IndiaDivine.org

Miracle from the Andaman Islands: All 50+ SYs are safe and sound!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"jagbir singh" <adishakti_org Sat Jan 1, 2005 10:08 am Miracle from the Andaman Islands: All 50+ SYs are safe and sound!

India 'delivers aid to islands' BBC, Sunday, 2 January, 2005, 09:17 GMT

Relief supplies have begun arriving in Port Blair

The Indian army says planes have dropped food and water to tsunami survivors on all the inhabited islands in the Andaman and Nicobar chain.

There was criticism that aid has been slow to reach survivors, thousands of whom may be sheltering on high ground.

The military commander in charge of the relief effort said the most remote locations had now been reached.

Nearly 9,000 people are known to have died across India, 812 of them in the islands, with thousands more missing.

Difficult conditions

"This is the biggest relief effort in the history of India," Home Ministry junior minister Sri Prakash Jaiswal said from the capital Port Blair, the Associated Press news agency reported.

"We are reaching everywhere with aid. I still have hopes that there will be survivors among the missing people," he added.

ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR

About 400 islands, 38 inhabited Islands are peaks of submerged mountain range Indian territory, area of 8,249 sq km Population around 370,000, about 100,000 in Port Blair

Number of tribes, including Jarawas, Onges and Shompens

More than 3,000 people were evacuated to the mainland and relief camps in the capital on Friday.

They said the situation was desperate in some areas.

"There is nothing to eat there. There is no water. In a couple of days, people will start dying of hunger," said Anup Ghatak, an evacuee from Campbell Bay on the southern tip of the chain, quoted by AP news agency.

Relief efforts in the archipelago's 38 inhabited islands have been hampered by the destruction of most of the islands' jetties.

The island chain, close to the epicentre of last Sunday's earthquake, has also felt a number of aftershocks.

More than 5,400 people are still thought to be missing on the islands, but the local police chief has said he believes most of the missing are probably dead.

Some, including many tribal people in remotes areas, may be alive in jungles.

Many bodies are apparently lying in the open air, and there are increasing fears that unless they are buried or cremated, outbreaks of disease will be inevitable. India 'delivers aid to islands' http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4140797.stm

shriadishakti , "jagbir singh"<adishakti_org> wrote:>> i have just answered to an ex-SY, Satya (see email right below),> that is relevant to what i have been trying to say at the thread> above regarding the Asian tsunami. And from recent private emails> received from those who have left it is clear that they have> little idea what Sahaja Yoga is actually all about.....>> ->> Hi Satya,>> Have you ever considered that getting another job actually saved> you? Do not belittle the

Shakti within you who does all the> saving, even defying death, as and when necessary.>> http://www.adishakti.org/witnessing_her_miracles.htm>> So do not think that leaving Sahaja Yoga probably saved your life.> You have no idea how the Adi Shakti works from within and neither> do most SYs. Their attention has always been external, including> yours.>> jagbir>>Dear All,Just received this miraculous news about Andaman Islands. i alsobelieve that many SYs were saved because when the tsunami struckmany from the affected areas like Andaman and Tamil Nadu were inPune attending the Christmas Puja. That all 50+ SYs from Andaman,one of the worst affected areas, survived is indeed a miracle.So Satya take care of yourself and be grateful you did not perish.How the Adi

Shakti from within protects and safeguards those whoworship Her is beyond our comprehension. Only those who haveexperienced Her miracles can say so with firm conviction.Jai Shri Mataji,jagbir------------"Divine SY" <divinesahajayoga >"Edward Saugstad" <ed_saugstadSat, 1 Jan 2005 14:46:11 +0100DivineSahajayoga The Power of ShraddhaMiracle from the Andaman Islands(from Gudrun, Austrian Yogini in Madras)Over fifty Sahaja Yogis live on the Andaman Islands,

near theepicentre of the earthquake. About twelve were at the puja in Pune.On the way home to Madras in the train we were shocked to read aboutthe disaster in the newspaper, and we suddenly fell from heaven backonto the earth. Then one yogi said, relaxed and peaceful, "My houseis about 300 meters from the seashore. My mother and sister arethere." Another said, "I live 1 kilometer from the beach."The next news from them came: Everything is okay. The rest of uswere sure that they would have been wiped out. The one yogi had saidon the train in India, "I traveled to Shri Mataji and She is also atmy home. That is logical."The power of shraddha - Jai Shri Mataji!Gudrun, Austrian Yogini in Madras