Karpagambal temple, Mylapore, Madras

Kolavizhi amman temple, Mylapore, Madras

Mundakakanni amman, Mylapore, Madras.

Kaamakalaa kaameshwari temple, Triplicane, Madras

Vaishnavi temple, Ambathur, Madras

Thiruvudai amman, Thiruvotriyur, Madras

Vadivudai amman, Thirumullaivayal, Madras

Kamakshi amman, Kanchipuram

Jayadurga devi temple, Padappai (near Kanchipuram)

Mahishasura mardhini temple, Maththur, (on the route of Madras-Tiruthani)

Bhavani amman temple, Periyapaalayam (near chengalpet)

Vakkra kaali amman temple, Thiruvakkarai (near pondichery)

Thillai kali temple, Chidambaram

Renuka devi temple, Padavedu (near vellore)

Kottai maariamman, Salem

Muthu mariamman, Thanjavur

Punnainallur mariamman, Thanjavur

Mahamariamman, Valangaiman (near Kumbakonam)

Durgaiamman, Patteshwaram (near kumbakonam)

Vanadurga temple, Kadhiraamangalam (near kumbakonam)

Mariamman, Nallur (near kumbakonam)

Durga Parameswari temple, Ammankudi (near kumbakonam)

Maha Ugra Prathyankara Devi, Aiyyavaadi (near Kumbakonam)

Samayapuram mariamman, Trichy

Akilandeshwardi temple, Thiruvanaikaval, Trichy

Vekkali amman, Uraiyur, Trichy

Madhura kaali amman, Siruvaachur (near Trichy)

Bhuvaneshwari temple, Pudukottai (near Trichy)

Meenakshi temple, Madurai

Koniamman temple, Coimbatore

Sowdaambikai temple, Coimbatore

Kanyakumari temple, Kanyakumari

Vandana Balagopal

dirk gysels <dirkgysels wrote:

Dear sir,

Thank you for your beautiful sharing.

What are, according to you , the most powerful Amman temples in Tamil Nadu?

I plan to visit Tamil Nadu in March.

Thank you for your reply.

Dirk Gysels

>"Ashok Sundaresan"

> >

> Introduction >Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:13:55 +0530 > > >Dear All > >I am Ashok Sundaresan, 27 years old. I am a practising Chartered Accountant with additional degree in Management. I have offices at Trichy and Pudukkottai in Tamilnadu. I have been in frequent touch with active Shakthas for the past 4 years and am also putting in possible efforts due to her Her Grace. > >Well, have been going through the mails in our fraternity for the past few weeks. I feel that staying in touch with fellow pilgrims is a sure way of keeping ourselves inspired. In the din of daily pressures and conflicting demands that life makes, satsang is a way of reminding ourselves of keeping our bond with Her intact and making it stronger. > >Discussions are welcome and are necessary to clarify our thoughts and misconceptions. She refuses to reveal herself to any intellect unless that intellectual effort is supported by love for Her and an ardent desire to get closer to Her. That is why an intellectual giant like Swami Vivekananda remarked that Religion is experience and not understanding. > >I have a feeling of discomfort which I wish to express to this august forum. The intention is not to hurt anybody's feelings. I feel that of late, courtesy is a casualty in our forum. I am not making any roundabout attacks. In our exchanges, let us not judge each other, but only judge the views offered. The personality is not very relevant here. > >Let us have an open mind to other's views. We need not feel hurt when somebody expresses a view contrary to ours. Well, I am referring to Shyam Wazir here. I feel that Samvidananda's letter is message which he felt constrained to express. But in every line of his letter, we can perceive a deep intent not to hurt the other person's feelings. It is an attempt to only offer views on other's views. But, has he been reciprocated with the same respect ? Let us not give out opinions on others very easily, especially when there is so little scope for personal interaction. In such circumstances, our opinions on others personalities will, in all probability be inaccurate. I feel that we can also desist from using words like prick, ass, f##k, sucks, whining, sentimental gibberish etc. God loves all - both the traditional and the unconventional. What She sees is only the Bhaava - the feeling within. > >All our statements we make in a public forum, I feel, should be tested on the two touchstones of deep thought and mutual courtesy. Our love for Her should be expressed through our love and concern for every person's feelings in the group. Samvidananda has become silent. From his messages, I can safely assume that he is quite learned and has a lot to offer to his group. Our hasty responses, however spontaneous they are, should not make others withdraw into seclusion. Assume that the whole exchange of views happens in a darbar where She is presiding. I am not being didactic or taking a big brother attitude. Shyam, correct me if I am wrong. I have every respect for your views. You are open, frank, guileless, free in expressing your views. Those are great assets. However your thoughts will be more acceptable if they are tempered and well expressed. You may not gain anything from our acceptance, but constructive exchange of ideas is always useful. None of us are self-sufficient. We all have something to gain from others' views. We can express our views forcefully and with deep conviction. But we should desist from criticizing others' personalities, especially with derogatory words. This forum should be used only for constructive exchange and not for mutual judgements or tongue-in-the-cheek remarks. > >Well, I have made an honest attempt not to hurt anybody, but if I have unintentionally caused what I have tried to avoid, I seek Her forgiveness. This is a great forum, where each of us loves Her in our own unique ways. Let that bond keep all of us together. I invoke Her Grace on one and all. > > Love and Best Wishes > >S.Ashok Sundaresan > > >

Chat on line met vrienden en probeer MSN Messenger uit: Klik hier

Dear Vandana,

Thank you very much for your valuable information.

Dirk

>vandana balagopal

> > >Re: Amman temples in tamilnadu >Thu, 10 Jan 2002 08:10:16 -0800 (PST) > > > Dear Dirk gysels, >Here is a list of some of the powerful amman temples in tamilnadu > > Kalikambal temple, Parrys, Madras > Karumari amman, Thiruverkaadu, Madras > Kamakshi amman, Maangaadu, Madras > Rajarajeswari temple, Nanganallur, Madras > Karpagambal temple, Mylapore, Madras > Kolavizhi amman temple, Mylapore, Madras > Mundakakanni amman, Mylapore, Madras. > Kaamakalaa kaameshwari temple, Triplicane, Madras > Vaishnavi temple, Ambathur, Madras > Thiruvudai amman, Thiruvotriyur, Madras > Vadivudai amman, Thirumullaivayal, Madras > Kamakshi amman, Kanchipuram > Jayadurga devi temple, Padappai (near Kanchipuram) > Mahishasura mardhini temple, Maththur, (on the route of Madras-Tiruthani) > Bhavani amman temple, Periyapaalayam (near chengalpet) > Vakkra kaali amman temple, Thiruvakkarai (near pondichery) > Thillai kali temple, Chidambaram > Renuka devi temple, Padavedu (near vellore) > Kottai maariamman, Salem > Muthu mariamman, Thanjavur > Punnainallur mariamman, Thanjavur > Mahamariamman, Valangaiman (near Kumbakonam) > Durgaiamman, Patteshwaram (near kumbakonam) > Vanadurga temple, Kadhiraamangalam (near kumbakonam) > Mariamman, Nallur (near kumbakonam) > Durga Parameswari temple, Ammankudi (near kumbakonam) > Maha Ugra Prathyankara Devi, Aiyyavaadi (near Kumbakonam) > Samayapuram mariamman, Trichy > Akilandeshwardi temple, Thiruvanaikaval, Trichy > Vekkali amman, Uraiyur, Trichy > Madhura kaali amman, Siruvaachur (near Trichy) > Bhuvaneshwari temple, Pudukottai (near Trichy) > Meenakshi temple, Madurai > Koniamman temple, Coimbatore > Sowdaambikai temple, Coimbatore > Kanyakumari temple, Kanyakumari > > Vandana Balagopal > > dirk gysels wrote: >Dear sir, > >Thank you for your beautiful sharing. > >What are, according to you , the most powerful Amman temples in Tamil Nadu? > >I plan to visit Tamil Nadu in March. > >Thank you for your reply. > >Dirk Gysels > > > >"Ashok Sundaresan" > >> Introduction >Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:13:55 +0530 > > >Dear All > >I am Ashok Sundaresan, 27 years old. I am a practising Chartered Accountant with additional degree in Management. I have offices at Trichy and Pudukkottai in Tamilnadu. I have been in frequent touch with active Shakthas for the past 4 years and am also putting in possible efforts due to her Her Grace. > >Well, have been going through the mails in our fraternity for the past few weeks. I feel that staying in touch with fellow pilgrims is a sure way of keeping ourselves inspired. In the din of daily pressures and conflicting demands that life makes, satsang is a way of reminding ourselves of keeping our bond with Her intact and making it stronger. > >Discussions are welcome and are necessary to clarify our thoughts and misconceptions. She refuses to reveal herself to any intellect unless that intellectual effort is supported by love for Her and an ardent desire to get closer to Her. That is why an intellectual giant like Swami Vivekananda remarked that Religion is experience and not understanding. > >I have a feeling of discomfort which I wish to express to this august forum. The intention is not to hurt anybody's feelings. I feel that of late, courtesy is a casualty in our forum. I am not making any roundabout attacks. In our exchanges, let us not judge each other, but only judge the views offered. The personality is not very relevant here. > >Let us have an open mind to other's views. We need not feel hurt when somebody expresses a view contrary to ours. Well, I am referring to Shyam Wazir here. I feel that Samvidananda's letter is message which he felt constrained to express. But in every line of his letter, we can perceive a deep intent not to hurt the other person's feelings. It is an attempt to only offer views on other's views. But, has he been reciprocated with the same respect ? Let us not give out opinions on others very easily, especially when there is so little scope for personal interaction. In such circumstances, our opinions on others personalities will, in all probability be inaccurate. I feel that we can also desist from using words like prick, ass, f##k, sucks, whining, sentimental gibberish etc. God loves all - both the traditional and the unconventional. What She sees is only the Bhaava - the feeling within. > >All our statements we make in a public forum, I feel, should be tested on the two touchstones of deep thought and mutual courtesy. Our love for Her should be expressed through our love and concern for every person's feelings in the group. Samvidananda has become silent. From his messages, I can safely assume that he is quite learned and has a lot to offer to his group. Our hasty responses, however spontaneous they are, should not make others withdraw into seclusion. Assume that the whole exchange of views happens in a darbar where She is presiding. I am not being didactic or taking a big brother attitude. Shyam, correct me if I am wrong. I have every respect for your views. You are open, frank, guileless, free in expressing your views. Those are great assets. However your thoughts will be more acceptable if they are tempered and well expressed. You may not gain anything from our acceptance, but constructive exchange of ideas is always useful. None of us are self-sufficient. We all have something to gain from others' views. We can express our views forcefully and with deep conviction. But we should desist from criticizing others' personalities, especially with derogatory words. This forum should be used only for constructive exchange and not for mutual judgements or tongue-in-the-cheek remarks. > >Well, I have made an honest attempt not to hurt anybody, but if I have unintentionally caused what I have tried to avoid, I seek Her forgiveness. This is a great forum, where each of us loves Her in our own unique ways. Let that bond keep all of us together. I invoke Her Grace on one and all. > > Love and Best Wishes > >S.Ashok Sundaresan > > > > > >Chat on line met vrienden en probeer MSN Messenger uit: Klik hier > >

Dear Dirk,

This is a difficult subject but one thing you should be prepared for when you visit Tamil nadu is that Europeans (non hindu's) are not permitted into the 'garbha-grha' (inner sancton) of the larger Temples. This includes Kanchi, Rameshwaram, madurai etc. I am a 'arya samaj' converted Hindu and even with the papers I was still not allowed. It is very strict there. It is very sad. You come to worship but you are more or less relegated to being a tourist. There is no shortage of priest wanting to take your dakshina even if you are not allowed inside.

Send FREE video emails in Mail.