IndiaDivine.org

Devipuram to Add 'Spiritual Resort'

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Namaste,

This is a GR8 News for More Devi Bhaktas.

My Devotion and Soulful Prayers are with trust founder, > Amritananda Natha Saraswati (N. Prahalada Sastry),> and the > Kanakamahalakshmi Ammavari Devastanam Chairman,> Vankyala Sanyasi.

Kindly keep me updated on the same so I will try my Best to Visit the Same when I am in Kerala for my Next Vacation.

I always visit Sri Mookambika Devi Temple In Kollur on each and every Vacation. Hopefully I can try to visit the Temple when Devi permits me to .

pranam,

Babitha

Click to join

Jatin Prakash <jatinprakash wrote:

good news.I hope with the blessings of devi the work will befinished as soon as possible.jatinprakash--- devi_bhakta <devi_bhakta wrote:> VISAKHAPATNAM (July 13 - 22, 2005): A spiritual> resort will be set > up at Devipuram near Sabbavaram by the Sri Vidya> Trust at a cost of > Rs.10 crores. Announcing this here on Tuesday, the> trust founder, > Amritananda Natha Saraswati (N. Prahalada Sastry),> and the > Kanakamahalakshmi Ammavari Devastanam Chairman,> Vankyala Sanyasi > Raju, said that a unique spiritual resort with the> biggest Sri > Chakra would be developed. > > "Devipuram, which has the Sri Chakra temple of> Goddess Rajarajeswari > will be known as Manidweepam -- a Maha Shakti> peetham containing all >

the 51 shakthi peethams in the world in the form of> Devi's body in > an area of 2.5 lakh square feet," Prof. Sastry, who> quit as a > scientist in the Tata Institute of Fundamental> Research (TIFR) to > build the temple at Devipuram in 1983, said. > > 'FUNDS NOT A PROBLEM' > > Claiming that he had the vision of the Devi several> times, Prof. > Sastry said that he was directed by the goddess to> consecrate a > temple at Devipuram before quitting a lucrative> career in TIFR. > > "With Her constant guidance, the temple work was> completed in 1994," > he said. > > With devotees all over the world, raising funds for> the spiritual > project would not be a problem. "At present, our> trust has Rs.50 > lakhs and we are confident of mobilising whatever is> required in the > next few years," he said.

> > The resort would be completed by 2010. As of now,> the trust had > spent Rs.2 crores to Rs.3 crores to transform> Devipuram into an > island of jewels called Manidweepa. > > CHANDO YAGNAS> > "Once completed, the landscape becomes the physical> body of Devi. > It's life is Sri Chakra and its power manifests in> the people who > visit it," he said. > > Prof. Sastry said that they would perform 54 Chandi> yagnas and > Suvasini puja from July 18 to 21. > > A lecture on Sri Vidya Deeksha will be delivered on> July 18 followed > by a discourse on `What is Sri Chakra?' on July 19,> meditation with > the guruji on July 20 and poornahuti on Gurupoornima> Day on July 21.> > * FOLLOW-UP (JULY 22)> > IMPARTING SPRIRITUALISM WITH SCIENTIFIC TOUCH> > VISAKHAPATNAM: Manidweepam, a

spiritual resort> planned at Devipuram, > is also intended to function as a learning centre> bringing science > and philosophy together. It will try to inculcate> respect for women > through Sakthi worship and remove apprehensions over> Saktheyam > (worshipping woman as Sakthi), according to the> founder-chairperson > of Sri Vidya Trust running the Devipuram temples,> Amritanandanadha > Saraswathi A. K. A. N. Prahlada Sastry. > > He told mediapersons that it would contain all the> 51 Matrusakthi > peethams. The spiritual centre would like to attract> the best of > talent to act as think-tank. > > Expressing agony over treatment of women as> commercial object, Dr. > Sastry, a former nuclear physicist with the> Mumbai-based Tata > Institute of Fundamental Research, said woman should> be worshipped > as

Mother as per the maxim "Matrudevobhava''. He> wanted people to > visit Devipuram to know its significance and clear> their doubts. He > expressed the wish that because of the sanctity of> the place > (sthalamahatmyam), there should be a transformation> of mind and > heart and people should acquire jnana. Coming up> over an area of 2.5 > lakh sft., the centre is expected to be completed by> 2010. > > GURU PURNIMA> > Marking Guru Purnima, special abhishekams and pujas> were conducted > to Sri Sahasrakshi Rajarajeswari on Thursday and the> four-day Chandi > and Lalitha Yagan concluded with a poornahuthi. > > SOURCE: © Copyright 2000-2005 The Hindu. Devotional> centre to have > biggest Sri Chakra, says trust founder. > > URLS:>http://www.thehindu.com/2005/07/13/stories/2005071304010200.htm>http://www.thehindu.com/2005/07/22/stories/2005072201900200.htm> > > >