IndiaDivine.org

Mythreya-vivaranA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Raghuveer Yerram <yraghuveerA queer thingpara_anulomaDate: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 2:59 AM

OM Shree Gurubhyo NamahaOM Shree Matre NamahaDear Anna,I was going through you messages first thing in the morning as usual (message #4671) in which you were explaining your name [ Ambatanaya means Amba+Thanaya=Beloved of Amba(and also One who is the beloved of Amba)] a queer thing happened my mind was interpreting it as " Amba's Son " how many times i read it was the same,i just carried on reading the rest of the message,then as soon as i read "Mythreya" Lord Dattatreya's image flashed in my mind as many times as you have mentioned "Mythreya" in the post.Please do explain what it means.And also Anna while doing pooja today,i wanted to imagine and concentrate on silver violet fire with the heart burning while i was doing the Dhyana Sloka of LaithAmba,but all i could see was HER foot sole Left one to be specific however hard i tried to

concentrate on the fire i just couldn't,so i just went ahead on what my minds eye was seeing,the foot started moving it was like Amba was showing me mehendi design on HER sole i have NEVER seen such a beautiful foot or sole it was pinkish in colour and the mehendi design was circles and curves along the outer edge of her sole.What does this mean?,Please do explain.JaiMataDi-Raghu

Dear Raghuveer Tammudu,

Mythreya means friendly,benevolent,connected to Mother(Mathre'),one who fosters Motherliness in all,one who fosters harmony,friendship and peace in all.

Buddhists believe that Mythreya is the future Buddha who is going to come to save the world and that the current Mythreya Avatara is a Boddhisatva.(Even Theosophists believed that Jiddu Krishnamurthy Garu(who was incidentally our relative too) was the Maithreya waiting to be born in future as The Buddha.

One mention of the prophecy of Maitreya is in the SamskruthA text, the MaitreyavyÄkaraṇa (The Prophecy of Maitreya), it implies that he is a teacher of Meditative-Trance-SadhanA and states that gods, men, and other beings:

"will lose their doubts, and the torrents of their cravings will be cut off: free from all misery they will manage to cross the ocean of becoming; and, as a result of Maitreya's teachings, they will lead a holy life. No longer will they regard anything as their own, they will have no possession, no gold or silver, no home, no relatives! But they will lead the holy life of chastity under Maitreya's guidance. They will have torn the net of the passions, they will manage to enter into trances, and theirs will be an abundance of joy and happiness, for they will lead a holy life under Maitreya's guidance."

Maitreya/Mythreya is typically pictured seated, with either both feet on the ground or crossed at the ankles, on a throne, waiting for his time. He is dressed in the clothes of either a Bhiksu or Indian royalty. As a bodhisattva, he would usually be standing and dressed in jewels. Usually he wears a small stupa in his headdress that represents the stupa of the Buddha Sakyamuni's relics to help him identify it when his turn comes to lay claim to his succession, and can be holding a dharmachakrA resting on a lotus. A Khata(VenkathA of tirupathy also has such a formation) is always tied around his waist as a girdle.

In the Greco-Buddhist art of Gandhara, in the first centuries CE in northern India, Maitreya is represented as a Central Asian or northern Indian nobleman, holding a "water phial" (Sanskrit: Khumba) in his left hand. Sometimes this is a "wisdom urn" (Sanskrit: Bumpa). He is flanked by his two acolytes, the brothers Asanga and Vasubandhu.

Maitreya/Mythreya currently resides in the Tuá¹£ita Heaven (PÄli: Tusita), said to be reachable through meditation.ÅšÄkyamuni Buddha also lived here before he was born into the world

The future Buddha Maitreya, Gandhara, 3rd century CE.

as all bodhisattvas live in the Tuá¹£ita Heaven before they descend to the human realm to become Buddhas. Although all bodhisattvas are destined to become Buddhas, the concept of a bodhisattva differs slightly in Theravada and Mahayana Buddhism. In Theravada Buddhism, a bodhisattva is one who is only destined to one day become a Buddha, whereas in Mahayana Buddhism, a bodhisattva is one who has already reached a very advanced state of grace or enlightenment but holds back from entering nirvana so that he may help others.

Once Maitreya becomes a Buddha, he will rule over the Ketumati Pure Land, an earthly paradise sometimes associated with the Indian city of Varanasi (also known as Benares) in Uttar Pradesh. (All Buddhas preside over a Pure Land; the Buddha Amitabha presides over the Sukhavati Pure Land, more popularly known as the Western Paradise.)

Well,everyone are future Buddhas and current Bodhisatvas in a way.

One day liberation is for all! When I was in my mother's womb, one saint-lady in Andhra in those days by name Jillalamudi Amma blessed my mother and touched her stomach(with me inside) and said cryptically, "Moksha is for all one day just matter of time.For some it takes one birth,for some 1 million births"

So, this name is special.

This is a sort of unisex name like Prasanna.

Females keep it as Mythreyi and Males as Mythreya.

A shAktha-upAsaka by nature is androgynous(to be differentiated from an eunuch) and has both the chi-energies of Yin and Yang present in his svAbhAvic nature and thus this name is apt for me in this path.

Mythreya according to Hindus/vedic culture is different.The same name but it refers to

one rishI of great brilliance.

The great bible of Vedic Astrology known as Brihat Parashara Hora Shastram was expounded by Maharishi Parashara(who was a great Maharishi and father of Veda Vyasa Maharishi) to his disciple Rishi Mythreya.

Rishi Mythreya explained parts of BhAgavatham and other shAstras to Vidura,the wise shudrA son of VedavyAsA, such was the harmony between all communities those days.Only knowledge was supreme and not the castes those days.Infact, Rishi ParasarA of the greatest Rishi clan(higher than even brahmin clan) united with a fisherwoman due to an attraction and sired the shudrA son of vedavyAsa.

Mythreya imparting knowledge to Vidura.

His disciple rishi MythreyA who was born to Rishi DivodAsA and sired Rishi Somapa,taught Vedas and Bhagavatham to Vidura a shudrA in those times.

Vidura is the son of VedavyAsA and maybe rishI MythreyA out of gratitude for His guru taught to VidurA,the grandson of Rishi ParasharA.

And mindyou, rishi Mythreya who rose to be even higher than brahmins was of Kshatriya clan of the DivodasA who himself became a Rishi after ruling kAshI.

Thus Vedic wisdom,quest of knowledge and the Supreme Brahman emancipates one first from the parochial barriers of caste,community and creed.

Vidura has taken Maitreya as his guru and asks him many questions. In the 10th chapter of the third Canto, we find the following verse:

"Vidura inquired from Maitreya: O my lord, O greatly learned sage, kindly describe eternal time, which is another form of the Supreme Lord, the wonderful actor. What are the symptoms of that eternal time? Please describe them to us in detail." SB 3.10.10

In this verse we see that eternal time is to be considered as one of the forms of the Supreme Lord. In the next several chapters Maitreya explains about time and several times mentions the intimate relationship between Time and God, Lord Krsna. For example, Maitreya Rsi states:

"By exhibiting His potencies, the Supreme Personality of Godhead adjusts all these different elements, keeping Himself within as the Supersoul and without as time." SB 3.26.18

The meaning is clear, that God exists within the heart as the Supersoul and He exists outside as the Time Factor. So here we see how Vedic astrology is interconnected with the main goal of Vedic culture -- God consciousness and transcendence. Thus, the real object of study of the Vedic astrologer is the Supreme Lord in His form as Eternal Time.

Thus, for me MythreyA signifies astrological wisdom,which helps me in my personal practical spirituality.

There is the Mythreya Upanishad from the sAmavedA and the story of King BrihadhrathA.

You may read the upanishad here:

http://www.celextel.org/108upanishads/maitreya.html

According to the Master EK school Lord Maitreya is a sage of great brilliance descending from the order of Lord Vishnu - the Second Logos, the preserving Light, the Logos of Love-Wisdom, the Cosmic Second Ray.

Khambhampati Parvathy Kumar(with whom I had an email contact too as he is a CA practicing in Vizag currently in his book available online here(http://www.scribd.com/doc/8293660/Shri-Guru-Dattatreya) mentions about the connection between Lord Mythreya and Lord Dattatreya on Page 12 and says: that the connection is for the theosophical etheric schools of Sarameya(Sirius constellation)(whose Head of believed to be Lord Dattatreya--who is believed to be the Great Grand Lodge of the White Brotherhood(a term used by Western theosophists to mean shuddhashwetha-MandalAdhipathy on Sirius.) and imparts instructions to Lord Mythreya who is inturn the Great Grand Lodge of the White Brotherhood on earth.{(Here White brotherhood has

nothing to do with people of white skin!(Caucasians).It is just a technical term.}.So, maybe Dattatreya flashed intuitively in your mind as you kept reading the email posting of mine.(I always say that my messages are not meant just for oen single person but many people)

Your intuition is improving manifold daybyday with the worship of rAjarAjeshwari devI.Im happy for you that you are following my instructions and postings and doing a sincere worship for Her.

She has given Her saffron lotus feet darshanam to you.Feet hold the sacred power points to transmit spiritual power.Humility,sevAbhAva and sAdhana will make you spiritually great.

Blessings!

Yours Yogically,

Mythreya

Mythreya Sreeraam Bhallyjayappalle

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·» «....Hreem Rajarajeshwari!....» «·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»