Msg to Sri. Sangaranarayanan,

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sri. Sangaranarayanan,

I am not able to understand your statements about Chandi homam. First

of all Devi Mahatmyam is not a SriVidya text. SriVidyakrama is

different from Chandikrama.

Now SriVidya is the worship of Maa Tripurasundari or Maa

Bhuvaneshwari with the Panchadasakshari or Shodasi mantra.

In SriVidya Maa Tripurasundari is the Ultimate Goddess. As per the

Devi Mahatmyam MAA CHANDI is the mother of the universe.

SriVidyakrama considers Panchadasakshari to be the ultimate in

mantras. According to Chandikrama Chandi Navakshari/Navarna is the

ultimate in mantras.

Why should Chandi Homam follow the rules of SriVidya? The entire Devi

Mahatmyam consisting of 700 Slokas is considered to be 700 mantras.

So Ahoodhi is offered in the homam after each Sloka. This is as per

the tradition and rules laid down in Sri Sri Chandi/Durga

Sapthasathi/Devi Mahatmyam.

The Upacharas include offer of Vasthra and sarees are put in Homam.

What is wrong with that?

One of the cardinal rules of the or club is that you

cannot use the message board for promoting other clubs/sites etc.

This is the privilege of only the moderator of the group.

I would request you to refrain from using this group for promoting

your Web site.

We have SriVidya Upasakas, Upasakas and Bhakthas of all forms of MAA

in this group. There are many ways of worshipping MAA. No way is

inferior or superior.

Jai MAA KAALI !!!

Dear Sankarukku:

Yes I agree there should be no intolerence in any form here.

In each sampradaya they say that their god/goddess is supreme and its mantra ultimate. That is a system developped by our ancestors with the purpose of mentally conditioning the upasaka.

But I feel that there should be no bar in referring people to sites. That is info that is useful being made available. After all Sangaranarayanan has no personal gain to be had in that respect. There is not even an ad at the site. I personally was able to get some material needed by me from the site that I have been searching for years!!

Aren't we of the Hindu tradition where dissent is recognised as part of growing. each is ENTITLED to his view, but when you keep repeating ad nauseum it becomes boring. Sangaranarayanan has not done that. I feel people should inform any useful site that they come accross. All views should be aired. Of course one cannot be vulger or offensive.

The intention of the site is for discussion. What we should have done, in my humble opinion,is to ask Sangaranarayanan to explain and elaborate on his statement. Am I right?

No two children of Ma are alike so lets hear all views.

This is my humble opinion.

Regards

Bhasurananda Natha.

-

sankarrukku

Monday, January 14, 2002 11:11 PM

Msg to Sri. Sangaranarayanan,

Dear Sri. Sangaranarayanan,I am not able to understand your statements about Chandi homam. First of all Devi Mahatmyam is not a SriVidya text. SriVidyakrama is different from Chandikrama.Now SriVidya is the worship of Maa Tripurasundari or Maa Bhuvaneshwari with the Panchadasakshari or Shodasi mantra. In SriVidya Maa Tripurasundari is the Ultimate Goddess. As per the Devi Mahatmyam MAA CHANDI is the mother of the universe. SriVidyakrama considers Panchadasakshari to be the ultimate in mantras. According to Chandikrama Chandi Navakshari/Navarna is the ultimate in mantras.Why should Chandi Homam follow the rules of SriVidya? The entire Devi Mahatmyam consisting of 700 Slokas is considered to be 700 mantras. So Ahoodhi is offered in the homam after each Sloka. This is as per the tradition and rules laid down in Sri Sri Chandi/Durga Sapthasathi/Devi Mahatmyam.The Upacharas include offer of Vasthra and sarees are put in Homam. What is wrong with that? One of the cardinal rules of the or club is that you cannot use the message board for promoting other clubs/sites etc. This is the privilege of only the moderator of the group.I would request you to refrain from using this group for promoting your Web site. We have SriVidya Upasakas, Upasakas and Bhakthas of all forms of MAA in this group. There are many ways of worshipping MAA. No way is inferior or superior.Jai MAA KAALI !!!

Dearest brother,

Thanks.

Please do not see my message with an agitated mind. I myself is a Chandi upasaka for more than 5 decades and we belong to that for generations. But upto now I have not found any record or proof to show that the homam should be done with offerings of sarees made out of silk (which is made out of silk worms killed - even Paramacharya had pointed this out earlier). God is simple and therefore the way to reach Him. Ways and means should not be taken as the goal. There is no proof in devi mahathmiya or in other publications that one should render the slokas and do homa. The moola mantra of chandi or durga is the best to do the homa. I believe in that strongly.

The forum I believe is to exchange ideas to get purified and to know the truth and not to simply thrust the idea on some one either by an individual or the coordinator.

Regarding your observations on srividhya, I do not know whether you have been initiated in panchadasi or maha shodasakshari. You will understand the significance of srividhya worship, in which all the devatas and dieties are merged. Chandi or Durga is no exception.All the devatas like bhuvaneswari, vaarahi, mathangi, chamundi are anga or upanga or prathyanga devatas of Lalitha Mahatripurasundari. Therefore one would do well worship the divine mother as a whole energy factor. Of course Chandi upasana leads finally to Her.But one should bear in mind mantra cannot reach beyond thought level. After that there is nothing but divine energy.

The Homa signifies the fact that one should offer his prana as ahuthi in the fire of the divine energy. It does not mean that one should offer everything and anything that comes in the way in the Homa. It spoils the atmosphere too. You are aware that forest wealth is the most precious one and we should therefore understand the significance of doing homa with only fallen twigs and ghee alone. Even the poor should be given an opportunity to do chandi homa with these two materials. That gives better results than offering silk sarees, bangles, coconut, fruits, coins. These are only sentimental values and does not really offer any one spiritual progress. Spirituality is different from religiion.

Please do not again mistake me when I write these. I will be the first person to accept realities than customs, which need not necessarily be the dictum. Ignorant people can perhaps accept but I for myself will not accept, unless I have enough proof that in the Homa you can offer silk sarees, even the 21st century euro coins. Were they

a vailable previously when great rishis did the homas. No. They were so capable to offer their own prana sakthi as ahuthi and dedicated the results to the universal well being. That is the real homa.

I offer my profound apoligies if my statement had hurt any sentiments of my most beloved sisters and brothers, who are travelling the path of reality to reach the real and that is the self-lessness.

Regards.

S.SHANGARANARAYANAN

>"sankarrukku"

> > > Msg to Sri. Sangaranarayanan, >Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:41:06 -0000 > >Dear Sri. Sangaranarayanan, > >I am not able to understand your statements about Chandi homam. First >of all Devi Mahatmyam is not a SriVidya text. SriVidyakrama is >different from Chandikrama. >Now SriVidya is the worship of Maa Tripurasundari or Maa >Bhuvaneshwari with the Panchadasakshari or Shodasi mantra. > >In SriVidya Maa Tripurasundari is the Ultimate Goddess. As per the >Devi Mahatmyam MAA CHANDI is the mother of the universe. >SriVidyakrama considers Panchadasakshari to be the ultimate in >mantras. According to Chandikrama Chandi Navakshari/Navarna is the >ultimate in mantras. > >Why should Chandi Homam follow the rules of SriVidya? The entire Devi >Mahatmyam consisting of 700 Slokas is considered to be 700 mantras. >So Ahoodhi is offered in the homam after each Sloka. This is as per >the tradition and rules laid down in Sri Sri Chandi/Durga >Sapthasathi/Devi Mahatmyam. >The Upacharas include offer of Vasthra and sarees are put in Homam. >What is wrong with that? > >One of the cardinal rules of the or club is that you >cannot use the message board for promoting other clubs/sites etc. >This is the privilege of only the moderator of the group. > >I would request you to refrain from using this group for promoting >your Web site. > >We have SriVidya Upasakas, Upasakas and Bhakthas of all forms of MAA >in this group. There are many ways of worshipping MAA. No way is >inferior or superior. > >Jai MAA KAALI !!! > > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com.