IndiaDivine.org

Translating several Sthothras in to English

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Rama chander <ramya475 wrote:

"Babitha Vasanth" <babitha70Re: September 18Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:27:18 -0400Rama chander <ramya475

Dear Friends, For the past five years I have been spending the best part of my time in translating several Sthothras in to english.The idea was two fold:-1.Bring home the majesty of these sthothras to those not knowing sanskrit 2.Provide a means for our modern day youngsters who are ignorant of sanskrit and unfortunately many times more confidant in reading english than their mother tongue. Today I have completed creating a web site www.geocities.com/ramya475 where all my translations(more than 40) are given. This web site contains many great sthothras which include Vishnu Sahasranamam, Lalitha Sahasranamam, Soundarya Lahari, Shivananda Lahari, DEvi Mahatmyam, Sundara Kandam etc. There is also a collection of daily prayers under the heading Nithya Sthothra Parayana. I request all of you to visit the web site and also bring it to the notice of your friends

who may be interested.With best wishes, Ramachander

Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.