IndiaDivine.org

Tripura

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tripura Paryushana (India)

Themes: Religious Devotion; Forgiveness; Relationships; Kindness; Truth; Spirituality; Patience; Restoration

Symbols: Gold; Silver; Iron

About Tripura: In Jainism, Tripura is the great mother who lives in three metallic cities (gold, silver, iron) that represent the heavens, the air, and the earth (or body, mind, and spirit). She unites these three powers within us for well-balanced spiritual living that reflects good morals and proper action.

To Do Today: Taking place between August and September, this Jaina festival focuses on the ten cardinal virtues of forgiveness, charity, simplicity, contentment, truthfulness, self-restraint, fasting, detachment, humility, and continence. It is also a time to restore relationships that have been damaged during the year and generally reassess one's life and perspectives, asking for Tripura's assistance during your daily meditations with words like this:

"Great Heavenly Mother, create in me a temple

that is strong and pure, a mind that seeks after

truth, and a spirit that thirsts for enlightenment.

Balance these parts of myself so I may walk along

your path with harmony as my companion."

Another way to generate Tripura's attributes within today is by wearing gold, silver, and iron toned objects or clothing. If you can't find anything in an iron color, just iron your clothing using the magic of puns for power!

Start your day with - make it your home page