IndiaDivine.org

Sahaj Spiritual Cultural Values...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Re: Sahaj Spiritual Cultural Values...

Only approximately a year ago i was in the dressing room with a new Sahaja

Yogini and a sari was produced by another yogini for this new yogini to wear.

This new yogini had already dressed herself very beautifully in a long and

dharmic dress, ready for her first puja.

However, she was confronted with the fact that her dress, which had obviously

been very carefully and lovingly selected for her first puja, was not good

enough. She had to wear a sari. i sensed her evident discomfort but could say

nothing to allay her discomfort as i too had experienced the same.

i remember a leader in New South Wales once telling the whole collective that

women should wear saris to pujas, and i usually complied as i think we all tried

to.

However, i agree with Jagbir that too much emphasis is placed on the outward

appearance, rather than the inner appearance. New people are not comfortable

with being forced to wear garments they cannot even put on for themselves.

If they are deeply spiritual people as well and they are dharmically dressed,

they will find it difficult to understand this emphasis on the outer rather than

the inner.

Violet

Hi Violet,

I've been in Sahaja Yoga many years now and still refuse to wear a Sari most of the time. I put up with the questions, stares and other ignorant behaviour toward me for years. Now Yogis leave me alone; I suppose they finally got the message or chalked me up as a lost cause.

To do so is a meaningless outward act, which has nothing to do with Sahaja Yoga. I have felt very strong vibrations doing puja in my bedroom in my pajamas. This confounds the story told by other yogis that wearing a Sari is auspicious.

Suzy

Violet <vtubb wrote:

Re: Sahaj Spiritual Cultural Values... Only approximately a year ago i was in the dressing room with a new Sahaja Yogini and a sari was produced by another yogini for this new yogini to wear. This new yogini had already dressed herself very beautifully in a long and dharmic dress, ready for her first puja. However, she was confronted with the fact that her dress, which had obviously been very carefully and lovingly selected for her first puja, was not good enough. She had to wear a sari. i sensed her evident discomfort but could say nothing to allay her discomfort as i too had experienced the same.i remember a leader in New South Wales once telling the whole collective that women should wear saris to pujas, and i usually complied as i think we all tried to. However, i agree with Jagbir that too much emphasis is placed on the outward appearance,

rather than the inner appearance. New people are not comfortable with being forced to wear garments they cannot even put on for themselves.If they are deeply spiritual people as well and they are dharmically dressed, they will find it difficult to understand this emphasis on the outer rather than the inner. Violet

FareChase - Search multiple travel sites in one click.