IndiaDivine.org

FW: ] Guruvayoorappanum karnataka sangeethavum

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Just an Info from another Group.

guruvayur [guruvayur ]On Behalf Of Subbu IyerFriday, August 05, 2005 5:33 AMguruvayur Subject: Re: [Guruvayur/Guruvayoor] Guruvayoorappanum karnataka sangeethavum

Dear Sreehari

The meaning of the Purandara Dasa Kriti you have sought in the raaga Sudha Dhanyasi is as follows:

Narayan Ninna Namada Smaranaya

Saaramrutvu ella naavige barali

Dear Narayana, let me and everyone remember your name always

Let the nectar of chanting of your holy name be on our tongue always

Kashta dalli irali, utkrishta dalli irali

esthadaru madi kettu irali;

krishna krishna endu sistaru beduta

ashtaskshara maha mantrada namamva

When called in distress or in happy times

No matter how wasteful a life one might have led

When one calls out your name, you respond "O Krishna"

As your name is akin to the eight sylabbled mahamantra

Santata Hari Ninna Saasirada Naamava, Antaranga Dalli Irali

Yenta Purandara Vittla Naryana, Antya Kala Dalli, Chintiso Haage

Your Nama Japam encompasses and embodies everything

May it be etched in my consciousness (Antaranga: Where the Lord and the Devotee are one and the same)

Purandara your savant pleads and prays that this thought of your Divya Naama, be the pre-occupying one until and even the last dying moments.

This is one of Purandara Dasar's earlier Devara Naama (Not all his compositions are Devara Naamas as most people bundle them to be) where he is more in a preaching mode and advises people on the importance and divinity of the Krishna Naryana Naamasmarana. He of course sees the manifestation of Naarayana through his Ishta Devata Purandara Vittala as many of us see through Guruvayoorappan.

Om Namo Naarayana. shreehari.pillai wrote:

Om namo narayanaaaya

Basically I love carnatic music, also murali dharan , sakshaal sree guruvayoorappan , can we discuss about bhagavaan's love towards carnatic music ?

I have read once Anjam nambootirippad called Guruvayoorappan as Sarva kalakaludeeyum adipan ( who is the master of all arts ).

Chembai , who was the master of carnatic music with his bronze voice was a frequent visitor of guruvayoor . especially during ekadashi days. he usually come to guruvayoor 10 days before guruvayoor ekadashi ,and perform musical concerts in oottupura of guruvayoor. One day he forgets about the ekadashi and went for a concert in kozhikod samoothiri's palace. All things were ready and when chembai started the concert, he felt that he could not able to sing and no voice is coming. He suddenly called one disciple and checked the calendar, that day was Guruvayoor Ekadashi !!!

Chembai started crying like a kid who got the presence of para brahma . lord guruvayoorappan . He said that he want to go to guruvayoor immediately. Some one arranged a taxi and at that night itself he went to guruvayoor. Around 3 o clock he reached guruvayoor, took bath and went for nirmalya darshanam. In all the way from kozhikode he was praying guruvayoorappan to forgive his carelessness and going after money n prosperity. He understood that with out guruvayoorappan there is no reason in earning money.During nirmalyam he was crying before guruvayoorappan for give back his divine voice . he tried to sing his favorite kruthi 'Karuna cheyvaan enthu thamasam krishna' but still voice was not coming. But unfortunately he met a person in temple who gave him the medicine . After taking that medicine he got his voice back. After that no one have any idea about the man who gave him the medicine.,It was believed that Sree guruvayoorappan him self given the medicine to chembai.

After that chembai become a different person, he given all his wealth to guruvayoorappan, after each concert he gave the his earnings to guruvayoorappan, he took music class freely

In the year of 1976 , he got moksha just few minutes after his last concert in Olappamanna poozhikkunnu temple, Ottapalam . during his last breath he was chanting 'narayana'

www.chembai.com

During ekadashi seasons devaswam is conducting Chembai sangeetholsavam in the memory of chembai vaidyanadtha bagavathar

His favorite krithis

Rakshamaaam : gambeera nattai Vatapi : hamsadwani bandureethi : hamsanaadam enthavenduko o ragava karuna cheyvaan entu : yadukula kamboji

I have heard ' Narayana ninna namaja smrana' by purendara dasar during ucha pooja nagaswaram in guruvayoor.

So when ever I hear this kruthi I feel I am in guruvayoor. Can any one please send me the meaning of this kruthi

Narayana narayana

/---------------/ / Shreehari.G.P / /---------------/ / \O/ | | / \

Best regards,Subbu Iyer