IndiaDivine.org

My Story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Ajay and Jagbir As I had mentioned to Jabgir once in the mail, I too landed here with the grace of Shri Mataji. I had 67 points and the requirement was 68. My consultant told me that 1 point would be taken care of in the interview. But then the Canadian immigration increased the points suddenly from 67 to 74. Many potential immigrants got rejected even when they had 73 points. There was an uproar and a lawsuit followed. But it did not help as the required points still remained at 74. My Consultant told me only God can help you. Otherwise just be ready to get your rejection letter. In around November 2003 when I was in the receiving team to receive Shri Mataji in Bombay, I prayed while taking vibrations from Sakshat Adishakti, "Shri Mataji please do something about my canada immigration." I did not expect any great miracle. I thought in my ego what can Shri Mataji do when she did not

even hear my prayer physically as I had prayed in my mind. She might not be aware too what is it that I am asking? But I was wrong. I got the proof of the greatest Miracle I had ever witnessed in my life. In two days time, I got news that the Canadian immigration minister has reduced the points from 74 to 67. I was happy, Shocked that Shri Mataji actually made a way for me to go to canada. Then again the Ego started playing and I felt that it may be just a coincidence as there was already a lawsuit going on. so it might be the result of that actually... I was wrong here as time would prove. Exactly 1 year after, I was again in the receiving team to receive Shri Mataji at the same airport. Shri Mataji arrived early morning at around 1 am and thenI had the brief opportunity to speak to Shri Mataji in her hotel suit, where she blessed me saying "Sukhi raho Beta" and also blessed the Sindhi Community so that they

can take to Sahaj Yoga. Also she said "Mehnat Karo Safalta Milegi." in response to my telling that Sindhis are not taking to sahaja yoga as their full attention is on Money and that we are trying to create awareness in sindhi community. The same day in the morning I got our Visas to Canada. I was shocked again and asked forgiveness from Shri Mataji for doubting her. Last Visit I prayed for Canada immigration and this Visit I actually got my visas. Chapter two We arrived here and as all the immigrants we passed throught the same phase. No Jobs, No Canadian experience. But it is endurance that pays. I was not interested in doing jobs as I had been doing business all the time. I invested my money that I brought to purchase Car, Photography and Video equipment and started approaching photographers for work. I got only assurances and when I was offered some jobs, I was offered

peanuts. I still worked to get some canadian experience. But the photographers here felt insecured when they saw my work and knowledge. So they stopped giving me any assignments. I was then introduced to some indian guy who offered me partnership of 20% of sales which was equavalent to around 50% of the profit as he said to me. It was the business of blinds and shutters. I told him that as I am a photographer basically, I would still be looking for opportunities in my field and as I dont know anything in his business I might not continue if I did not find it good. Then on I worked day and night 7 days a week putting in as many as 15 to 17 hours a day. Selling blinds, shutters, pickup, installation, delivery etc. I was with him for around 2 months and I made a sale of 25000 and above apart from doing installations, pickup and delivery. As per his initial proposal, i was expecting around 5000 for the sales and around 2000 to 3000

for other work such as pickup, delivery and installation, plus the gas that i put in my car for his work and also the telephone bill I incurred. But you know what? He paid me only 1340. Saying that he could not pay 20%. I was trying to be greedy. I did not deserve this and that. When I said to him what does he mean to say I am trying to be greedy. I am not asking him .5% more than what he promised, he could not argue with me and then said that this is it. you may continue working or you may leave. I said Ok, I cannot continue without my dues being paid first. At that point I was in shambles, I had hardly enough money to survive for 2 months. I could not go back and to stay I did not have any job. My wife did not have any job. I even contemplated going to welfare if things did not start working out. I could not claim my money as I had nothing in writing. The whole family was in depression. I got a

factory job which I took. But even there I got a break after one week. I decided enough is enough. I would now have to pave my own road. I went and registered my firm for Business of the same blinds and shutters. Went and had a word with all the suppliers and took dealership and went out Selling the blinds and shutters. Slowly and gradually, the business is built up and now I have ads running in newspapers, radio, internet. I have started getting good references and support from the manufacturers. So much so that the guy with whom I was associated with felt insecured and first tried to stop the manufacturers from dealing with me, which they did not. And now he has sent a notice through the lawyer claiming damages to his business due to my starting a business and creating competetion. All this has not deterred me to continue business and my lawyer says that he could not do anything as I have not cheated on him. On the contrary he has cheated

me. But I forgive him for that and count my blessings. How else could I have started my own business in a totally different field. Right from start it has been an adventure.and a difficult one . My wife has got a job now through some agency as a data entry operator. Even though it is in a computer company, It is considered a factory job. I drop her to work and pick her up. Also i have to drop and pickup my children to school. She also helps me in my business and eventually when things start working out better, she may join me full time in my business. Slowly and gradually, I am getting assignments for my photography business too. It is only by the grace of Shri Mataji that I am able to do something over here. Otherwise I also might have gone back dejected. It takes time to settle down. One needs to network and meet and meet people. Also to succeed I feel one should have a Car,

mobile and internet to begin with. Lack of any of these would be a serious handicap for achieving anything. I would extend a helping hand to any sahajayogi to settle down smoothly. I am in the process of settling down too at the same time. I have developed quite a few contacts. Getting a job for someone for survival is not a problem at all now. I would appreciate all the sahajayogi brothers and sisters who gave me all the moral support that I really needed. I never felt alone at any given point of time. All my contacts in India would ask me how am I doing. Even in the most difficult times, I maintained my balance and kept a positive attitude and say I am fine and doing good. Positive attitude, Sincere approach, Hard work, Optimism and the most important always being connected to Shri Mataji is all that one needs to succeed. There may be hard times and I would say never give up. Try harder and

you shall succeed. I give all the credit to Shri Mataji for whatever I achieve. She is the doer and She is the enjoyer. Jai shri Mataji. jagbir singh <adishakti_org wrote: Dear Ajay,i remember prior to leaving for Canada i was talking with my friend's elder brother, a Jain holding a good government job. We were discussing about the growing trend of migration by Sikhs from Punjab to all parts of the world. He admitted that unlike Punjabis, Hindus are reluctant to migrate as they have a conservative tendency to not take risks or labour, and hence venture into the unknown. But Sikhs have this Klondike frontier spirit to risk all and endure hardships to

eventually succeed. This Jain friend even joked that Sikhs can survive practically anywhere and that wherever there are potatoes you are bound to find Punjabis too.The Sikhs in Canada, America, Australia and Europe today are a far cry from their illiterate farming relatives in Punjab in terms of economic and social success. It is their adventurous and competitive spirit, combined with their tough and hardy rural roots, that drives them to work very hard to succeed in a matter of years. i know for a fcat that 12 hour shifts 7 days a week jobs are sought. If that is not possible two day jobs are sought, with weekends off. Wives throw their working weight behind their husbands, while managing their children too.The same goes for the Chinese and other enterprising oriental groups. They work hard at their small business and save in prodigious amounts, just like the Sikhs. Their emphasis is on education, education,

education for their children. The whole family works as a team to succeed in the future, not as individuals. The parents sacrifice so much so that their children will succeed. It is not their present limited success that matters but that of their children. They know that investing in their children's future is worth all their blood, sweat and tears.Canada is a land of ample opportunities for those willing to get down on all fours. Ajay, you just gave yourself 2-months to succeed!!!??? i just cannot believe your shortsightedness and lack of perception of a highly-devoloped economy. The Canadian government gave you the PR visa because your skills were needed, and yet you did not have the patience. You were even not willing to lower your dignity and work in a factory on a temporary basis .............. till you had an opportunity to work towards the job you are qualified for!!!??? i just cannot believe the tradegy

you brought upon yourself.My sister-in-law worked for a short while as a receptionists in Montreal before moving to Toronto where she landed a well-paying government job because of this short all-important Canadian experience. She was patient enough to wait and work at a lower paying job. Her technician husband, who was a well-paid supervisor in an electronic firm in Malaysia, took a lower paying store clerk job and is now happy. They are investing in their children's future, at the expense of their own. That is why Punjabis and potatoes ar efound all over the world.Immigrants have to lower their expectations because Canada offers so much more besides jobs, social benefits and standard of living that Indians will never have for decades. And i can talk more about quality of life but will not since money is more important for you.Ajay, you say that "Mataji send me to Canada from India ...and thenwhy I was

rejected in Canada." Just blame yourself for all that you have brought upon your family and yourself. Millions of immigrants have found all types of 'diamonds' in Canada since the Klondike rush. You are one of the extreme few who thought they were picking useless pieces of glass. Maybe you just did not want to get down on all fours and dirty yourself like them. Next time leave your social class, pride and community standing back in India. So don't ever blame Shri Mataji for your own shortcomings. And take this medicine like that Buckley's cough medicine - It's bitter but it works. Return to Canada once you are well again, and willing to work your way up. We are here more for our children's future than our own.warmest regards,jagbirMehesh, how about giving some input since Aja's case is almost like yours/ ................ but you are still here.--- In

, Ajay Agarwal <ajay_msh> wrote:>> Dear Jagbir,> While i was reading your update...it was like looking> in mirror. > > I live in India currently. I had got the PR visa for> canada. i went to canada in mar-05, but i was not> able to find any job of my career or any office> job...only labour job... so frustrated and dejetected> i came back with my family....in june-05. This trip> ripped much of my savings...this setback was too much> for me... > right now, i live in INDIA...and trying to recover the> loss.. Still sometime when i am alone ..i think and> think about why i failed in getting any job in> Canada.? > Why Mataji send me to Canada from India ...and then> why I was rejected in Canada ? Still i am unable to> understand the things... Still the life is disturbed> ...Hope it stabilize

fast...> > - Ajay>

With a free 1 GB, there's more in store with Mail.

Dear Mahesh,

Thank you for your truly courageous story. i take my hat off to you. Shri Mataji

is a great help in time of need. We have often found that too. She just creates

openings and opportunities where there may have seemed to be none. Of course, a

person has to be awake, alert and aware also and work hard, but trust in God who

works things out in amazing ways!

Thank you again for your interesting story.

Violet

, mahesh khatri

<maheshkhatri> wrote:

>

> Hello Ajay and Jagbir

>

> As I had mentioned to Jabgir once in the mail, I too landed here

with the grace of Shri Mataji. I had 67 points and the requirement

was 68. My consultant told me that 1 point would be taken care of in

the interview.

> But then the Canadian immigration increased the points suddenly

from 67 to 74.

> Many potential immigrants got rejected even when they had 73

points. There was an uproar and a lawsuit followed. But it did not

help as the required points still remained at 74.

> My Consultant told me only God can help you. Otherwise just be

ready to get your rejection letter.

> In around November 2003 when I was in the receiving team to

receive Shri Mataji in Bombay, I prayed while taking vibrations from

Sakshat Adishakti, " Shri Mataji please do something about my canada

immigration. "

> I did not expect any great miracle. I thought in my ego what can

Shri Mataji do when she did not even hear my prayer physically as I

had prayed in my mind. She might not be aware too what is it that I

am asking?

> But I was wrong. I got the proof of the greatest Miracle I had

ever witnessed in my life.

> In two days time, I got news that the Canadian immigration

minister has reduced the points from 74 to 67.

> I was happy, Shocked that Shri Mataji actually made a way for me

to go to canada.

> Then again the Ego started playing and I felt that it may be

just a coincidence as there was already a lawsuit going on. so it

might be the result of that actually...

> I was wrong here as time would prove.

> Exactly 1 year after, I was again in the receiving team to

receive Shri Mataji at the same airport. Shri Mataji arrived early

morning at around 1 am and thenI had the brief opportunity to speak

to Shri Mataji in her hotel suit, where she blessed me saying " Sukhi

raho Beta " and also blessed the Sindhi Community so that they can

take to Sahaj Yoga. Also she said " Mehnat Karo Safalta Milegi. " in

response to my telling that Sindhis are not taking to sahaja yoga as

their full attention is on Money and that we are trying to create

awareness in sindhi community.

> The same day in the morning I got our Visas to Canada. I was

shocked again and asked forgiveness from Shri Mataji for doubting

her. Last Visit I prayed for Canada immigration and this Visit I

actually got my visas.

>

> Chapter two

>

> We arrived here and as all the immigrants we passed throught the

same phase.

> No Jobs, No Canadian experience. But it is endurance that pays.

> I was not interested in doing jobs as I had been doing business

all the time. I invested my money that I brought to purchase Car,

Photography and Video equipment and started approaching

photographers for work.

> I got only assurances and when I was offered some jobs, I was

offered peanuts. I still worked to get some canadian experience. But

the photographers here felt insecured when they saw my work and

knowledge. So they stopped giving me any assignments.

> I was then introduced to some indian guy who offered me

partnership of 20% of sales which was equavalent to around 50% of

the profit as he said to me. It was the business of blinds and

shutters.

> I told him that as I am a photographer basically, I would still

be looking for opportunities in my field and as I dont know anything

in his business I might not continue if I did not find it good.

> Then on I worked day and night 7 days a week putting in as many

as 15 to 17 hours a day. Selling blinds, shutters, pickup,

installation, delivery etc.

> I was with him for around 2 months and I made a sale of 25000

and above apart from doing installations, pickup and delivery. As

per his initial proposal, i was expecting around 5000 for the sales

and around 2000 to 3000 for other work such as pickup, delivery and

installation, plus the gas that i put in my car for his work and

also the telephone bill I incurred.

> But you know what? He paid me only 1340. Saying that he could

not pay 20%. I was trying to be greedy. I did not deserve this and

that.

> When I said to him what does he mean to say I am trying to be

greedy. I am not asking him .5% more than what he promised, he could

not argue with me and then said that this is it. you may continue

working or you may leave.

> I said Ok, I cannot continue without my dues being paid first.

> At that point I was in shambles, I had hardly enough money to

survive for 2 months.

> I could not go back and to stay I did not have any job. My wife

did not have any job. I even contemplated going to welfare if things

did not start working out.

> I could not claim my money as I had nothing in writing.

> The whole family was in depression. I got a factory job which I

took. But even there I got a break after one week.

> I decided enough is enough. I would now have to pave my own road.

> I went and registered my firm for Business of the same blinds

and shutters. Went and had a word with all the suppliers and took

dealership and went out Selling the blinds and shutters.

> Slowly and gradually, the business is built up and now I have

ads running in newspapers, radio, internet. I have started getting

good references and support from the manufacturers. So much so that

the guy with whom I was associated with felt insecured and first

tried to stop the manufacturers from dealing with me, which they did

not. And now he has sent a notice through the lawyer claiming

damages to his business due to my starting a business and creating

competetion. All this has not deterred me to continue business and

my lawyer says that he could not do anything as I have not cheated

on him. On the contrary he has cheated me.

> But I forgive him for that and count my blessings. How else

could I have started my own business in a totally different field.

> Right from start it has been an adventure.and a difficult one .

> My wife has got a job now through some agency as a data entry

operator. Even though it is in a computer company, It is considered

a factory job.

> I drop her to work and pick her up. Also i have to drop and

pickup my children to school. She also helps me in my business and

eventually when things start working out better, she may join me

full time in my business.

> Slowly and gradually, I am getting assignments for my

photography business too.

> It is only by the grace of Shri Mataji that I am able to do

something over here. Otherwise I also might have gone back dejected.

> It takes time to settle down. One needs to network and meet and

meet people.

> Also to succeed I feel one should have a Car, mobile and

internet to begin with.

> Lack of any of these would be a serious handicap for achieving

anything.

> I would extend a helping hand to any sahajayogi to settle down

smoothly. I am in the process of settling down too at the same time.

> I have developed quite a few contacts. Getting a job for someone

for survival is not a problem at all now.

> I would appreciate all the sahajayogi brothers and sisters who

gave me all the moral support that I really needed. I never felt

alone at any given point of time.

> All my contacts in India would ask me how am I doing. Even in

the most difficult times, I maintained my balance and kept a

positive attitude and say I am fine and doing good.

> Positive attitude, Sincere approach, Hard work, Optimism and the

most important always being connected to Shri Mataji is all that one

needs to succeed.

> There may be hard times and I would say never give up. Try

harder and you shall succeed.

>

> I give all the credit to Shri Mataji for whatever I achieve. She

is the doer and She is the enjoyer.

>

>

> Jai shri Mataji.

>

>

>

>

> jagbir singh <adishakti_org> wrote:

> Dear Ajay,

>

> i remember prior to leaving for Canada i was talking with my

friend's

> elder brother, a Jain holding a good government job. We were

> discussing about the growing trend of migration by Sikhs from

Punjab

> to all parts of the world. He admitted that unlike Punjabis,

Hindus

> are reluctant to migrate as they have a conservative tendency to

not

> take risks or labour, and hence venture into the unknown. But

Sikhs

> have this Klondike frontier spirit to risk all and endure

hardships

> to eventually succeed. This Jain friend even joked that Sikhs can

> survive practically anywhere and that wherever there are potatoes

you

> are bound to find Punjabis too.

>

> The Sikhs in Canada, America, Australia and Europe today are a far

> cry from their illiterate farming relatives in Punjab in terms of

> economic and social success. It is their adventurous and

competitive

> spirit, combined with their tough and hardy rural roots, that

drives

> them to work very hard to succeed in a matter of years. i know for

a

> fcat that 12 hour shifts 7 days a week jobs are sought. If that is

> not possible two day jobs are sought, with weekends off. Wives

throw

> their working weight behind their husbands, while managing their

> children too.

>

> The same goes for the Chinese and other enterprising oriental

groups.

> They work hard at their small business and save in prodigious

> amounts, just like the Sikhs. Their emphasis is on education,

> education, education for their children. The whole family works as

a

> team to succeed in the future, not as individuals. The parents

> sacrifice so much so that their children will succeed. It is not

> their present limited success that matters but that of their

> children. They know that investing in their children's future is

> worth all their blood, sweat and tears.

>

> Canada is a land of ample opportunities for those willing to get

down

> on all fours. Ajay, you just gave yourself 2-months to

succeed!!!???

> i just cannot believe your shortsightedness and lack of perception

of

> a highly-devoloped economy. The Canadian government gave you the

PR

> visa because your skills were needed, and yet you did not have the

> patience. You were even not willing to lower your dignity and work

in

> a factory on a temporary basis .............. till you had an

> opportunity to work towards the job you are qualified for!!!??? i

> just cannot believe the tradegy you brought upon yourself.

>

> My sister-in-law worked for a short while as a receptionists in

> Montreal before moving to Toronto where she landed a well-paying

> government job because of this short all-important Canadian

> experience. She was patient enough to wait and work at a lower

paying

> job. Her technician husband, who was a well-paid supervisor in an

> electronic firm in Malaysia, took a lower paying store clerk job

and

> is now happy. They are investing in their children's future, at

the

> expense of their own. That is why Punjabis and potatoes ar efound

all

> over the world.

>

> Immigrants have to lower their expectations because Canada offers

so

> much more besides jobs, social benefits and standard of living

that

> Indians will never have for decades. And i can talk more about

> quality of life but will not since money is more important for you.

>

> Ajay, you say that " Mataji send me to Canada from India ...and then

> why I was rejected in Canada. " Just blame yourself for all that

you

> have brought upon your family and yourself. Millions of immigrants

> have found all types of 'diamonds' in Canada since the Klondike

rush.

> You are one of the extreme few who thought they were picking

useless

> pieces of glass. Maybe you just did not want to get down on all

fours

> and dirty yourself like them. Next time leave your social class,

> pride and community standing back in India.

>

> So don't ever blame Shri Mataji for your own shortcomings. And

take

> this medicine like that Buckley's cough medicine - It's bitter but

it

> works. Return to Canada once you are well again, and willing to

work

> your way up. We are here more for our children's future than our

own.

>

> warmest regards,

>

>

> jagbir

>

> Mehesh, how about giving some input since Aja's case is almost

like yours/ ................ but you are still here.

>

>

> , Ajay Agarwal

> <ajay_msh> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Jagbir,

> > While i was reading your update...it was like looking

> > in mirror.

> >

> > I live in India currently. I had got the PR visa for

> > canada. i went to canada in mar-05, but i was not

> > able to find any job of my career or any office

> > job...only labour job... so frustrated and dejetected

> > i came back with my family....in june-05. This trip

> > ripped much of my savings...this setback was too much

> > for me...

> > right now, i live in INDIA...and trying to recover the

> > loss.. Still sometime when i am alone ..i think and

> > think about why i failed in getting any job in

> > Canada.?

> > Why Mataji send me to Canada from India ...and then

> > why I was rejected in Canada ? Still i am unable to

> > understand the things... Still the life is disturbed

> > ...Hope it stabilize fast...

> >

> > - Ajay

> >

>

>

>

Dear Mahesh,

its really a great fight that u hv fought in order to

settle in Canada. That really look like film script. I

can literally imagine you in that situation.

I faced that for 3 monhts...could not take it

anymore.... it was hurting...

you are right...Shri Mataji controls everything...

keep it up ..mahesh.

Jai Shri Mataji.

--- Violet <vtubb wrote:

> Dear Mahesh,

>

> Thank you for your truly courageous story. i take my

> hat off to you. Shri Mataji is a great help in time

> of need. We have often found that too. She just

> creates openings and opportunities where there may

> have seemed to be none. Of course, a person has to

> be awake, alert and aware also and work hard, but

> trust in God who works things out in amazing ways!

>

> Thank you again for your interesting story.

>

> Violet

>

>

> , mahesh

> khatri

> <maheshkhatri> wrote:

> >

> > Hello Ajay and Jagbir

> >

> > As I had mentioned to Jabgir once in the mail, I

> too landed here

> with the grace of Shri Mataji. I had 67 points and

> the requirement

> was 68. My consultant told me that 1 point would be

> taken care of in

> the interview.

> > But then the Canadian immigration increased the

> points suddenly

> from 67 to 74.

> > Many potential immigrants got rejected even when

> they had 73

> points. There was an uproar and a lawsuit followed.

> But it did not

> help as the required points still remained at 74.

> > My Consultant told me only God can help you.

> Otherwise just be

> ready to get your rejection letter.

> > In around November 2003 when I was in the

> receiving team to

> receive Shri Mataji in Bombay, I prayed while taking

> vibrations from

> Sakshat Adishakti, " Shri Mataji please do something

> about my canada

> immigration. "

> > I did not expect any great miracle. I thought in

> my ego what can

> Shri Mataji do when she did not even hear my prayer

> physically as I

> had prayed in my mind. She might not be aware too

> what is it that I

> am asking?

> > But I was wrong. I got the proof of the greatest

> Miracle I had

> ever witnessed in my life.

> > In two days time, I got news that the Canadian

> immigration

> minister has reduced the points from 74 to 67.

> > I was happy, Shocked that Shri Mataji actually

> made a way for me

> to go to canada.

> > Then again the Ego started playing and I felt

> that it may be

> just a coincidence as there was already a lawsuit

> going on. so it

> might be the result of that actually...

> > I was wrong here as time would prove.

> > Exactly 1 year after, I was again in the

> receiving team to

> receive Shri Mataji at the same airport. Shri Mataji

> arrived early

> morning at around 1 am and thenI had the brief

> opportunity to speak

> to Shri Mataji in her hotel suit, where she blessed

> me saying " Sukhi

> raho Beta " and also blessed the Sindhi Community so

> that they can

> take to Sahaj Yoga. Also she said " Mehnat Karo

> Safalta Milegi. " in

> response to my telling that Sindhis are not taking

> to sahaja yoga as

> their full attention is on Money and that we are

> trying to create

> awareness in sindhi community.

> > The same day in the morning I got our Visas to

> Canada. I was

> shocked again and asked forgiveness from Shri Mataji

> for doubting

> her. Last Visit I prayed for Canada immigration and

> this Visit I

> actually got my visas.

> >

> > Chapter two

> >

> > We arrived here and as all the immigrants we

> passed throught the

> same phase.

> > No Jobs, No Canadian experience. But it is

> endurance that pays.

> > I was not interested in doing jobs as I had been

> doing business

> all the time. I invested my money that I brought to

> purchase Car,

> Photography and Video equipment and started

> approaching

> photographers for work.

> > I got only assurances and when I was offered

> some jobs, I was

> offered peanuts. I still worked to get some canadian

> experience. But

> the photographers here felt insecured when they saw

> my work and

> knowledge. So they stopped giving me any

> assignments.

> > I was then introduced to some indian guy who

> offered me

> partnership of 20% of sales which was equavalent to

> around 50% of

> the profit as he said to me. It was the business of

> blinds and

> shutters.

> > I told him that as I am a photographer

> basically, I would still

> be looking for opportunities in my field and as I

> dont know anything

> in his business I might not continue if I did not

> find it good.

> > Then on I worked day and night 7 days a week

> putting in as many

> as 15 to 17 hours a day. Selling blinds, shutters,

> pickup,

> installation, delivery etc.

> > I was with him for around 2 months and I made a

> sale of 25000

> and above apart from doing installations, pickup and

> delivery. As

> per his initial proposal, i was expecting around

> 5000 for the sales

> and around 2000 to 3000 for other work such as

> pickup, delivery and

> installation, plus the gas that i put in my car for

> his work and

> also the telephone bill I incurred.

> > But you know what? He paid me only 1340. Saying

> that he could

> not pay 20%. I was trying to be greedy. I did not

> deserve this and

> that.

> > When I said to him what does he mean to say I am

> trying to be

> greedy. I am not asking him .5% more than what he

> promised, he could

> not argue with me and then said that this is it. you

> may continue

> working or you may leave.

> > I said Ok, I cannot continue without my dues

> being paid first.

> > At that point I was in shambles, I had hardly

> enough money to

> survive for 2 months.

> > I could not go back and to stay I did not have

> any job. My wife

> did not have any job. I even contemplated going to

> welfare if things

> did not start working out.

> > I could not claim my money as I had nothing in

> writing.

> > The whole family was in depression. I got a

> factory job which I

> took. But even there I got a break after one week.

> > I decided enough is enough. I would now have to

> pave my own road.

> > I went and registered my firm for Business of

> the same blinds

> and shutters. Went and had a word with all the

> suppliers and took

> dealership and went out Selling the blinds and

> shutters.

> > Slowly and gradually, the business is built up

> and now I have

> ads running in newspapers, radio, internet. I have

> started getting

> good references and support from the manufacturers.

> So much so that

> the guy with whom I was associated with felt

> insecured and first

> tried to stop the manufacturers from dealing with

> me, which they did

> not. And now he has sent a notice through the lawyer

> claiming

> damages to his business due to my starting a

> business and creating

> competetion. All this has not deterred me to

> continue business and

> my lawyer says that he could not do anything as I

> have not cheated

> on him. On the contrary he has cheated me.

> > But I forgive him for that and count my

> blessings. How else

> could I have started my own business in a totally

> different

=== message truncated ===