get a grid open in them mentally.The more number of grids which open thus in not only their minds but also your own mind affects to a great part your destiny,for the better or for the worse.

Just that,this is a divine science and needs respect, attention and effort to come with a proper name for a human to aid in the soul's evolvement.Many numerologists have made it into a money-minting business by quoting exhorbitant rates,TV latenight Ads and what not.This is debasing Ma and Her domain of such intuitive sciences.

All these shabdabrAhman's vibrations were carefully recorded by maharishIs like parAsarA,kakabhujangA,etc.They themselves were upAsakAs of the highest order and never said, " Please follow the upasanA devatA alone, not astrological or numerological recommendations " .Infact, their genius in such intuitive sciences like astrology,numerology,etc is beyond comparision.

When we were in the womb we had no names,true.But we had a destiny to fulfill.Also, these days parents conduct various tests and come out with the sex of the baby(maybe banned in India now) and name their children even before they are born.Ma writes the destiny and the name of the child even when he or she is in the womb.Ofcourse, ina greater plan of destiny,everything is pre-ordained including our naming by our fathers and mothers.We think, our parents keep our names,but then it is already predestined.

But this predestiny should not become a source of our complacency.This is really subtle to understand.

One must still exercise what it takes for the amelioration constantly(like a personal-Kaizen philosophy.)

One need not be ashamed of it.

It is our personal shame based on the general material prosperity which we see around us and the awe of the Westerners who have knowingly or unknowingly spoilt,damaged,whatever you might call,such ancient wisdom and we youngsters trying to ape them into being modern,hep,etc and going with flow which creates such doubts.And this would mean(according to these youngsters) discrading our ancient Vedic wisdom without thinking twice.

One can be modern and yet retain the Vedic wisdom.

One can be hep and yet practice yogA and other sAdhanAs.

One can flow with time,yet stand out and beat the currents of common-place thinking.

When we follow the foot-steps of people we like and are friends with,then we make no foot-steps for ourselves.

One needs to think both with and against the flow.

Astrology,numerology,srIvidhyA worship,etc all complement each other.They are not at odds with each other.Infact many think tantrA and Vedas are opposed to each other but then it is their divisive mind,which is at odds with what is divine and what is fanatical.

So, in this my GurunathAr and his most powerful supra-intuiton would have the last say,I guess.

Also, I dont live for my friends and they can continue to call me Sreeraam(they would most probably and already many consider the name " Ambatanayar " sort of cool!..look! how fragmented and pliable their minds are already) as that is included in the name too.It would not matter for them.Moreover, one should never throw pearls before swines as the saying goeth!

On a practical level, I would abbreviate the name!-Simple!(Well, not so simple because even for abbreviation,I look at various chakras and numerological considerations).

When one has the knowledge,experience,resources,etc regarding a certain intuitive science,it is but wise to use it.

It is a totally different thing if one does not know such things.

MJ's full official name was Micheal Joseph Jackson

And Bill Gates' official name is William Henry 'Bill' Gates III

We accept such long names for these people as they have made it big somehow.

Whereas whenwe see a " Dharmendra Mahabahadur Vikram Rathod Singh " we guffaw at such a big name and westernize it promptly to Vicky! Do you think, Ma would approve of this?

Infact is Ma is nuetral to such things.

I knew one person who was my room-mate in Canada.He had such a long name (officially,mind you!) that it would take days to read his name.

It was a personal dilemma of mine which needed some verbal expression,which I did.

But, I do thank you for your candid comment and email.I will keep it n my mind,when I discuss the issue with my gurunAthA soon.

Thankyou my friend

Yours Yogically,

Ambatanayar

-- +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++TRUTH PATH DESTINATION GOAL REAL ADIGURU  SALVATION KARMA DESTINY AND ALL THAT EXISTS

IS ONLY SUPREME NATURE SUPREME ENERGY DIVINE MOTHER ADI SHAKTI MAHAKAALIMAHALAXMI MAHASARASWATI LALITA TRIPURA SUNDARI KULKUNDALINI PARMESHWARI SHE IS THE ONLY BEING IN EXISTANCE AND WE ARE ALL PART OF HER